Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Nah, same as Jaffa Cakes & Wagon Wheels, all shrunk in size, it’s the thin end of the wedge I tell you. 

The older you get the smaller things get … trust me!!! ?

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

The older you get the smaller things get … trust me!!! ?

I’ll resist the temptation to lower the tone and resort to smut (I really like the word smut, don’t know why, I just do) I kind of agree with where you are coming from but I still believe it’s a fact all three of the products I mentioned have reduced in size since their inception.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ll resist the temptation to lower the tone and resort to smut (I really like the word smut, don’t know why, I just do) I kind of agree with where you are coming from but I still believe it’s a fact all three of the products I mentioned have reduced in size since their inception.

Yeah but smut is funnier! ?

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

TBF I think I was already the guilty party on that one!! Fair play to you for trying to bring things back from the edge ?

On 14/07/2021 at 08:07, Tamworthram said:

Anyone else notice that it was Curtis who lightened the mood and put his arm around Tom’s neck in a playful (and supportive) way? What a man.

Was interested to read this. Yes maybe we will have a group of leaders who will take us forward. Stranger things have happened (to us in the last 12 months)

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

If Captain Tom does well then he may be promoted to Major Tom. Just saying. We need to soldier on and see where it takes us.

The General opinion seems to be that he needs grabbing by the Privates and give some Corporal punishment rather than being made Captain.  

On 14/07/2021 at 16:06, mwram1973 said:

It's the one where he's telling the players that tom will be Captain. Apparently he should have been running around the pitch shouting and getting the players motivated.

I would be happy if he could string a sentence together. 

On 15/07/2021 at 22:42, MickD said:

The General opinion seems to be that he needs grabbing by the Privates and give some Corporal punishment rather than being made Captain.  

Rank humour, MickG. Barrack these players if you wish but we will increase the number of squaddies as we sign more players and put them on parade at Pride Park. Wayne's barmy army.

Football has changed drastically over a very short period, the money involved and the clamour for ownership of certain clubs for financial gain is overwhelming.

I get decisions taken by non football people but I don’t get decisions by those who know nothing else. We could say well they have loved this surely they know best. But we could also back that up with a life of football will leave you with no other grasp on reality, let’s face it “ all of ours reality “.

So this decision to appoint Lawrence is beyond me, Rooney you have got this wrong. He’s never displayed leadership on the field, sulky, head down, at times disinterested in tracking back or even getting forward on some occasions. 

The drink drive incident is still fresh in everyone’s memories, so I see no positives in this announcement. I actually think it’s a smack in the faces for fans, no respect for us in a way, I accept some may argue that’s nonsense.

With what the club has gone through, the whole Country as well but particularly with our failed takeovers and lack of information from the club I see no real care or respect for us the supporters from within.

Todays game is £10 to watch on RamsTV, now I e been giving the club my money each month right through the pandemic, still not had a penny back and they ask me to pay to watch it. A lovely chance to show their appreciation……lost.

Still no takeover, i accept they are being quiet due to past failings but please don’t forget us, you can sell walk away but we can’t do that. 

Don’t forget the fans, this club is going to need us more than ever in what is going to be a potentially worse season than last unless drastic investment arises.

Personally and the point of this post, we need a Graham Shinnie as Captain on the pitch and maybe even a Shinnie type ownership…..a safe pair of hands that you can trust, not a troubled young man with potential that he consistently fails to show. 

"I think for Tom it is a big season for him, he has to step up, he knows that." Rooney told DerbyshireLive.

"When he was injured last season I put a lot of demand on him to get back fit. What people didn't see and don't see is how he was and is in the dressing room. He was leading the players even when he was injured. He came back with high demands of himself and his team mates, and giving him that added responsibility is a challenge for him, and he has to take up that challenge..."

55 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Football has changed drastically over a very short period, the money involved and the clamour for ownership of certain clubs for financial gain is overwhelming.

I get decisions taken by non football people but I don’t get decisions by those who know nothing else. We could say well they have loved this surely they know best. But we could also back that up with a life of football will leave you with no other grasp on reality, let’s face it “ all of ours reality “.

So this decision to appoint Lawrence is beyond me, Rooney you have got this wrong. He’s never displayed leadership on the field, sulky, head down, at times disinterested in tracking back or even getting forward on some occasions. 

The drink drive incident is still fresh in everyone’s memories, so I see no positives in this announcement. I actually think it’s a smack in the faces for fans, no respect for us in a way, I accept some may argue that’s nonsense.

With what the club has gone through, the whole Country as well but particularly with our failed takeovers and lack of information from the club I see no real care or respect for us the supporters from within.

Todays game is £10 to watch on RamsTV, now I e been giving the club my money each month right through the pandemic, still not had a penny back and they ask me to pay to watch it. A lovely chance to show their appreciation……lost.

Still no takeover, i accept they are being quiet due to past failings but please don’t forget us, you can sell walk away but we can’t do that. 

Don’t forget the fans, this club is going to need us more than ever in what is going to be a potentially worse season than last unless drastic investment arises.

Personally and the point of this post, we need a Graham Shinnie as Captain on the pitch and maybe even a Shinnie type ownership…..a safe pair of hands that you can trust, not a troubled young man with potential that he consistently fails to show. 

Crikey, someone got out of bed the wrong side today.

My view is:

I agree it was an odd decision but, let's judge his leadership abilities once he's had the the chance to prove them. I'm not convinced be will but, I'll give him the chance. As for being a smack in the face of fans, well that's just bizarre. It is really that important to you that you feel so offended?

With regard the drink driving incident, obviously none of us have forgotten it but we have to move on. It can't be a millstone around his neck for ever.

Are you really still outstanding a refund from the club? If so, fair enough you should have received it by now.

Regarding today's game, I get the impression that you think you should be allowed to watch it for free. This has been discussed at length on the appropriate thread (I don't know why you've brought it up on this one). Whilst the prices to attend are a bit steep, I really don't have a problem with the club charging to attend or view online. Take it or leave it. 

I'm not exactly sure what a Shinnie type owner is or where we'd find one. We can only consider offers from those making them