EFL Verdict

DCFC90

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

BBC Sport's Simon Stone

The EFL is deeply disappointed at how this has ended.

The feeling is the written reasons left them no realistic prospect of success with any appeal and therefore to proceed would have been counter-productive.

They do feel they have won an argument over the amortisation of players and will now press for a rule change to prevent any other club following the path Derby created.

As per the previous judgement, Derby now have to resubmit accounts by 18 August. The EFL will then assess them to see whether they meet their profit and sustainability rules.

However, any decision on that and subsequent case will have no effect on the start of the 2021-22 season. Derby will play in the Championship and Wycombe in League One.

Their statement is pathetic. If your own lawyers are telling you there’s no grounds for appeal (as DCFC had said in their own statement a week ago), then carrying on talking as if we’d done something worth a points deduction is deeply unprofessional. 

Prattling on about rule changes due to something we’d done is also unprofessional. They drafted the original rules, and could easily have said straight line amortisation is the only permitted method. The fact that they didn’t is their own oversight. 

Petulant, idiotic organisation. 

2 minutes ago, TaahnRam said:

Aside from the obvious relief at this decision as we know our resubmission of accounts is now key. Having scanned the written document released by the DC though its clear that we come out of this pretty poorly as to our conduct throughout. 

How so? Care to qualify that statement?

As a consequence of the EFL’s decision not to appeal, the divisional placings for season 2021/22 are to remain in accordance with the fixture list issued on 24 June 2021.

Did I imagine there were 2 fixture lists ? Surely the EFL statement should say List A or List B, or was it just part of the punishment beating strategy. What a lovely bunch they are.

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

"Regrettably"?! The EFL really are a bunch of dodgy, vindictive Bamford's aren't they?

Fingers crossed this finally means the embargo can be lifted and we can bring in some players. I imagine we've already lost out on some targets who weren't prepared to wait.

What great news, so if it was up to them they would appeal but their lawyers advised it was a waste of time.  Great get out for them, they can say that they tried to the rest of the league now.

A new take on an old song for the new season?

Hello, Hello, how do you do

we are Derby, who are you

we love to sing we love to fight

we hate the boys in red and white

we’ll sing a song of victory

we’ll sing a song in harmony

with Gibsons sneer and Parry’s scoff

the EFL CAN duck RIGHT OFF

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Their statement is pathetic. If your own lawyers are telling you there’s no grounds for appeal (as DCFC had said in their own statement a week ago), then carrying on talking as if we’d done something worth a points deduction is deeply unprofessional. 

Prattling on about rule changes due to something we’d done is also unprofessional. They drafted the original rules, and could easily have said straight line amortisation is the only permitted method. The fact that they didn’t is their own oversight. 

Petulant, idiotic organisation. 

I fear the damage is done though

Ok so we are staying in the Championship, we have to resubmit our accounts, so does that mean that the transfer embargo will now be lifted? 

to keep in place before the accounts are submitted and scrutinised by the EFL would be unfair and making a presumption that we are in breach.

22 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I suspect this is because if they got points deduction it wouldn’t be last season and I suspect they believe they have a stronger chance of a larger points deduction if the fail the FFP

Actually the decision said if they had decided we had got a competitive advantage the points deduction would have been to the 2020/21 season. Regardless if it relegated us or not.

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Ok so we are staying in the Championship, we have to resubmit our accounts, so does that mean that the transfer embargo will now be lifted? 

to keep in place before the accounts are submitted and scrutinised by the EFL would be unfair and making a presumption that we are in breach.

Well every club has To provide summaries by 1 March failure to do so results in an embargo and I don’t think audited accounts have been produce so that I think we can assume the embargo will not be lifted until those matters are resolved sorry to say

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

A new take on an old song for the new season?

Hello, Hello, how do you do

we are Derby, who are you

we love to sing we love to fight

we hate the boys in red and white

we’ll sing a song of victory

we’ll sing a song in harmony

with Gibsons sneer and Parry’s scoff

the EFL CAN duck RIGHT OFF

I’m loving that @uttoxram75 ?????????

Just now, ck- said:

There’s a fascinating footnote on page 28

BF975082-DD15-4EE2-9B90-537F3AAF8FA1.thumb.jpeg.4238a0658c2d095fc69cc183ff095f72.jpeg

I can’t cut/paste the text on my phone. 

But basically it says “We think the approach is FRS102 compliant” 

Mischievously, I thought that as we’ve been ordered to re-submit using an FRS compliant approach, wouldn’t it be glorious to resubmit as is, with support from accountancy governing body that the accounts are fully compliant and before doing so ask EFL to identify explicitly which of their rules does not permit that approach.

Then graciously agree to use their rules from now on, as a gesture of goodwill

Thanks quite a different spin but whilst we remain in embargo we are the losers.  Guessing that may indicate not straight line compliant?

Just now, Spanish said:

Thanks quite a different spin but whilst we remain in embargo we are the losers.  Guessing that may indicate not straight line compliant?

Yeah, and in my excitement I misread it and thought it said "The DC ..." rather than "The club..."
Changes things somewhat, so I deleted.

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Given that the EFL are in charge of the rules, who are they pressing for a change from? 

I suspect that the source of the deep disappointment is the shredding of their reputation as a competent regulator.... 

I think that reputation was lost a long time ago

24 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Strange that , it's happened in Middlesbrough too !! ........Global warming ?

And in Wycombe also..........................and they're not even on the coast, so it can't be rising sea levels.