Accounts Submission Date Extension

JfR

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That doesn't seem to fit the remit I'm afraid.  Reading are his new plaything now I should imagine .  At least till accounts are filed . His comments are the same thing over and over and bar a few droogs who seem to hang on his every word, some off his own forum members are getting tired of him bunging up the forum with Derby County accounts. Play the game of categorising his comments using the following chart. 

image.png

I've had nothing but a 7 since lockdown.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

well I don't get it. My understanding was that the P&S numbers were based off EBITD(a) and I don't understand how a waiver of indebtedness finds its way into EBITD(a). I'd always understood it was a capital transaction that could give rise to a capital gain. Are you sure, OMW?

Although I’m a Chartered Accountant by profession, I don’t claim to know loads about the FFP rules. However, a waiver of indebtedness is not normally a capital gain as there is no disposal of any asset. In substance, it is effectively a gift from whoever waives the loan, and therefore income. On the point of the FFP rules being based on EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxation, Depreciation and Amortisation), others may know better and I stand to be corrected but that seems unlikely to me as our ongoing issue with the EFL is all about our amortisation policy.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That doesn't seem to fit the remit I'm afraid.  Reading are his new plaything now I should imagine .  At least till accounts are filed . His comments are the same thing over and over and bar a few droogs who seem to hang on his every word, some off his own forum members are getting tired of him bunging up the forum with Derby County accounts. Play the game of categorising his comments using the following chart. 

image.png

d3b1e0bf4956fb4a19745d1ec01c53e4.png

2288a147be85f407868db7c72f59343a.png

907 posts from him that specifically mention Derby (some may be in reference to Rovers, but I can't be bothered to check) and he doesn't just reply with a line or 2, most of them are multiple paragraphs long. And obviously there's probably a good chunk of posts in which he hasn't specifically mentioned Derby by name which aren't included in those 907 results. I honestly think he's a bigger Derby fan than most of us on here! ?

6 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Although I’m a Chartered Accountant by profession, I don’t claim to know loads about the FFP rules. However, a waiver of indebtedness is not normally a capital gain as there is no disposal of any asset. In substance, it is effectively a gift from whoever waives the loan, and therefore income. On the point of the FFP rules being based on EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxation, Depreciation and Amortisation), others may know better and I stand to be corrected but that seems unlikely to me as our ongoing issue with the EFL is all about our amortisation policy.

thanks that's helpful    Looked at the regs - they define earnings as  profit or loss before tax, as shown in the Annual Accounts. So it's wider than EBITDA or any of its relatives. If the loophole works,  surely the EFL will have to change its rules 

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

I thought the money for the stadium had been exchanged already, thus Gellaw XXX who own the stadium do not owe the club anything? 

It may well have done but it certainly had not as at 30 June 2018 and obviously with no accounts released since we don't have any evidence. 

I thought in the report released by the IDC it had mentioned the ground being paid for in 8 instalments of £10m but I may have dreamt that up!

11 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The debt written off will in my understanding be counted as income and would therefore be taxable, the debt write off by the creditors would count as losses on their P&L and therefore could be offset against tax, this is my understanding but as ever I could always be wrong but the scenario makes sense

Didnt gibson do this for boro 

i stand to be corrected but im sure he turned debt into shares or something

Isnt that an option to mel ? 

11 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Mr Popadjikupmias, has basically rewritten the same post 70 times, I think he is the football forum equivalent of a stalker, we should take out an injunction 

He has a clear hate for Derby and their fans, an unhealthy one.  He did mention one thing about there must be a reason for not selling season tickets and then made a comment about stoke and Covid. A thought, have we done that to lower our income so that we can right off more debt due to Covid?

I have read their thread and like us they are making assumptions, one of them being the 'missing' £30m from the stadium revaluation, another relating to FFP and our wages. Another is that the reason so many 'Derby' companies are being struck off is due to the failure to file accounts. I agree with them but thats because we are in negotiations with the EFL and I still feel that is because they need to show something from this and I still think we will accept something that is minor in comparision to what people think we deserve.  

We do have to accept that 'we' have tried to use accounting practices to cover up our overspending and that where we are is of our own making.  The EFL need to accept that they have made a right horlicks in the process and delivery of our accounts and the charges.  

5 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I agree with them but thats because we are in negotiations with the EFL and I still feel that is because they need to show something from this and I still think we will accept something that is minor in comparision to what people think we deserve.  

We do have to accept that 'we' have tried to use accounting practices to cover up our overspending and that where we are is of our own making.  The EFL need to accept that they have made a right horlicks in the process and delivery of our accounts and the charges.  

Why on earth should we agree to a punishment when (as of yet, hopefully not at all) we've done nothing else wrong?!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why on earth should we agree to a punishment when (as of yet, hopefully not at all) we've done nothing else wrong?!

If we were in the clear this would have all been done and dusted by now. yes I do hope all is good and we are clear but this has all of the hallmark of an on ongoing negotiations and that can really only be about a potential punishment

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

If we were in the clear this would have all been done and dusted by now. yes I do hope all is good and we are clear but this has all of the hallmark of an on ongoing negotiations and that can really only be about a potential punishment

Why would it? We've been negotiating over what is acceptable amortisation methods? Or where to put the stadium £30m?

Nothing to do with punishment.

On 19/08/2021 at 07:56, Woodley Ram said:

I think this is all about negotiations, my thoughts are that they are negotiating a penalty that we will agree to not appeal as both parties want to put an end to this. I am expecting a 3-6 point deduction maybe some of it suspended based on failing to file accounts, little bit of FFP, failing to pay bills. Things put together that we will accept. 

3 points now plus 3 points if we win the Prem. Half decent offer imo. The boring farce of this is why in the world it has taken so long to sort it out. Surely it was stuck down the back of the filing cabinet until we retained our championship status. It is like the slow bicycle race with stabilisers on the bikes 

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Our accounts saga has provided us nerds with months of geek material. 

What am I going to do once it is all settled and we won't have ebitda, amortisation, comprehensive income, capital reductions et al.... ?

You could make a start by making wild, unsubstatiated claims about Bristol City, long and convoluted, with gallons of vitriol.

Give us all a chuckle.

49 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

and you know that because........

If we fail FFP because of overspending in the resubmitted accounts, the punishments are proscribed in the rules - 1 point per £Xm overspend. There’s nothing to negotiate over there. If we’re negotiating, it’s almost certainly to do with exactly how the accounts will be resubmitted.

I suppose there’s a slight chance we’re arguing mitigating circumstances regarding the overspend. But even then, I suspect it would be a case if us being given the full deduction and have to appeal it, not agree it before the fact.

BREAKING NEWS...In an effort to lower emissions and be more carbon neutral, The Bristol Balloon Festival intend to inflate all balloons at next year’s festival by reading a Mr Popodopolous’s posts submitted on a football forum from one of the city’s football teams relating to Derby County Football Club.

A spokes person said “Even though there will be over one hundred entries taking part we are optimistic there may even be enough hot air for the 2023 festival”.

Greta Thunberg welcomed this innovating source of fuel citing Mr Popodopolous’s contribution to reducing emissions as heartwarming. 

17 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

d3b1e0bf4956fb4a19745d1ec01c53e4.png

2288a147be85f407868db7c72f59343a.png

907 posts from him that specifically mention Derby (some may be in reference to Rovers, but I can't be bothered to check) and he doesn't just reply with a line or 2, most of them are multiple paragraphs long. And obviously there's probably a good chunk of posts in which he hasn't specifically mentioned Derby by name which aren't included in those 907 results. I honestly think he's a bigger Derby fan than most of us on here! ?

Ive been a fan for about 53 years and he has wrote more about this club than i have , we should contact OTIB and nominate him as a super fan lol