v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

Day

Lets be honest how can we even judge Rooney, he has not had a penny to spend on the team who was bottom when he took us over, and the poo he has had to deal with this preseason, would make most managers walk away, the person who has truly ducked us over is Mel. 

Edited by Derby blood

Without getting drawn into reopening the arguments already done to death, I thought - 

Jagielka looked decent if a little slow. Stearman looks a class below him and I think will get exploited week in week out but actually didn't do too badly. Wisdom is just frustrating, can look strong and confident on the ball then totally switches off or is ponderous as anything. 

Carroll looked fairly similar in style to Bird but pushed forward more and looked more of a goal threat. 

Morrison started brightly but without CKR second half we lost an idea of what to do with the ball in the final third. 

Sibley came on and changed the whole tempo of the game. Looked bigger and stronger, really wanted the ball and drove us forward. 

Salford created little aside from the goals. We looked slow at times but ultimately created enough to win. 

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Without getting drawn into reopening the arguments already done to death, I thought - 

Jagielka looked decent if a little slow. Stearman looks a class below him and I think will get exploited week in week out but actually didn't do too badly. Wisdom is just frustrating, can look strong and confident on the ball then totally switches off or is ponderous as anything. 

Carroll looked fairly similar in style to Bird but pushed forward more and looked more of a goal threat. 

Morrison started brightly but without CKR second half we lost an idea of what to do with the ball in the final third. 

Sibley came on and changed the whole tempo of the game. Looked bigger and stronger, really wanted the ball and drove us forward. 

Salford created little aside from the goals. We looked slow at times but ultimately created enough to win. 

Aluko had two excellent chances first half. But only once did he take his man on, but maybe that's lack of confidence.

Hutchinson looked lively too. 

Fozzy had 4 attempts at crosses but only put one in a dangerous position, for our goal.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I did but it was ignored. CKR has been improved by our coaching.

Don't know why you're so keen to try and poo on your own club what an odd thing to do. ?

I'm not i just want what's best for the club.

You can't say Rooney has improved CKR because we never saw him play under Cocu. ?

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I'm not i just want what's best for the club.

You can't say Rooney has improved CKR because we never saw him play under Cocu. ?

Yeah and he'd never played a game before Cocu so we had no idea of his ability! What a joke. ?

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Absolutely agree with @Chester40and I will be very worried if Stearman joins, as he looks slow and very predictable, and not comfortable on the ball, and I know I'd find it hard every week to watch Derby if he plays.

Not many people have mentioned Captain Tom in this game either, he simply dissapeared, did he opt to stand behind the goal with the Rams fans? hardly touched the ball or did anything with it.

Wonder what the morale amongst the lads is going to be for this one after this week's latest round of shenanigans?

It might be crap for us but just think how it affects them with the stick they no doubt get from other players in the footballing community,it must be embarrassing.

Hopefully they can channel it into their play and enjoy their football this week as it's vital that do but this sort of thing generally seems to unsettle a squad,especially on top of everything else the club is facing.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I just mustered up the courage to watch the highlights of Saturdays game.

Still can't believe the body shape of Baldock when he was clean through on goal. Truly dreadful. Like he's been playing too much FIFA and trying to achieve the ultimate sweaty goal.

I thought his initial bodyshape wasnt too bad, he opened his body up and the keeper had comitted to it, all he needed to do was drag it onto his left foot but seemed to take too long & lost his balance so tried to pass it. Not seen it back though.