Jump to content

v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly


David
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Do we start playing the kids at centre back in case we cannot register any of the old timers?

I think we've got to stick with who we've definitely got @IslandExile just in case!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a back 4 of: Byrne, Solomon, Forsyth and Buchanan against Salford... and I reeeally don't like the idea of Forsyth starting the season as our first choice CB!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Do we start playing the kids at centre back in case we cannot register any of the old timers?

I think we have to at this point. The only thing worse than chucking two kids in at the deep end is chucking two kids in at the deep end who haven’t played much football together.

We’re a few weeks away from the season starting with about 5 sanctions over our head. It’s not going to get resolved, so we have to start facing facts. It’s probably best we don’t waste these lads who are looking for a new club’s time either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is an additional point that playing Cashin would exacerbate our problem, as he is currently not a player classed as a “professional”.  Therefore, by playing him, we’d be making life more difficult to bring in additional bodies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

There is an additional point that playing Cashin would exacerbate our problem, as he is currently not a player classed as a “professional”.  Therefore, by playing him, we’d be making life more difficult to bring in additional bodies.

We can still play him though, if the Chorley game is not excluded then we're well over at 27 so will have to run with what we've got.

Cashin would be one if our better options in that scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

We can still play him though, if the Chorley game is not excluded then we're well over at 27 so will have to run with what we've got.

Cashin would be one if our better options in that scenario.

We could wait and see how things go, at least until August 18. There's no point in rushing we've a whole season ahead, gotta play the long game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

FFS, I missed this. Looks like they've sold out.

Don't suppose anyone accidentally bought one too many?

There's a bloke on Twitter claiming to have double purchased 2 tickets in error, on the #dcfc timeline

Edited by Carnero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.