Yankee Doodle Derby

Ed Dawes with a cryptic tweet regards the date of Fri 16th, add the new US firm behind the megastore.

BBC confirmed Mike Horton was in Miami for personal business reasons didnt they....doesnt mean those reasons arent us.

That Andy guy said on Twitter funds submitted to the EFL on the 2nd (which the club declined to comment on)....the 16th is 2 weeks later...which is approx how long an EFL check would take for a known businessman which Mike Horton & Micky Arison are. Trevor Birch said himself its quicker if businessmen are known in the UK, if they arent like Erik Alonso then checks can take a month+

Seems like there is alot going on for it to just be coincedence but thats just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ed Dawes with a cryptic tweet regards the date of Fri 16th, add the new US firm behind the megastore.

BBC confirmed Mike Horton was in Miami for personal business reasons didnt they....doesnt mean those reasons arent us.

That Andy guy said on Twitter funds submitted to the EFL on the 2nd (which the club declined to comment on)....the 16th is 2 weeks later...which is approx how long an EFL check would take for a known businessman which Mike Horton & Micky Arison are. Trevor Birch said himself its quicker if businessmen are known in the UK, if they arent like Erik Alonso then checks can take a month+

Seems like there is alot going on for it to just be coincedence but thats just my opinion.

Mar-a-lago is just over an hour away from Miami.

Make Derby Great Again.

43 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He did tweet after it’s National snake day or something on the 16th… not sure if he was having a wind up or not?

I think this is a probably a flight of fancy and proof that everyone in the world is connected but after looking at the new store management by Fanatics have just been following a trail of people through that unreliable internet thing (bored as hubbie watching Bond film)......

1. Fanatics running store - main owner seems to be Michael G Rubin. His wiki page shows this re his sports investments

"Philadelphia 76ers and NJ Devils ownershipEdit

In October 2011, Rubin bought a minority share in the Philadelphia 76ers.[27] Rubin is a member of the investment group that won a $280 million bid for the team. The other members of the investment group include Joshua Harris of the private equity firm Apollo Global Management, portfolio manager Art Wrubel, former Sacramento Kings executive Jason Levien, former Vail Resorts CEO Adam Aron, Martin J. Geller, David B. Heller, Travis Hennings, James Lassiter, David S. Blitzer, Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith, and Indonesian businessmen Handy Soetedjo & Erick Thohir."

2. Eric Thohir's wiki extract:

"Erick Thohir (born 30 May 1970) is an Indonesian businessman. He is the founder and chairman of Mahaka Group,[1] a holding company which focuses on media and entertainment. He was former owner and chairman of Inter Milan[2] and D.C. United"

then googling Thohir and Alonso......

3. "....Raja Sapta Oktohari’s involvement was reported by Football League World based on a podcast The Price of Football from football finance expert, Kieran Maguire.

Maguire said that there was financial support behind Erik Alonso, led by Raja Sapta Oktohari.

“There was a consortium and the money actually came from an Indonesian named Raja Sapta Oktohari who was involved with the Indonesian Olympic Committee. His father is a senior politician in the country and he is also friends with Erick Thohir who has a history at Inter Milan and DC United,” said Maguire.

However, this attachment was firmly denied by Erik Alonso when Kompas.com contacted him"

So nonsense or link from Fanatics to DC United to Indonesia to possible Alonso rumoured backer?  Or crazy bored slightly tipsy person with too much time overthinking new store management? 

On 07/07/2021 at 15:18, BucksRam said:

I did ask on here the other day actually whether he's the real deal - no response to my tweet as yet.  Interesting too that on his feed he acknowledges he's been blocked by Nixon and says "we don't get on". 

Nixon blocks anyone who calls him out though for even the smallest thing. 

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I think this is a probably a flight of fancy and proof that everyone in the world is connected but after looking at the new store management by Fanatics have just been following a trail of people through that unreliable internet thing (bored as hubbie watching Bond film)......

1. Fanatics running store - main owner seems to be Michael G Rubin. His wiki page shows this re his sports investments

"Philadelphia 76ers and NJ Devils ownershipEdit

In October 2011, Rubin bought a minority share in the Philadelphia 76ers.[27] Rubin is a member of the investment group that won a $280 million bid for the team. The other members of the investment group include Joshua Harris of the private equity firm Apollo Global Management, portfolio manager Art Wrubel, former Sacramento Kings executive Jason Levien, former Vail Resorts CEO Adam Aron, Martin J. Geller, David B. Heller, Travis Hennings, James Lassiter, David S. Blitzer, Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith, and Indonesian businessmen Handy Soetedjo & Erick Thohir."

2. Eric Thohir's wiki extract:

"Erick Thohir (born 30 May 1970) is an Indonesian businessman. He is the founder and chairman of Mahaka Group,[1] a holding company which focuses on media and entertainment. He was former owner and chairman of Inter Milan[2] and D.C. United"

then googling Thohir and Alonso......

3. "....Raja Sapta Oktohari’s involvement was reported by Football League World based on a podcast The Price of Football from football finance expert, Kieran Maguire.

Maguire said that there was financial support behind Erik Alonso, led by Raja Sapta Oktohari.

“There was a consortium and the money actually came from an Indonesian named Raja Sapta Oktohari who was involved with the Indonesian Olympic Committee. His father is a senior politician in the country and he is also friends with Erick Thohir who has a history at Inter Milan and DC United,” said Maguire.

However, this attachment was firmly denied by Erik Alonso when Kompas.com contacted him"

So nonsense or link from Fanatics to DC United to Indonesia to possible Alonso rumoured backer?  Or crazy bored slightly tipsy person with too much time overthinking new store management? 

I would say that is some damn good investigation work there.

I had been waiting for the name Erik Thohir to emerge when Alonso was in talks and surprised it didnt.

Alonso did make reference to the Americans still pushing along with the purchase, so maybe he wasnt completely telling porkies.

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would say that is some damn good investigation work there.

I had been waiting for the name Erik Thohir to emerge when Alonso was in talks and surprised it didnt.

Alonso did make reference to the Americans still pushing along with the purchase, so maybe he wasnt completely telling porkies.

He probably was but we shall see! Got me through Living Daylights anyway

12 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

More cryptic hints from Dawes...

In my book he shouldn't be doing this as a representative of Radio Derby. 

If he's ITK then it's leaking of info, and if he's not then he's using his position and guesswork to gain followers