v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

David

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If you’re doubting his attitude over the course of a season then maybe but talent wise, he’s head and shoulders above this lot.

He’s Picasso the others are painting by numbers. So predictable, slow and safe. Limited footballers, no ambition.

If we can sign four, then for me it’s Wisdom (or Mengi if that reopens), Jagielka, Morrison and Carroll.

Stearman looks like a Div 2 centre half, ponderous in possession and slow on the turn.

Baldock is no forward. Aluko past it.

No room for Jagielk and Davies and whilst I love him, Curtis’s injuries rule him out for me. Would love him to stay in some capacity, though.

Let Hutchinson and Forsyth out on loan, sell Lawrence and Buchanan and bring in at least one forward who can run and get in the box.

So who's the left back??

The Morrison situation just reminds me of Ozil's later years at Arsenal, huge talent but just a massive luxury player who will go missing. 

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Nothing when we got near their penalty box. Their players looked  stronger and faster and had more self belief. We struggled when they closed down our defenders when passing out from the back. 

We haven’t got a goal scoring centre forward - somehow find one and things would look a lot more optimistic 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well to me I know I did not go today but we all knew trying make things happen we lost Marriott because of efl and waghorn too I have no doubts he wants to sign better standard of player right now his hands are tied right now.

We didn’t lose Marriott because of the EFL. We didn’t apparently pay Peterborough what they were owed in a timely manner.

We didn’t lose Waghorn because of the EFL. He wanted to leave for more money than we were prepared, or able, to offer him.

I agree Rooney’s hands are tied right now. Perhaps we should pay up our creditors and submit some valid accounts. Perhaps then we might not be embargoed.

8 minutes ago, sage said:

So too many chances missed AND no real end to possession.. 

I guess what I meant was the possession never really gave us control of the game didn’t think we stretched Salford enough or moved them around much 

the chances conversion rate i think you posted something similar

40 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Don't want to jinx it, but Sibbo has looked our best player all game in the 5 minutes he's been on the pitch

He looked okay, but the best player would have been one from the first half. Could even have been Bird. But probably Morrison.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We didn’t lose Marriott because of the EFL. We didn’t apparently pay Peterborough what they were owed in a timely manner.

We didn’t lose Waghorn because of the EFL. He wanted to leave for more money than we were prepared, or able, to offer him.

I agree Rooney’s hands are tied right now. Perhaps we should pay up our creditors and submit some valid accounts. Perhaps then we might not be embargoed.

Derby tried extend his contract oh no efl blocked it you telling me they are not doing this on purpose because they are.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't think anyone could get much more out of this lot I really don't. We're just a mess. The problems at the football club go beyond the manager. His hands are tied. 

Agree the club is a mess. But considering Rooney's record and playing style(or lack of) I'm very confident any other manager would be able to get more out of the squad. 

Pre-Season is about fitness and as a team and as an individual putting in consistent and improving performances leading up to the start of the season. Losing games doesn’t matter now but losing in a way which is bitter to swallow is worrying.

Man U I could accept, we played well for 65 mins and there quality won them the game. However, today seems like another huff and puff Derby County performance. I’d sign anyone who can last 90 mins and add some spark to this side.

id sell Bird right now if we need room for others and a bit of cash in the bank.

Rooney has to learn and quickly. 1 win in 15 didn’t keep us up, Rotherham being so crap did. He needs to show in the first 6 games that he is capable of taking this side forward long term.

All comes down to off the pitch though. I know some still adore Mel but I for one am sick of him. Mistake after mistake, issue after issue and look where we are. As a club and as a fan base we’re so stretched thin. It’s been a hard 18 months but being a Derby fan during that time has aged me badly. Hopefully some players come in, the takeover is sorted and we can all sing as one in a packed out PP for the opener v Hfield. 

11 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Can we calm down a little? This is an early preseason game where we need to both try out trialists as we can only sign four and attempt to change our woeful playing style from last season. Rooney said after ManU that this game was going to be how we deal with more possession with a different style from the season before. Bird said in an interview it's a change up. Can someone who watched the game give me some idea of what this lookes like today without just shouting we lost 2-1 to a league two side?

We looked a largely carbon copy of last seasons side 

Decent tidy Possession in comfortable Areas of the pitch where the opposition allowed us to have or didn’t press so intensely.

tried to do the right things higher up but ultimately had no one with the ability to make a difference in tight areas or where it mattered 

then concede two very avoidable goals albeit one was a cracking header but the build up to it was typically clsssic soft Derby 

with little over two weeks away and zero clarity on anything off the pitch I am v concerned with how this season is shaping up 

Am hoping .. praying things get sorted imminently 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Because Cocu didn't like to play that way.

Some of the players played with a lot of intensity under Lampard though so they are capable.  

I literally deleted exactly that 

don’t get me wrong lampards side had its faults and his terrible permanent signings have helped get us into the mess we’re in but his played at times with fantastic transition and intensity 

4 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Pre-Season is about fitness and as a team and as an individual putting in consistent and improving performances leading up to the start of the season. Losing games doesn’t matter now but losing in a way which is bitter to swallow is worrying.

Man U I could accept, we played well for 65 mins and there quality won them the game. However, today seems like another huff and puff Derby County performance. I’d sign anyone who can last 90 mins and add some spark to this side.

id sell Bird right now if we need room for others and a bit of cash in the bank.

Rooney has to learn and quickly. 1 win in 15 didn’t keep us up, Rotherham being so crap did. He needs to show in the first 6 games that he is capable of taking this side forward long term.

All comes down to off the pitch though. I know some still adore Mel but I for one am sick of him. Mistake after mistake, issue after issue and look where we are. As a club and as a fan base we’re so stretched thin. It’s been a hard 18 months but being a Derby fan during that time has aged me badly. Hopefully some players come in, the takeover is sorted and we can all sing as one in a packed out PP for the opener v Hfield. 

Couldn’t agree more 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Are they not being coached and selected by Wayne?

Isn't it his job to sort this out or why do we bother with a gaffer in the first place?

Well unless he decides to play up front?

They looked fairly decent going forward at times both halves, first half particularly. But that doesn't fit your agenda.

If Aluko and Baldock could hit a cows arse with a banjo we should have had three easy goals.