Yankee Doodle Derby

12 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just with regard to our current state of play 

is anybody else a little more worried today ?

IF there’s a takeover happening … and IF they had money .. and IF our new  reinstated accounts were ok 

why would we be shopping for the likes of stearman and jags.

donr get me wrong I’m not writing anyone off before they’ve even signed or kicked a ball for us 

and I certainly don’t expect fireworks and marquee signings again .. but u know what I mean 

or are we that desperate to get some bodies in 

I think the worst is behind us.  We can’t see what’s going on with building the squad but Pearce’s recent comments were very encouraging. I think we’ll put together a decent squad - there’s a lot of talent out there and the recent good news from the EFl will make it easier to recruit.

Pearce’s comments about building bridges w the EFL also v encouraging 

Next season will be about consolidating and hopefully developing some of the young talent - I hope the mgt team looks after them and uses the youngsters wisely 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Stearman and Jagielka might be training with the club, they might even sign up as squad players, who knows. There's no transfer fee and they're not going to demand massive wages are they at their ages? If they did, we wouldn't be able to sign them anyway.

But, you know, we need bodies in the CB position. We also need experience in the CB position. 

Who better than Stearman, Jagielka and Davies to teach our U23 CB's about that position? 

Sergio Ramos, Boateng and David Luiz are all available on frees and would be better at teaching our youngsters ?

13 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Currently the CEO of Derby County is Pearce, not Mel Morris who at this point in time only remains as the owner and sole shareholder.

In a UK company the CEO is responsible for the day to day running of all aspects of that company including communication and strategy, so I suggest you direct your bile if you must at the appropriate individual. 

I would think that the decision not to give a running commentary on every minutiae of the club is an easy one to make as an owner, if for instance you are going through chemo and/or some other debilitating treatment and catching covid at the same time.

FYI Mel teamed up with Rick Parry and the EFL to support the "Big Picture" initiative (https://talksport.com/football/efl/773110/Derby-owner-mel-morris-defends-efl-rick-parry-project-big-picture/),which would have been as follows;

The Premier League to be reduced from 20 to 18 clubs.

The EFL Cup and the Community Shield to be scrapped.

16th placed Premier League club to join a play-off with Championship teams in third, fourth, and fifth.

Nine Premier League clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Man City, Southampton, Tottenham, West Ham) to be given special power over rule changes, broadcasting rights, and even club takeovers.

Creation of a $450 million rescue fund for EFL clubs. 

25% of Premier League annual revenue (instead of just 4%) to go to EFL clubs, and scrapping of parachute payments (money given to clubs when they are relegated).

Which given the comments on this site a lot on here would support, especially the removal of parachute payments and a MUCH bigger share of TV revenues.

You never put facts in your "opinions" just bile and vitriol never anything to back up your opinions.

Very strange response, I thought my post was pretty insipid to be honest but must have horribly misjudged that one I guess.

I guess you think I have voodoo dolls of a caricature of Mel Morris that I stick pins in to amuse myself or something of that ilk but alas I lead such a quiet existence am afraid.

Anyhows I'll DM you next time I'm going to post something to run it by your internal censor to avoid further offending you. 

6 hours ago, richinspain said:

I think you've misunderstood me. I was saying that he did let managers manage, unless the original comment was about the dressing room incident? I can't think of any other occasion where Mel publicly interfered with the manager 

*just putting this in before someone else does

6032CC44-30D0-48D4-8013-649F211A3EA7.jpeg

I think I did … my apologies 

Andy on Twitter proclaimed on Saturday evening that funds had been lodged with the EFL re the takeover, as it’s more than 48 hours ? later, was he talking out of his a*** ?

Also, are funds for a takeover lodged with the EFL or the sellers Solicitor ? I certainly wouldn’t trust the EFL with my money.

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Andy on Twitter proclaimed on Saturday evening that funds had been lodged with the EFL re the takeover, as it’s more than 48 hours ? later, was he talking out of his a*** ?

Also, are funds for a takeover lodged with the EFL or the sellers Solicitor ? I certainly wouldn’t trust the EFL with my money.

Yeah, the EFL might be wanting to see a proof of funds but if they are demanding the money itself that's a bit odd.

My take is it was probably BS.

44 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I've just tweeted him so will see if he has anything to add......?

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

He’s wildly speculating again. He’s also been making claims that deals have been done regarding the stadium and the charges. However they would be registered with companies house but nothing has changed. 

he will make a few statements and guesses hoping that one of them sticks. Quite often 2+2=5 with him. 

18 minutes ago, tinman said:

He’s wildly speculating again. He’s also been making claims that deals have been done regarding the stadium and the charges. However they would be registered with companies house but nothing has changed. 

he will make a few statements and guesses hoping that one of them sticks. Quite often 2+2=5 with him. 

I did ask on here the other day actually whether he's the real deal - no response to my tweet as yet.  Interesting too that on his feed he acknowledges he's been blocked by Nixon and says "we don't get on". 

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I did ask on here the other day actually whether he's the real deal - no response to my tweet as yet.  Interesting too that on his feed he acknowledges he's been blocked by Nixon and says "we don't get on". 

Maybe they are the same person ?

1 hour ago, tinman said:

On a related point I saw Pearce said nothing was owed to Gabay. But he referenced the MSD debt. Was he making the disingenuous and narrow point that the club itself doesn’t owe Gabay anything (instead it’s the stadium co) Or has something changed? The Gabay charge was still registered last time I looked