Steve McClaren

Poynton ram

Anybody else see him on Sky Sports this morning talking about the game last night ? Very complimentary about Rooney and the style he is bringing to the team and his brave selection choices. Not entirely sure what his role of Technical Director involves though

Edited by David
Sorry, had to fix his name in the topic title.

• 1 month later...
On 11/08/2021 at 15:06, Poynton ram said:

Anybody else see him on Sky Sports this morning talking about the game last night ? Very complimentary about Rooney and the style he is bringing to the team and his brave selection choices. Not entirely sure what his role of Technical Director involves though

With administration, will he be here in a few days? (Unless we get a buyer in quick).

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think this article is strangely worded. It's the nature of a consultancy role that it is temporary. Seems a no-brainer that it is one of the first roles to go.

Could argue that Rooney has taken on board  what he needs from Steve and his job is done.

I wonder when he will be back again.

On 11/08/2021 at 15:06, Poynton ram said:

Let's be honest, as a fellow employee of the club he's hardly going to be negative towards Rooney?

McLaren doesn't really have much to do. He is supposed to talk to the board about matters, but Mel seems to be hiding somewhat and we don't really have a 'board' as such anyway. One of his other roles is to help with player recruitment, but that's just not possible with our embargo situation. So on the whole he has very little to actually do at the moment. ?

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think this article is strangely worded. It's the nature of a consultancy role that it is temporary. Seems a no-brainer that it is one of the first roles to go.

Could argue that Rooney has taken on board  what he needs from Steve and his job is done.

Exactly this. I doubt he'll be crying himself to sleep over it.

Obviously a cost that can easily be cut.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

To return to our club three times under differing circumstances and have a good effect each time. Thanks Schteve. Once (twice, three times) a Ram always a Ram! 

He will be laughing, all the payoffs from us and other clubs he has got the sack from, and at the end of the day what has he won in this country