v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

David

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

At the end of the day, we're just not very good. 

I don't know how many times we have to debate it but we just don't have good enough players. It's as simple as that.

Blame Rooney all you want but he's got nothing to work with. We're a mish mash of players who are past it, kids and free agents nobody else wants. The man to blame is Mel Morris. Until he is out of this club, nothing will change. 

Rooney has tried to change the playing style but they're incapable of doing it. He plays defensive football and people still complain. He can't win.

The only hope this season is that our better players step up to a level that can carry the rest of the shambles. Our other hope is that Rooney can bring some good loan players in. But that's also impossible due to the embargo.

The owner of the club is to blame, he is the reason why we are here. 

He can’t win….that does seem the case….

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Thoughts after this;-

Too many chances not taken 

rooney unwilling/unable to make subs early enough 

loads of possession but to no real end

Not sure about stearman looks like a Malone/Te Weirik 

Morrison is quality and will be good for us 

Sibley needs to start - and a run of games with consistent management support 

So too many chances missed AND no real end to possession.. 

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Thoughts after this;-

Too many chances not taken 

rooney unwilling/unable to make subs early enough 

loads of possession but to no real end

Not sure about stearman looks like a Malone/Te Weirik 

Morrison is quality and will be good for us 

Sibley needs to start - and a run of games with consistent management support 

Didn't he swap most of the team at half time? How much earlier would you have liked ?

Can we calm down a little? This is an early preseason game where we need to both try out trialists as we can only sign four and attempt to change our woeful playing style from last season. Rooney said after ManU that this game was going to be how we deal with more possession with a different style from the season before. Bird said in an interview it's a change up. Can someone who watched the game give me some idea of what this lookes like today without just shouting we lost 2-1 to a league two side?

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

We again, just like with Rooney, aren't the club that is a good fit for ex players just starting their managerial careers!

Great for Lampard and his future he can cover the cracks and not at all develop the team or lookout for our future as a club!

I can't believe, with all the other people at the club, your having a go at Lampard, and for what? Almost getting us promoted? Would getting promoted be good for the future of the club? It's not a Managers job primarily to look after the future of a club, it's to win games with the players he has. Besides, he developed Bogle quite well who we sold. It's not his fault none of the other academy players were good enough at the time to compete.

Oh dear.

Not many positives there at all.

Stearman looks fairly reliable, Aluko looks like he could add something up top but fitness an issue, Baldock lively but not a lone striker, Morrison okay but was much better last week. Carroll showed very little apart from a shot. Nothing much to say about Jagielka and Allsop.

Forsyth okay again, McDonald and Ebosele lively, Sibley good apart from silly booking. Not much from Hutchinson this time.

The rest of the side really just fit into the stereotypes we have of them. We know their limitations and they were on show.

Tactically we showed nothing. Didn't make any changes to stop their danger men, and didn't do enough to get the better of their weaknesses.

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

At the end of the day, we're just not very good. 

I don't know how many times we have to debate it but we just don't have good enough players. It's as simple as that.

Blame Rooney all you want but he's got nothing to work with. We're a mish mash of players who are past it, kids and free agents nobody else wants. The man to blame is Mel Morris. Until he is out of this club, nothing will change. 

Rooney has tried to change the playing style but they're incapable of doing it. He plays defensive football and people still complain. He can't win.

The only hope this season is that our better players step up to a level that can carry the rest of the shambles. Our other hope is that Rooney can bring some good loan players in. But that's also impossible due to the embargo.

The owner of the club is to blame, he is the reason why we are here. 

At least this season it’s back to 3 subs ( still too many) so pick your best team please in our games from the beginning 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why did he not try to improve the playing style during his 40 odd games in charge last season? If he had we'd probably be in a better position now. He basically just wasted the best part of a season.

Everything he does seems to hint to the fact he doesn't actually know what he's doing. 

Just now, San Fran Van Rams said:

Can we calm down a little? This is an early preseason game where we need to both try out trialists as we can only sign four and attempt to change our woeful playing style from last season. Rooney said after ManU that this game was going to be how we deal with more possession with a different style from the season before. Bird said in an interview it's a change up. Can someone who watched the game give me some idea of what this lookes like today without just shouting we lost 2-1 to a league two side?

Nothing when we got near their penalty box. Their players looked  stronger and faster and had more self belief. We struggled when they closed down our defenders when passing out from the back. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Didn't he swap most of the team at half time? How much earlier would you have liked ?

Mainly thinking of sibley the one who could and did make a difference and ebosele who also had an impact to a lesser extent 

52 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The common denominator of course is the management..you can change the players but if the new ones are still being coached in the same fashion as before,what do we expect?

We wernt much cop for the entirety of last season bar bieliks all too brief return … u could even run in back to large chunks of the season before tbh 

we’ve lacked tempo and intensity from before Rooney 

All I would say is I did mention how difficult league 1/2 is when discussing how difficult it can be for young players to drop into it on loan from Prem or Champ sides…..

In all it was a good pre season challenge. Physically demanding in terms of energy and combativeness. Not the result a fan would want but a game a manager probably appreciates as needed or useful. 

I wouldn’t read too much into it it worry too much about it.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

Not sure I like the look of Tom Carroll.

Has gone down twice for absolutely nothing (anyone have a better view of the time he went down clutching his face?) And this isn't how I want Derby to be seen.

I'm entirely sure I like the look of Tom Carroll - I don't care if he drops like the Wardrobe. I also didn't hear any comments about this either and I did see the bit where he was on the floor.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

There is another hope...... a new manager.

I don't think anyone could get much more out of this lot I really don't. We're just a mess. The problems at the football club go beyond the manager. His hands are tied.