Yankee Doodle Derby

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Actually I don’t agree - when an organisation appears to be failing its members somebody has to take a stand and tell them and the members that they should be doing a much better job and if they choose to ignore the members don’t be surprised when you start to lose your membership.

Maybe so. I wasn't suggesting that the EFL are running a slick operation. Actually my point was more to do with the dire situation that DCFC is now in, and that that the clubs owners confrontational approach toward the EFL is a contributory factor. As things stand, it doesn't look like Mr Morris has chosen his battles too well. Just my opinion of course. 

8 hours ago, europia said:

Maybe so. I wasn't suggesting that the EFL are running a slick operation. Actually my point was more to do with the dire situation that DCFC is now in, and that that the clubs owners confrontational approach toward the EFL is a contributory factor. As things stand, it doesn't look like Mr Morris has chosen his battles too well. Just my opinion of course. 

Fair enough on your opinion, my opinion is that Mel Morris spent £200 million of his own money supporting various managers wants and unfortunately most of that has been spent on average players with little sell on reality which results in our situation. All of that is a big shame which has been sprinkled with some bad luck at just the wrong moments but we are where we are.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Fair enough on your opinion, my opinion is that Mel Morris spent £200 million of his own money supporting various managers wants and unfortunately most of that has been spent on average players with little sell on reality which results in our situation. All of that is a big shame which has been sprinkled with some bad luck at just the wrong moments but we are where we are.

Yep. Can't go back. New start incoming! #COYR

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I agree with this, but I do think @europia has something of a point. The politics/soft power/having friends in the game aspects Mel has gone against the grain, ruffled feathers and so on. How much that has actually affected things it's impossible to know. I don't think that effect is "nothing" but it's probably not a decisive factor. Might have helped our reputation a bit.

However, for saying that, I do think Mel had some plenty valid criticisms of the EFL and he did put his money where his mouth was.

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yes agree with that but think it's very simplistic just to say that all the woes we are currently being subjected to are solely down this.

As other posters have already pointed out Mel has for whatever reason chosen to alienate himself from the current stewardship of the EFL which probably has worked against him to some unquantifiable amount but still needs to recognised and factored in to the position we are currently in.

12 hours ago, Sparkle said:

And my opinion is the sooner Mel has gone the better, we need a fresh start, and hope the new owners are not always on talk sport, sky news talking rybbish, just go about the job in a quite professional manner, letting managers manage, and to  take responsibility of all signings. 

19 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

And my opinion is the sooner Mel has gone the better, we need a fresh start, and hope the new owners are not always on talk sport, sky news talking rybbish, just go about the job in a quite professional manner, letting managers manage, and to  take responsibility of all signings. 

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, however I do think that much of our problem is due to Mel letting managers manage, ie sign pretty much whoever they wanted. 
I also have no idea what you are referring to with your last statement?

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, however I do think that much of our problem is due to Mel letting managers manage, ie sign pretty much whoever they wanted. 
I also have no idea what you are referring to with your last statement?

A chairman letting a manager manage ??

isn’t that what’s supposed to happen ?

I know what ur getting at but I don’t think we can have a go at Mel for backing his managers .. he trusted their judgment with his money 

he just put his faith in the wrong people sadly 

Just with regard to our current state of play 

is anybody else a little more worried today ?

IF there’s a takeover happening … and IF they had money .. and IF our new  reinstated accounts were ok 

why would we be shopping for the likes of stearman and jags.

donr get me wrong I’m not writing anyone off before they’ve even signed or kicked a ball for us 

and I certainly don’t expect fireworks and marquee signings again .. but u know what I mean 

or are we that desperate to get some bodies in 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes agree with that but think it's very simplistic just to say that all the woes we are currently being subjected to are solely down this.

As other posters have already pointed out Mel has for whatever reason chosen to alienate himself from the current stewardship of the EFL which probably has worked against him to some unquantifiable amount but still needs to recognised and factored in to the position we are currently in.

Currently the CEO of Derby County is Pearce, not Mel Morris who at this point in time only remains as the owner and sole shareholder.

In a UK company the CEO is responsible for the day to day running of all aspects of that company including communication and strategy, so I suggest you direct your bile if you must at the appropriate individual. 

I would think that the decision not to give a running commentary on every minutiae of the club is an easy one to make as an owner, if for instance you are going through chemo and/or some other debilitating treatment and catching covid at the same time.

FYI Mel teamed up with Rick Parry and the EFL to support the "Big Picture" initiative (https://talksport.com/football/efl/773110/Derby-owner-mel-morris-defends-efl-rick-parry-project-big-picture/),which would have been as follows;

The Premier League to be reduced from 20 to 18 clubs.

The EFL Cup and the Community Shield to be scrapped.

16th placed Premier League club to join a play-off with Championship teams in third, fourth, and fifth.

Nine Premier League clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Man City, Southampton, Tottenham, West Ham) to be given special power over rule changes, broadcasting rights, and even club takeovers.

Creation of a $450 million rescue fund for EFL clubs. 

25% of Premier League annual revenue (instead of just 4%) to go to EFL clubs, and scrapping of parachute payments (money given to clubs when they are relegated).

Which given the comments on this site a lot on here would support, especially the removal of parachute payments and a MUCH bigger share of TV revenues.

You never put facts in your "opinions" just bile and vitriol never anything to back up your opinions.

12 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Currently the CEO of Derby County is Pearce, not Mel Morris who at this point in time only remains as the owner and sole shareholder.

In a UK company the CEO is responsible for the day to day running of all aspects of that company including communication and strategy, so I suggest you direct your bile if you must at the appropriate individual. 

I would think that the decision not to give a running commentary on every minutiae of the club is an easy one to make as an owner, if for instance you are going through chemo and/or some other debilitating treatment and catching covid at the same time.

FYI Mel teamed up with Rick Parry and the EFL to support the "Big Picture" initiative (https://talksport.com/football/efl/773110/Derby-owner-mel-morris-defends-efl-rick-parry-project-big-picture/),which would have been as follows;

The Premier League to be reduced from 20 to 18 clubs.

The EFL Cup and the Community Shield to be scrapped.

16th placed Premier League club to join a play-off with Championship teams in third, fourth, and fifth.

Nine Premier League clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Man City, Southampton, Tottenham, West Ham) to be given special power over rule changes, broadcasting rights, and even club takeovers.

Creation of a $450 million rescue fund for EFL clubs. 

25% of Premier League annual revenue (instead of just 4%) to go to EFL clubs, and scrapping of parachute payments (money given to clubs when they are relegated).

Which given the comments on this site a lot on here would support, especially the removal of parachute payments and a MUCH bigger share of TV revenues.

You never put facts in your "opinions" just bile and vitriol never anything to back up your opinions.

I suspect I might not be the only one to see little by the way of bile and vitriol within Tyler’s post. He was expressing his opinion in a civil way, and I agree with his thought pattern.  

20 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

FYI Mel teamed up with Rick Parry and the EFL to support the "Big Picture" initiative

As you state earlier in the quoted post, shouldn't this have been the CEO's job to comment on the proposal, as the official responsible for communication and strategy?

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I suspect I might not be the only one to see little by the way of bile and vitriol within Tyler’s post. He was expressing his opinion in a civil way, and I agree with his thought pattern.  

There was less bile in there than when I tried to drink 3 pints of beer in 5 minutes and chucked it all back up almost unchanged.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There was less bile in there than when I tried to drink 3 pints of beer in 5 minutes and chucked it all back up almost unchanged.

Drinking 6 halves in 5 minutes is easier than 3 pints and you are less likely to throw up, (old Derby mile trick)