EFL Verdict

DCFC90

41 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Ignoring 'poppa pumps his own because nobody else will', I had to laugh at this one

Screenshot_2021-07-03-00-19-48-393_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.502bff3b5ec54d9724b5a7cb85a70de5.png

Literally the opposite of what happened. There was no exam until someone outside of the process called foul, besides even if there were any questions they were written in invisible ink.

We wrote down some answers, they poured some lemon juice on the invisible ink and then decreed that our answers were wrong and tried to punish us for writing whatever it was we wrote, and demanded that we state in great depth why we answered the questions (which we couldn't predict) in the way that we chose to. They weren't asked to explain in anywhere near the same detail  why they wrote the rules in invisible ink in the first place.

One set of adjudicators decided that we had no real case to answer and that if rules were supposed to be followed, they should have been written down.

The examination board reviewed it and claimed that we should have been able to assume the correct answers based on the subject of the quiz,

On a second hearing the first set of adjudicators better explained their position, so the examination board weren't called into action.

Whoever wrote that is a right numpty.

False equivalence writ large!

I just went back in time and wanted to see how our spending stood up against other teams in the league. Surprisingly, in three of our last four posted accounts, the wage bill of Derby County was HALF of the team spending the most in the league. We have only ever been in the top 6 spending clubs in the division once - 15/16. 

Not bad for a club RUINING football with their reckless overspending, eh?

2014-15: Wage Bill - £21.8m - 33.5% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship
2015-16: Wage Bill - £32m - 78.04% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship (most competitive year, 5th highest in the league). 
2016-17: Wage Bill - £34.6m - 30.83% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship
2017-18: Wage Bill - £40.5m - 42.63% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I just went back in time and wanted to see how our spending stood up against other teams in the league. Surprisingly, in three of our last four posted accounts, the wage bill of Derby County was HALF of the team spending the most in the league. We have only ever been in the top 6 spending clubs in the division once - 15/16. 

Not bad for a club RUINING football with their reckless overspending, eh?

2014-15: Wage Bill - £21.8m - 33.5% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship
2015-16: Wage Bill - £32m - 78.04% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship (most competitive year, 5th highest in the league). 
2016-17: Wage Bill - £34.6m - 30.83% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship
2017-18: Wage Bill - £40.5m - 42.63% of the wage bill of the highest spending team in the Championship

But were the highest spending clubs you are using a comparative measure against in receipt of parachute payments?

And are any of those same clubs now still in the Championship? Or were promoted to the Premiership after this time and may have subsequently been relegated again?

In 2014 I watched an exciting team, with a wage bill of £14.5m lose to QPR in the playoff final. They had a wage bill of £75million.

Next year it was Hull in the play-offs, with their parachute payments from the previous year, wage bill 30m.

Then a year off before having another go, losing to Fulham in 2018, wage bill £54m.

And then 2019 a loss to Villa, wage bill £65m.

There we have it; 2 playoffs semis, two finals, four loses, twice to teams that didn’t just break FFP but stamped on it, took it outside shot it from a cannon and then reversed over it with a steam roller.

13 minutes ago, Truckle said:

In 2014 I watched an exciting team, with a wage bill of £14.5m lose to QPR in the playoff final. They had a wage bill of £75million.

Next year it was Hull in the play-offs, with their parachute payments from the previous year, wage bill 30m.

Then a year off before having another go, losing to Fulham in 2018, wage bill £54m.

And then 2019 a loss to Villa, wage bill £65m.

There we have it; 2 playoffs semis, two finals, four loses, twice to teams that didn’t just break FFP but stamped on it, took it outside shot it from a cannon and then reversed over it with a steam roller.

I don't see you point are you saying that if we had spent as much as the teams you mention then we would have been promoted?

Can I just throw out there Johnson, Anya, Butterfield, Blackman, Waghorn.....

40 minutes ago, Truckle said:

The point was to address the narrative that has built up that we have somehow had this huge unfair advantage when more often than not we have been victims of others cheating or gaming the system.

I also don't buy the narrative of being victims either.

We have had an advantage over most of the other teams in the division but have contrived to pish that advantage up the wall. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I also don't buy the narrative of being victims either.

We have had an advantage over most of the other teams in the division but have contrived to pish that advantage up the wall. 

We've been victims of a vindictive crusade by the EFL, their statement last night underlines this fact.

REGRETTABLY they can't relegate us.

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

A revision in the case allowed us to add something we previously hadn’t? An extra £30m?! There’s going to be some serious piss boiling when this hits the headlines again.

0979D4E3-FD1B-4458-B05F-33DEC5D1B59D.png

I wish I could pluck a £30m out of nowhere. 
If true I would love to see Gibsons face.

Pride Park must now be the most expensive football ground in the world.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We've been victims of a vindictive crusade by the EFL, their statement last night underlines this fact.

REGRETTABLY they can't relegate us.

Until last night, I wasn't so sure but that statement, blimey. They are supposed to be administrators that follow a set of rules not ones who should 'remain disappointed' or that they 'do not agree that those sanctions are commensurate to the breaches found'. Your rules FFS.

The paragraph below though is the cherry on the icing on the cake, talk about sharpening their knives, it simply did not need to be said. It's bitter and vindictive.

'Once these have been submitted, the EFL will then be required to consider the submissions in reference to the P&S rules and in particular re-assess whether the Club has complied with the requirement to limit losses in accordance with those rules'

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

A revision in the case allowed us to add something we previously hadn’t? An extra £30m?! There’s going to be some serious piss boiling when this hits the headlines again.

0979D4E3-FD1B-4458-B05F-33DEC5D1B59D.png

@Ghost of Cloughwhat do you think the extra £30m is?

Original revlaution carried out which was before FFP?