EFL Verdict

DCFC90

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had to have a look. He's quite upset.  He also seems to think Derby have missed HMRC payments.  Not sure how he would know that, actually he wouldn't.  Reckons he's coming to Pride Park next season with his mates.  Could you imagine 3 hours in a car with him and his home made banner about amortisation.  Leave him to it.  Blokes the very height of sadness.

In fairness to the plonker that is contained in the DC's words re HMRC - no date, reason or amount attached though.

My bet, fwiw, is that we didn’t pay HMRC paye when we missed the wages that month we thought the sheikh was stumping up. Might be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Is that reliably estimating values though?

The argument is that if you plan on developing a player and selling him on, the longer he spends at your club, the less likely you are to do that (I.e. he’s stagnating), plus the looming Bosman free transfer hits his value. So you figure out what percentages you think model that best, and then apply them in the same way to every player you want to develop.  That way, you’re sidestepping the argument that you’re just picking values to make sure you fit FFP.  Plus there’s no estimation for individual players, as they’re all on the same model.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The argument is that if you plan on developing a player and selling him on, the longer he spends at your club, the less likely you are to do that (I.e. he’s stagnating), plus the looming Bosman free transfer hits his value. So you figure out what percentages you think model that best, and then apply them in the same way to every player you want to develop.  That way, you’re sidestepping the argument that you’re just picking values to make sure you fit FFP.  Plus there’s no estimation for individual players, as they’re all on the same model.

You've posted good information previously about market values and definitions of active markets. 

One element was there being willing buyers and sellers at all times, which arguably is frustrated by the fact that the transfer market only operates in discrete windows. 

Do you think we can come up with a method that can be argued to meet all those definitions? 

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I agree that there has to be a 'formula' of some sort but doesn't that just make it systematic?

3 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

First song of our first game on tele.

’Can you hear the EFL sing?’

’NOOOOO NOOOOO’ 

and so on...

Or stand up if hate efl

Derby on fire efl teffied song cant remember rest of it.

The section within the IDC report regards our embargos wasnt the best read. Shows that it isnt just because of us not submitting our accounts but also due to not paying wages (which we knew about) but also not paying other clubs transfer installments & money owed to the HMRC which is where the story a while back clearly came from.

Hopefully any potential owners in talks with us is fully aware of all of this and also aware of potential revised accounts so if they're still around it means they're willing to take this on and pay those bills

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had to have a look. He's quite upset.  He also seems to think Derby have missed HMRC payments.  Not sure how he would know that, actually he wouldn't.  Reckons he's coming to Pride Park next season with his mates.  Could you imagine 3 hours in a car with him and his home made banner about amortisation.  Leave him to it.  Blokes the very height of sadness.

Screenshot_20210702-211942_Twitter.thumb.jpg.72d6b5176eb5b76d66aeb079b113a9fb.jpg

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You've posted good information previously about market values and definitions of active markets. 

One element was there being willing buyers and sellers at all times, which arguably is frustrated by the fact that the transfer market only operates in discrete windows. 

Do you think we can come up with a method that can be argued to meet all those definitions? 

Active markets are basically irrelevant to this discussion, football players will never be an active market for a whole load of reasons.  The basic idea is, there has to be lots of similar transactions so you can easily make like-for-like comparisons to value things. Similar club A sold Similar player B to similar club C, so our player D is worth the same.  Transfer windows don’t really matter, because if there were enough deals done within them, you could still make comparisons.  But every club and every player is different, so it’s impossible to compare.  We sold a Bogle to Sheff Utd for £Xm, but unless another club are selling a 20 year old English attacking RB with 2 years left on his contract from a mid level champ club to a newly promoted premier club, you can’t compare.  You might at best get one or two vaguely similar deals in a year.  Contrast that with say houses, where in a given city there will be loads of similar houses sold on similar streets in a given year, so an estate agent can give a reasonable value.

I suspect we’ll always struggle to get approval for a system that involves us assigning individual values to players, which is why I was suggesting a fixed amortisation model for every development player.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I agree that there has to be a 'formula' of some sort but doesn't that just make it systematic?

I think the key thing will be taking out the assigning of individual values to players.  Justifying a fixed (nonlinear) amortisation schedule based on historical sales is going to be much easier than justifying 20 individual prices every 6 months based on transfermarkt, agent conversations and asking your mates down the pub.