Yankee Doodle Derby

29 minutes ago, Maxwell Baxter said:

What ever is going on at the Rams this side of the pond it's nothing compared to the Rams in the NFL, If the city of St Louis win there lawsuit case (which increasing is a possibility) it will become one big mess for not only the Rams but for other NFL owners and maybe even EPL teams?   

Thanks

I have no faith in the Americans taking over the club tbh it’s dragging on and if this goes on over the transfer window they would potentially buy the club with 11 players plus reserves and no centre backs. If that’s the case I’d fear more for survival this season than last season and in which we are a greater risk this season then. 

If those accounts put us in the clear and we can resolve the EFL 'naughty list' issues then maybe that'll trigger something but those are surely a minimum requirement for anyone to want to get involved? The trouble is that the season is upon us and even if we get those issues dealt with, we will have run out of time to do much on the playing side and we'll go into the season with surely one of the weakest squads in recent memory. If the playing side looks to be heading for the trapdoor then it isn't much of an incentive for a potential buyer unless at the very least they get a real bargain.

Edited by Alty_Ram

17 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I have ran out of patience now. The piss poor communication from the club is appalling. What contingencies do we have if dont find a buyer before season start? 

Mel will still be responsible for the running of the club

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Can he afford too? Or we will be paying the team late racking up -3 point s every month in the process

I hope and sort of expect so.  I can't bring myself to believe that he would be responsible for the end of the club.  This is the point of having someone local owning the club.

1 hour ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Can he afford too? Or we will be paying the team late racking up -3 point s every month in the process

You got to believe that MM won't let paying the team slip behind. The punishment would be too high, the debt incurred would be taken off the value of the club, the points deductions would also reduce the value of the club. For a person allegedly worth £500M, £1M per month shouldn't be that difficult to finance.

On a side note Nixon is asking the question on how MM can afford the £2M per month players wages. Looking at our current squad of players, where does he get £2M per month from?

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s not just the wages, the clubs other overheads needs to be paid, Tax, Maintenance, rates, loans etc.

But now we have a 'low' wage bill shouldn't the clubs income cover a large-ish part of its outgoings (what do you think @Ghost of Clough) so Mel doesn't need to top up so much? 

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I have ran out of patience now. The piss poor communication from the club is appalling. What contingencies do we have if dont find a buyer before season start? 

Think it’s been relatively clear for a while now that we won’t have a buyer before the start of the season. The accounts aren’t even due before the first game (although I’m sure we’ll try to submit them before then). No ones going to buy the club before the mess is sorted.

Best case scenario is thus:

We get accounts submitted before the first game, and they’re fine(?!?!).

We sign the frees and get some loans in ASAP. 

Mel finds a suitable buyer before the January transfer window. 

Of those three steps, I’m most nervous about the last one.

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I hope this never happens but

at what point does Mel come to the conclusion that his continued funding of the club is draining away far more money than he will ever get back from the sale of the club.

Hopefully the new season will provide a revenue stream and reduce Mels burden

4 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I hope this never happens but

at what point does Mel come to the conclusion that his continued funding of the club is draining away far more money than he will ever get back from the sale of the club.

Hopefully the new season will provide a revenue stream

I think he's already past that point, tbh. I get the feeling that he just wants the debt writing off and he'll walk away. At least that's what the figures being stated a few weeks ago seemed to indicate.