Accounts Submission Date Extension

JfR

Not only was tomorrow earmarked as the day when our accounts had to be submitted by, but also when season tickets were finally going to go on sale.
Last weeks announcements stated there would be more info on that "early next week"... which of course is now this week.  As we haven't had any further info on that particular subject to date, and I assume 5pm this evening marked the end of "Early next week", I can't help but wonder whether season tickets will indeed go on sale tomorrow, or whether that date may also be put back 6 days?

I guess tomorrow will answer that, one way or another?

?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Surely: One can only presume they have NOT agreed any sort of deal. But that both parties want to avoid a dispute.

Otherwise an extension would not be required and would not have been agreed 

very bad for Rooney in terms of building a squad 

I think logically you are correct.

But wishful thinking being what it is, i just get the sense something has been agreed or is very close.

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What a palaver! It's normally us saying "there'll be no further comment" while previous EFL pronouncements have been extremely unprofessional. Who knows what this means? Clutching at straws I'd like to think the tight-lipped EFL response grudgingly accepts the accounts will be within limits so long as the auditors sign them off or something like that. 

(yet) another week before we might be closer to signing more players. This is kicking it ever closer until after the window closes. 

.......... which is probably the EFL's plan.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think logically you are correct.

But wishful thinking being what it is, i just get the sense something has been agreed or is very close.

Yes, if there was no prospect of agreement an extension would pointless. We’d be better off bunging in the accounts and doing some business in the transfer market 

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I actually get the feeling now that MM wants to delay these accounts past the 18th just so he doesn't have to give rooney any money for the players he actually wanted.

Or maybe MM doesn't want to delay at all, but EFL have advised that the current accounts don't quite make them entirely happy.  One last final tweak may see the EFL smiling, and offering a handshake in our direction?
Maybe... just maybe... the delay is down to a kind and generous act by the EFL, (by way of suggesting a 6 day extension) to help MM avoid stepping in yet another pile of dog poo?

#Who knows!   

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Surely: One can only presume they have NOT agreed any sort of deal. But that both parties want to avoid a dispute.

Otherwise an extension would not be required and would not have been agreed 

very bad for Rooney in terms of building a squad 

Meh. You're supposing Mel will let him spend any more. But there'd still be a week after submission. We've done two in a day, whole team in seven days! #COYR

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Or maybe MM doesn't want to delay at all, but EFL have advised that the current accounts don't quite make them entirely happy.  One last final tweak may see the EFL smiling, and offering a handshake in our direction?
Maybe... just maybe... the delay is down to a kind and generous act by the EFL, (by way of suggesting a 6 day extension) to help MM avoid stepping in yet another pile of dog poo?

#Who knows!   

hopefully your right. I'm Just starting to get a little cynical over the whole affair. I just get the feeling he's had enough and doesn't want to spend any more than he has too.

but like I said, I hope your right.