EFL Verdict

DCFC90

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

We are in the Championship for another season. Woohoo. Is it too late for EFL to dock us points for this coming season. Is the transfer embargo now lifted. The saga continues.

No, no and yes

Just now, Barney1991 said:

We have found 30 million more profit on stadium by the looks of it so will be under ffp for all submissions 

I think "found" is a bit of an unfortunate word.

I think in terms of FFP we only included some of the £80m Pride Park sale - but as a result of the hearings/decisions it's been clarified we can include more of that. Which seeing as we need to restate P&S, we can do. Presumably much to the annoyance of a certain member of Bristol Rovers superfan forum, Mp Pop of OTIB.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is the overall consensus with the resubmission of the accounts? Will we be ok or not? Or is this a silly question ?

I don't think it's a silly question, after all it's been asked at least twice on every page of this (and most other) thread so must be relevant.

Sorry @Jimbo Ram , just joshing. Even though the general opinion is that we will be ok, until the actual results are declared then we can't be certain.

30 minutes ago, David said:

The tantrum does line up pretty well with Mr Poppadom 

And uses the same insults as well. 

See his account lasted long though ?

Edited by rynny

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

And uses the same insults as well. 

See his account lasted long though ?

Well yeah, saw it came in late last night, from Bristol and thought nah, nobody talks to you over there for a reason, not coming on here with your bottom lip out.

5 minutes later that Twitter account was born, trying to flirt with me.

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's not something I can even guess at

Its sonething like this...

In 07/08 the stadium was revalued from a historical cost of £20odd million to a replacement cost valuation of £55m and a revaluation reserve created (under the old accounting rules, pre FRS102).

Over the years to 2017/18 the £55m was depreciated down to c£40m and then of course sold for c£80m. The accounting profit of £40m being included in our P&S submission (and of course is now accepted as being 100% valid).

The remaining revaluation reserve of c£30m transferred to the P&L reserve as the stadium had now been sold and the profit realised.

I believe it is suggested that the issue bought up during the various hearings is that rather than including a profit c£40m in our P&S submission, should our revised P&S submission actually include a stadium profit of c£70m, being the c£40m profit plus the c£30m unused revaluation reserve realised on the sale.

IE. Should profit on sale of stadium actually be:

1) Sale price less historical cost

Or

2) Sale price less net book value

Probably #1 but our original submission has used #2.