Accounts Submission Date Extension

JfR

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I predicted last week that an extension would be announced.

My new prediction. Derbys accounts will be accepted, but we will be given a suspended 3 point deduction which will become active if we fail to submit accounts on time again.

Hard to see a suspended deduction coming into play then again it is the EFL who make it up as they go along 

meanwhile Reading FC failed their P&S and are under an embargo but no point deduction - no one has a clue do they 

2 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Just listened to this interview and found it truly bizarre that the club has put it out.

First set of questions around bringing in PJ and SB all pretty much leave Rooney confused and I can't work out if it's just dreadful from the club or a dig at the EFL (which is also dreadful)

Again he then gets questioned about the accounts and basically says it has nothing to do with him. It's a DCFC interview not a BBC/TalkSport interview ao I just don't get why every question seems like a surprise and somewhat unplanned.

Lastly he makes a big point that PJ and DB will probably not play tonight. Smokescreen?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159522063790797&id=9595625796

It’s the press conference with questions from the media. It was the BBC asking about the accounts. 

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hard to see a suspended deduction coming into play then again it is the EFL who make it up as they go along 

meanwhile Reading FC failed their P&S and are under an embargo but no point deduction - no one has a clue do they 

they will be under investigation same as us, it will end and if points are deducted it will be a decision made by EFL or DC with an inevitable LAP.  Seems obvious that this is the tried and tested process?

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

The complete lack of understanding or appreciation about what's gone on is incredible.  

Honestly, I swear that most of the reason other fans seem to hate us so much is the sheer amount of gibberish that gets posted about what we've allegedly done, and people just believe it. I saw one guy on reddit confidently stating that we'd been found guilty of running 2 parallel sets of accounts, giving one to HMRC and the other one to the EFL.  People still think we were found guilty over the stadium sale.  The whole paying Rooney a coaches salary to avoid FFP thing. 

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Anyone else absolutely loving the meltdown on Twitter from other fans following the extension, especially from Forest, 'Boro or Birmingham fans from what I've seen? The complete lack of understanding or appreciation about what's gone on is incredible.  

Yes, they're like a lynch-mob, which is very typical of Twitter. But you even see it in the Guardian comments, especially from fans of clubs who've been punished themselves. Birmingham fans are particularly bitter, which is rich when you consider they got a points deduction when they were in mid-table and unlikely to make the play-offs or be relegated. They also still insist they did nothing wrong.

Forest fans though are probably the biggest hypocrites, given the number of times  their club was reported to have failed to pay the players on time under Fawaz, for which they received no sanctions at all.

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We’re actually talking to each other (the club and the EFL) instead of publicly antagonising each other. Maybe that’s the reason?

The engagement will be out in a couple of weeks and DCFC and EFL will be married by Christmas. EFL have an issue with Mel walking DCFC don the aisle 

9 minutes ago, rsmini said:

I’ve no idea what this means but it’s apparently connected to today’s delay 

So, he's looked at CH and found MM as a director. He's set up alerts (anyone can do this) to email him any time there is a change/new filing received. That's as far as his knowledge and understanding goes. Is the information valid? Yes. Does it necessarily tell us anything? No. 

3 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I think it would suggest that a takeover has started. The post links to a company which Morris owns and is being shut down.

I don't think it's necessarily anything to do with a takeover. The compulsory strike-off thing is Companies House's process for dealing with companies that are failing to fulfil their duties - in our case almost certainly related to not filing accounts for 2+ years.  If my understanding is correct, we just file the accounts within the next couple of months and it gets removed.

2 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

I think it would suggest that a takeover has started. The post links to a company which Morris owns and is being shut down.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - The opening up of information on the companies house site has led to so so much unfounded Twitter/Forum speculation and guesswork (Twitter 'Andy' and Kieran Mcguire are champions of this). Beyond the fact that there are 2 directors, a charge on the LTD company and the fact that a compulsory strike off coming in a few days time, you can glean naff all from that information.

The club stated last week that season tickets would be on sale on the 18th August.

Obviously we all know that it must be linked to the accounts being published.

Yet we wake today and there is absolutely no communication from the club whatsoever in terms of the season tickets.

It's absolutely incredible the lack of communication with supporters and how much they take them for granted.

I also find it staggering that we haven't opened the ticket office yet.

Sheffield United tickets are on sale for 2 days.