Yankee Doodle Derby

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Only just found out the Delivaroo bloke is a Derby Fan. Can they buy us… 

Awaiting for puns regarding Delivaroo.. 

he won’t support us after we had JustEat on our shirts 

18 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Only just found out the Delivaroo bloke is a Derby Fan. Can they buy us… 

Really? How do you know this?

If this was the case, surely we wouldn't have had Just Eat as a sponsor and Uber Eats sponsoring match days/RamsTV too?

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

If this was the case, surely we wouldn't have had Just Eat as a sponsor and Uber Eats sponsoring match days/RamsTV too?

Why wouldn’t we? You can’t turn down a sponsorship deal simply because one of their competitors is (allegedly) a fan of the club. 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/london.eater.com/platform/amp/22361693/new-england-kit-world-cup-2022-qatar

I got mugged off by a April fool, first England now this. I’m logging off for today ??

Edited by EraniosSocks

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/london.eater.com/platform/amp/22361693/new-england-kit-world-cup-2022-qatar

Deliveroo founder Will Shu said he was delighted that England will wear the colours of the company he founded in 2013. Shu, a Derby County fan, also revealed that Derby County manager and England’s all-time leading goalscorer Wayne Rooney will front a campaign set to launch next summer (as the tournament for the first time will take place in the winter.) It’s been dubbed “project Deliverooney.”

Updated 1 April 2021 at noon. This is/was an April Fool's practical pleasantry....

On 06/07/2021 at 07:19, Sparkle said:

Fair enough on your opinion, my opinion is that Mel Morris spent £200 million of his own money supporting various managers wants and unfortunately most of that has been spent on average players with little sell on reality which results in our situation. All of that is a big shame which has been sprinkled with some bad luck at just the wrong moments but we are where we are.

I've no reason whatsoever to want to criticise the owner. I'd much rather be talking about a successful DCFC. However no amount of money spent* is mitigation for getting the club into it's current dire position and opting to walk away from it. OK, there has been talk of health problems, and obviously we are all sympathetic on that front. But there are other ways of doing things. For instance rather than desperately trying to sell the club to dubious characters like the Fake Sheikh and Eric 'walter mitty' Alonso,  why not employ a decent CEO (someone in the Tom Glick mould) get the club back on it's feet and then find amore ethical, credible buyer, for what would be a more stable and saleable football club? 

*£200 million is mentioned. Is that actual cash into the club, loans repayable the owner etc. ? 

34 minutes ago, europia said:

I've no reason whatsoever to want to criticise the owner. I'd much rather be talking about a successful DCFC. However no amount of money spent* is mitigation for getting the club into it's current dire position and opting to walk away from it. OK, there has been talk of health problems, and obviously we are all sympathetic on that front. But there are other ways of doing things. For instance rather than desperately trying to sell the club to dubious characters like the Fake Sheikh and Eric 'walter mitty' Alonso,  why not employ a decent CEO (someone in the Tom Glick mould) get the club back on it's feet and then find amore ethical, credible buyer, for what would be a more stable and saleable football club? 

*£200 million is mentioned. Is that actual cash into the club, loans repayable the owner etc. ? 

For me, the least you can ask of any owner is they leave the club in no worse state than they find it.

If Mel doesn't meet that standard, his whole ownership has been a disaster.

No buts, no excuses.

12 hours ago, Rev said:

For me, the least you can ask of any owner is they leave the club in no worse state than they find it.

If Mel doesn't meet that standard, his whole ownership has been a disaster.

No buts, no excuses.

Understand - and agree - with the principle, but sprinkle a little context in here and maybe Mel derserves a little more slack.  Times have changed even since his tenure began; EFL attitude & approach, the commercial perils of running an 'entertainment' business in these uncertain times to name a couple of mitigating factors.  Not offering excuses here, just saying it's never as 'black and white' (pardon the pun) as it may at first seem, imho.

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

Understand - and agree - with the principle, but sprinkle a little context in here and maybe Mel derserves a little more slack.  Times have changed even since his tenure began; EFL attitude & approach, the commercial perils of running an 'entertainment' business in these uncertain times to name a couple of mitigating factors.  Not offering excuses here, just saying it's never as 'black and white' (pardon the pun) as it may at first seem, imho.

I agree with this too. I have been a big MM supporter over the years but I feel he's made a few errors that have cost us dearly financially and the knock on effect it has had on the squad.

When/if we get sold, imo i'll view his tenor as "disappointing".

48 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I agree with this too. I have been a big MM supporter over the years but I feel he's made a few errors that have cost us dearly financially and the knock on effect it has had on the squad.

When/if we get sold, imo i'll view his tenor as "disappointing".

I thought he sang soprano? 

Edited by hintonsboots