EFL Verdict

DCFC90

Just had a quick scan of the decision. 

2 things I picked up in the early pages:-

1 - The EFL dont want us to be the ones preparing the revised submissions, guess they will just get one of their non accounting experts to do them

2 - The EFL urged the DC to give us a retrospective points deduction 

They really are a disgrace

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That sad act on the Bristol City forum is going to love this ?

He's having an absolute melt down. Small things like that put a little schadenfreude related smile on my face.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I also don't buy the narrative of being victims either.

We have had an advantage over most of the other teams in the division but have contrived to pish that advantage up the wall. 

Unless that advantage was being one of the top 3 spenders on wages in each of the seasons being looked at we haven’t pished it anywhere.

We’ve ran an (unsustainable) wage bill that has probably ranged from top 4 to top 10 in the division and have more often than not been a top 6 team in that time period. Few unlucky defeats in play off games to teams that have spent more than us / have gamed the system to a greater extent than we have (delete as appropriate) has meant we haven’t gone up, so be it. When football comes down to one off games it can at times be luck based and that’s why we all love it. We’ve now tightened that wage bill, understandably, but I get the feeling that won’t or indeed hasn’t stopped you moaning that we will be less competitive in the league now.

Don’t think we are “victims” as such but it is curious that just winning one of those set of play offs would see our strategy highlighted as a great success story and have fans of other clubs saying “wow look how well Derby are run” like you see from some on here re. Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Bournemouth and so on.

Unfortunately by not going up due to these fine margins we have found ourselves in the cross hairs of the EFL who’s rules are so clear that they are now seeking to change or clarify the rules that supposedly found us guilty. We are not victims of other teams cheating, in my opinion, but we have been victim of the EFL going on a crusade after the football club and creating a narrative that we are the villains of football with their vindictive, unclear statements and obvious leaks to the press.

Yesterday’s news should have been celebrated across football, that no precedent was set to retrospectively relegate a team for off field matters that were signed off for three years by an organisation that didn’t understand their own rules. I get the feeling it wasn’t though, because a narrative has been created that if you push spending limits and do not get promoted, you are worse than those who push limits and do.

35 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I wish I could pluck a £30m out of nowhere. 
If true I would love to see Gibsons face.

Pride Park must now be the most expensive football ground in the world.

Not even close. Spurs' was £1b. Wembley was £1.1b.

There's also an NFL stadium built at a cost of £4b!

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1 - The EFL dont want us to be the ones preparing the revised submissions, guess they will just get one of their non accounting experts to do them

1 - the LAP told them to take a jump, we're preparing our accounts. But yeah ducking outrageous that the EFL wanted themselves to prepare them!

2 - the LAP said it was within it's rights to do so. But didn't as we didn't deserve it. Yet still the EFL are biased against us.

They really are disgraceful.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The EFL wanted to be able to restate our accounts themselves, but the DC decided we were best placed to do it, so it's entirely down to us to do them.  Quite a few of the EFL's more outlandish demands were struck down by the DC.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is the overall consensus with the resubmission of the accounts? Will we be ok or not? Or is this a silly question ?

It is very close to the limit under a straight line method (DC report hints at being over).

We have/are prepared/preparing an alternative non-linear amortisation method which will mean we will be within the limits.

If we can include even a little bit of the £30m amount, we will be fine either way.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It is very close to the limit under a straight line method (DC report hints at being over).

We have/are prepared/preparing an alternative non-linear amortisation method which will mean we will be within the limits.

If we can include even a little bit of the £30m amount, we will be fine either way.

So is worst case scenario a small points deduction, 3 points or so? Never ending story….feel an 80s classic song coming on ?

21 hours ago, Rampage said:

The delay appears to be like a punishment in its own right if we cannot progress with transfers. This could maybe even go on until the window closes at this rate of progress.

We are in the Championship for another season. Woohoo. Is it too late for EFL to dock us points for this coming season. Is the transfer embargo now lifted. The saga continues.