EFL Verdict

DCFC90

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Anyone else getting a bit of passive-aggressive DC-on-LAP action from this paragraph:

image.png.40dda8e93d11e4c95cd179e157d358db.png

Just missing some sarcastic air-quotes around "the LAP has found".

Absolutely.

If I was on the DC (especially if I was the accountant) I’d be furious with how the LAP have basically said you’ve not done your job properly so do it again.

It’s a good job it wasn’t the LAP making the call on punishment as it could have been a totally different ending. 

15 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Anyone else getting a bit of passive-aggressive DC-on-LAP action from this paragraph:

That para is pretty hilarious. Basically a chartered accountant with much relvant experience and another accountant sitting on the panel did not think this was wrong, but the LAP, who were not accountants, did.

34 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's a classic paragraph exposing the whole accounting argument for what it was....a load of theoretical willy-waving. 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

There’s also a section in there stating that we have 2 possible amortisation models under consideration, a straight line one, and a non-straight one that we believe is FRS102 compliant. So expect everything to kick off again if we go with option 2 for the restated accounts…

I had a feeling we'd be exploring a nonlinear option. It'll be interesting to see how they're 'reliably' estimating values.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I had a feeling we'd be exploring a nonlinear option. It'll be interesting to see how they're 'reliably' estimating values.

It's going to be a whole world of fun when we hand in P&S still not based on the same methodology as every other club.....i think certain circuits are going to be fried in certain boardrooms. It would come across as "taking the michael"

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I half wonder if they’re going to do something like divide players up into whether they have potential resale value or not, and then do straight line for no resale value, and just backload the amortisation for the others (so do maybe 10% 20% 30% 40% per year over a 4 year contract). You don’t have to estimate anything then.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Screw the takeover, screw the embargo - as Sum 41 said, we're in too deep.

Appeal the fine, sue the EFL for the time spent under embargo and being put at a competitive disadvantage, sue Gibson, sue the Wycombe chairman and play the youth players. 

Not really, accept and move on might be the best for the future if the club. Would love us to go after them, though. 

I would now if I was mel for damages and slander towards the club.

Not read the entire thread or reaction to this evening’s news, so this has probably already been said, but the EFL do come out of this - from their statement - as looking particularly graceless, petty and ever so slightly childish.

Don’t suppose we’re going to get away scot free as the resubmission of the accounts will probably open a new can of worms, but at least we know what division we’ll be in, which is a tiny bit of light in otherwise pitch dark days.

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Flood Alert

A flood alert has been issued for the Bristol Area due to Mr Ploppy pants not having a big enough bucket to catch all his tears. 

Had to have a look. He's quite upset.  He also seems to think Derby have missed HMRC payments.  Not sure how he would know that, actually he wouldn't.  Reckons he's coming to Pride Park next season with his mates.  Could you imagine 3 hours in a car with him and his home made banner about amortisation.  Leave him to it.  Blokes the very height of sadness.

18 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I half wonder if they’re going to do something like divide players up into whether they have potential resale value or not, and then do straight line for no resale value, and just backload the amortisation for the others (so do maybe 10% 20% 30% 40% per year over a 4 year contract). You don’t have to estimate anything then.

Is that reliably estimating values though?

We nownhave the benefit of hindsight, knowing what our budgets for each season are. I'm sure we'll do everything we can to be as close to the limits as possible in each season, to increase our budget as much as possible for the current and future seasons ?