EFL Verdict

DCFC90

5 minutes ago, David said:

Been taking some time off, but got sent a text by a mate to a topic where Mr Poppadom having a right old tantrum over on OTIB.

I mean he’s talking mostly to himself, which is kinda understandable. 

There is a man that hasn’t been touched by a woman in a very long time. Can we setup some kind of gofundme and help the guy out? 

Actually feeling genuinely sorry for the him. 

Nah he's sorted.  Out for the night with his FFP mates and the girls and not upset at all apparently.

image.png.f8ef2101f1edda88be81721ac183941c.png

Just seen the news and whilst I have had a few sherbets I consider the EFL decision to be the only sensible one available I also consider their statement to be utterly disgraceful and I would like to remind them that one of their members Derby county deserve their care and protection which they are not interested in giving which highlights their complete and utter shambolic dereliction of duty 

17 minutes ago, David said:

Been taking some time off, but got sent a text by a mate to a topic where Mr Poppadom having a right old tantrum over on OTIB.

There is a man that hasn’t been touched by a woman in a very long time. Can we setup some kind of gofundme and help the guy out? 

Actually feeling genuinely sorry for him. 

Shouldn't that be gofu*kme

22 minutes ago, David said:

The best thing to do with incels is to just understand, their existance is already their sentence.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Within the framework of FS102, FS102, within the framework (with due regard to the ruling of the League Arbitration panel) of FS102

No fun in that... there’s  a few people who have gunned for us and we have (so far) made them look rather silly. 

would we even be football fans if we didn’t us it to wind them up.

’Wycome are going on a league one tour

a league one tour’ 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"You're going home in a linearly depreciated ambulance ".....?

I honestly think as a fan base we should ‘own’ this... I’ve had no end of mates enjoy telling me we are going to get relegated retrospectively.

I've had great pleasure dishing it out this evening. 

all these people dislike us anyway, us as a fan base may as well have some fun and wind as many of them up as possible ?

4 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I honestly think as a fan base we should ‘own’ this... I’ve had no end of mates enjoy telling me we are going to get relegated retrospectively.

I've had great pleasure dishing it out this evening. 

all these people dislike us anyway, us as a fan base may as well have some fun and wind as many of them up as possible ?

No one likes our interpretation of financial standards, we don't care

56 minutes ago, David said:

Ignoring 'poppa pumps his own because nobody else will', I had to laugh at this one

Screenshot_2021-07-03-00-19-48-393_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.502bff3b5ec54d9724b5a7cb85a70de5.png

Literally the opposite of what happened. There was no exam until someone outside of the process called foul, besides even if there were any questions they were written in invisible ink.

We wrote down some answers, they poured some lemon juice on the invisible ink and then decreed that our answers were wrong and tried to punish us for writing whatever it was we wrote, and demanded that we state in great depth why we answered the questions (which we couldn't predict) in the way that we chose to. They weren't asked to explain in anywhere near the same detail  why they wrote the rules in invisible ink in the first place.

One set of adjudicators decided that we had no real case to answer and that if rules were supposed to be followed, they should have been written down.

The examination board reviewed it and claimed that we should have been able to assume the correct answers based on the subject of the quiz,

On a second hearing the first set of adjudicators better explained their position, so the examination board weren't called into action.

Edited by Coconut

The problem with the chants, is the opposition will come back at us with ones of their own:
"There's only one widely accepted method of amortising player values,
there's only one widely accepted method of amortising player values,
one widely accepted method of amortising player values,
there's only one widely accepted method of amortising player values."

1 hurdle cleared and another one to clear....two things spring to mind for me

1. If they want us to re-evaluate the books regarding amortisation what happens if we are just outside of FFP? when they approved them originally when submitted ? if they dare to give us a points deduction like some are saying how is that right if we've already had them approved ?

2. The statement from the EFL saying " regrettably" is nothing short of an utter disgrace and looks to be very personal rather than professional, we are either guilty or not guilty and if they can't pursue an appeal because of advice given to them they should realise that maybe it is best to move on and draw a line under the matter but the statement tells you how much it is personal probably fuelled by others like Gibson....it really is quite amateurish and think after reading that they'll try there best to give us a hefty points deduction this season but after accepting our original figures think they're once again making it look like a witch hunt.....they really are a bunch of absolute bankers and Gibson can duck off as well .....would love to see us do well this season just to show them but think its going to be very tough 

1 hour ago, David said:

Nah, he can go and duck himself

The most concerning part of all of this really does come down to the IQ of the average football fan. I've seen no end of people, and by no end I mean at least 90%, not able to understand WHY we were even in court against the EFL. 

In fact, I would say at least 80% believe it was the EFL that has let us off lightly. It's quite concerning how quickly people will jump on something without even reading any of the actual story. Wycombe fans were demanding their owner to sue the EFL and Derby for letting us off. I mean, you would think Wycombe with their investment in this case would at least read the story (some did, and were quick to point it out) but the large majority didn't. 

It's honestly baffled me and made me wonder exactly what things do we hear, where we don't have this level of investment and do similar things? For the Forest and Leeds fans, I just assumed they can't read. It was at least 98% of their comments which still believe we're up against the EFL for the stadium. I'm surprised the daft twits can even conjure the intelligence to open their eyes in the morning. 

1 hour ago, David said:

You just know he was your twitter friend, wasn't it.