Yankee Doodle Derby

17 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Think it’s been relatively clear for a while now that we won’t have a buyer before the start of the season. The accounts aren’t even due before the first game (although I’m sure we’ll try to submit them before then). No ones going to buy the club before the mess is sorted.

Best case scenario is thus:

We get accounts submitted before the first game, and they’re fine(?!?!).

We sign the frees and get some loans in ASAP. 

Mel finds a suitable buyer before the January transfer window. 

Of those three steps, I’m most nervous about the last one.

Don't we need to also get HMRC off our backs (be it agreeing a payment plan or paying debts in full) and get the EFL to discount the Chorley game before we can sign even frees?

Think it might even apply to signing loans too - definitely if a fee is involved but maybe even if not?

On 18/07/2021 at 08:00, Topram said:

Rooney says he “needs support” - suggesting from the top - and says it would be nice to get it “quicker”.

We should get him a corset.  "Thanks for your support, I will always wear it."

58 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s not just the wages, the clubs other overheads need to be paid, Tax, Maintenance, rates, loans etc.

But, it's only the players' wages which need to be paid, to avoid the 3 points' penalties.

42 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Don't we need to also get HMRC off our backs (be it agreeing a payment plan or paying debts in full) and get the EFL to discount the Chorley game before we can sign even frees?

Think it might even apply to signing loans too - definitely if a fee is involved but maybe even if not?

Yep you're correct, I was far too optimistic. Add those two steps in also...

57 minutes ago, ram59 said:

But, it's only the players' wages which need to be paid, to avoid the 3 points' penalties.

No use having players wages paid and avioding the 3 point deduction if

We lose the ground because we are in default on the loan payment.

HMRC issue a winding up order for none payment of tax

The council come after us for non payment of rates  

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

22 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

No use having players wages paid and avioding the 3 point deduction if

We lose the ground because we are in default on the loan payment.

HMRC issue a winding up order for none payment of tax

The council come after us for non payment of rates  

HMRC will give a time to pay agreement, and a confirmed agreement should be good enough for the EFL as I believe there are other championship clubs that have done this.

"A Time to Pay Arrangement with HMRC is a debt repayment plan for your outstanding taxes. Companies that have defaulted on their payments to settle their Corporation Tax, VAT and/or PAYE can ask HMRC for extra time to pay. They will usually agree that you can payit back over 6-12 months. Time to Pay Arrangements are made directly with HMRC."

27 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

HMRC will give a time to pay agreement, and a confirmed agreement should be good enough for the EFL as I believe there are other championship clubs that have done this.

"A Time to Pay Arrangement with HMRC is a debt repayment plan for your outstanding taxes. Companies that have defaulted on their payments to settle their Corporation Tax, VAT and/or PAYE can ask HMRC for extra time to pay. They will usually agree that you can payit back over 6-12 months. Time to Pay Arrangements are made directly with HMRC."

I understand that there are solutions to all the issues however the point I was making is that the club has a wider issue than just avoiding a 3 point deduction and Mels financial input into the club is far more than the just players wages.  

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I understand that there are solutions to all the issues however the point I was making is that the club has a wider issue than just aoviding a 3 point deduction and Mels financial input into the club is far more than the just players wages.  

If we could sort this total mess out for just a 3 point deduction, enabling us to move on I would bite your hand off......

48 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Yes but the general ability to file late accounts due to covid wasnt accepted by EFL so who knows perhaps this is the same! Are we still furloughing non- playing staff does anyone know? If so we cant be not paying PAYE/NICs on furlough salaries for staff or have generally unagreed PAYE/NIC debts as HMRC can claw back JRS and/or cease paying further amounts. So that may be one thing

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Anyone get the feeling that the potential buyers are waiting for (and wanting) the club to go tits up then buy it for the proverbial song?

…..or there aren’t actually any potential buyers at the minute 

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think we need to contact Tom Cruise. He seems to have lots of time to support British sport. Surely Wayne met him at Wembley. Assume a donation from a sport lover would be allowed under P&S rules?

Isnt Tom too busy supporting the Church of Scientology and its associated social programs!