Steve McClaren

Poynton ram

19 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You loved him as england manager then, nobody was queuing up to employ him, only us, but thats just my opinion which is different to yours. So we will agree to dissagree

We won an awful lot of football matches when Mac was in charge, he tops the list. Perhaps with your mysterious agenda that doesn't count?

27 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You loved him as england manager then, nobody was queuing up to employ him, only us, but thats just my opinion which is different to yours. So we will agree to dissagree

Not a matter of disagreement of opinion, rather of fact. Mac was employed by QPR as a coach and left them to join Derby.

4 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

I was only joking that Newcastle don't like any manager.

I loved him as Derby manager because we played good football and won a lot. That's what it's about for me. Fun

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

You have to be kidding !! . Sorry he use to do absolutly nothing bar run around with his socks round his ankles on a par with nick pickering and steve cross . He was totally useless . 

That’s a bit harsh. 

Nick Pickering was a good winger at times and Cross always gave his all. 

Oh the nostalgia 

I think Macs best days as a player were at Hull.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

You have to be kidding !! . Sorry he use to do absolutly nothing bar run around with his socks round his ankles on a par with nick pickering and steve cross . He was totally useless . 

He was a decent midfielder at that level Div 3  picked up a bad injury at Rotherham and had to play on till the final whistle I remember the game well. 

He was never going to be better than that level has a player. 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I was only joking that Newcastle don't like any manager.

I loved him as Derby manager because we played good football and won a lot. That's what it's about for me. Fun

Dont know how old you are, but hope you was around late 60's early 70's and smiths time, you would have loved it.