v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

Day

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

While he couldn't finish to save his own kind, at least he got into exciting positions! We've really gone backwards in the past few years.

I really believe Lampard just compounded the problem, take away his covering the cracks loans, we were a very poor side!

Why is it Lampard's fault he covered the cracks? They were there before and after Lampard, isn't it a good thing he was able to cover them?

Salford a difficult game?? Come on, they are also in pre season and a league two side for duck sake! We didn't even look close and technically none of our players scored!

We already have McLaren on the payroll, can't believe we don't have him instructing us and at least playing exciting football even if we lose most games!

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,that was absolutely dreadful.

Ive no idea what Wayne is trying to do.

The one and only positive being Sibley's brief appearance and how well he played (probably against the script).

Extremely concerned about our upcoming season under Rooney.

It’s only a friendly. Be nice to get a win before it becomes 1 win in 20 though. #COYR #inwazzawetrust ?

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Salford a difficult game?? Come on, they are also in pre season and a league two side for duck sake! We didn't even look close and technically none of our players scored!

We already have McLaren on the payroll, can't believe we don't have him instructing us and at least playing exciting football even if we lose most games!

Rooney won't have the advice will he because of his ego , the muppet is delusional

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Why is it Lampard's fault he covered the cracks? They were there before and after Lampard, isn't it a good thing he was able to cover them?

We again, just like with Rooney, aren't the club that is a good fit for ex players just starting their managerial careers!

Great for Lampard and his future he can cover the cracks and not at all develop the team or lookout for our future as a club!

At the end of the day, we're just not very good. 

I don't know how many times we have to debate it but we just don't have good enough players. It's as simple as that.

Blame Rooney all you want but he's got nothing to work with. We're a mish mash of players who are past it, kids and free agents nobody else wants. The man to blame is Mel Morris. Until he is out of this club, nothing will change. 

Rooney has tried to change the playing style but they're incapable of doing it. He plays defensive football and people still complain. He can't win.

The only hope this season is that our better players step up to a level that can carry the rest of the shambles. Our other hope is that Rooney can bring some good loan players in. But that's also impossible due to the embargo.

The owner of the club is to blame, he is the reason why we are here. 

Just now, DCFC Kicks said:

he got players like Mason Bennett and Dave Nugent to look decent. Even Jozefzoon looked good at one point during Lampard's season here. Don't know if people realise how difficult that is to do?

Underrated manager in my opinion. 

Well I only watched the second half so based on that - Morrison actually looks like he can contribute - our defence looked rather slow and those on the pitch not very good dealing with the aerial ball (no change there) sadly we looked rather toothless again but Sibley just gives a game a real lift.

could we somehow get Sibley and Morrison into a starting X1 with either Shinnie/knight/Bird - we could carry a threat and we will need it while we are needing a decent centre forward who can score goals. 

8 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Morrison shouldn't even be offered a contract.

If you’re doubting his attitude over the course of a season then maybe but talent wise, he’s head and shoulders above this lot.

He’s Picasso the others are painting by numbers. So predictable, slow and safe. Limited footballers, no ambition.

If we can sign four, then for me it’s Wisdom (or Mengi if that reopens), Jagielka, Morrison and Carroll.

Stearman looks like a Div 2 centre half, ponderous in possession and slow on the turn.

Baldock is no forward. Aluko past it.

No room for Jagielk and Davies and whilst I love him, Curtis’s injuries rule him out for me. Would love him to stay in some capacity, though.

Let Hutchinson and Forsyth out on loan, sell Lawrence and Buchanan and bring in at least one forward who can run and get in the box.

Thoughts after this;-

Too many chances not taken 

rooney unwilling/unable to make subs early enough 

loads of possession but to no real end

Not sure about stearman looks like a Malone/Te Weirik 

Morrison is quality and will be good for us 

Sibley needs to start - and a run of games with consistent management support 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah,I know mate but it's still a friendly we lost and looked off the pace to a league 2 side.

Just hoping for a glimmer to be honest.

We created tonnes more chances than them. The biggest issue was failing to take them. 

The areas of biggest worry is CB and a 2ns CF.