Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

No idea which version of the (amortised) accounts will eventually be accepted. FFP / P & S results will differ in each case, of course. We wonder how aggressive or conciliatory both Administrators or EFL might be.

Accounts provisionally approved by EFL by Shaun Harvey, before Rick Pariah Parry took over.  Rams found not guilty of stadium sale / amortisation breaches in August 2020. Fined £100.000 re: amortisation a year later.

Club has been stuffed by these charges over three seasons now and already 4 transfer windows. EFL also need to look at their conduct and procedures, not to mention the rules - which at present they must apply with the same vigour and scrutiny for other 'close. but no cigar' rule-bending Championship clubs, and there are a few of them!

24 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

This is a super bad idea as it will leave us open to more points deductions see EFL regulation 24

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Guidance

From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.

If we sold players in January because of an extra points deduction making our future 'obvious' then it would be a full strength team!

Edited by RoyMac5

44 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Wayne has set the team a challenge to make history by staying up. 

And what a fool for saying it publicly instead of just to the players. There are those on the EFL board who want to see us relegated and if the anti-Derby contingent begin to think we have a chance of staying up they will push for a points deal that ensures relegation 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

And what a fool for saying it publicly instead of just to the players. There are those on the EFL board who want to see us relegated and if the anti-Derby contingent begin to think we have a chance of staying up they will push for a points deal that ensures relegation 

Oh for goodness sake. If he'd have said well we'll just accept it then you'd have said 'not showing much fight'!

For those asking who we lease Moor Farm from, I've pasted this from the charge details on Companies House.

Charge code:    0004 9139 0035
Persons entitled:    MSD UK HOLDINGS LIMITED (AS LENDER)
Brief description:    LEASEHOLD LAND ON THE EAST SIDE OF MORLEY ROAD,
CHADDEDSON HELD UNDER A LEASE DATED 14 JUNE 2002 BETWEEN
(1) THE TRUSTEES OF THE LOCKO SETTLED ESTATES AND (2) THE
Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED REGISTERED AT THE
LAND REGISTRY WITH TITLE NO. DY351091 AND A LEASE DATED 21
NOVEMBER 2014, MADE BETWEEN (1) TRUSTEES OF THE LOCKO
PARK 1991 SETTLEMENT AND (2) THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED REGISTERED AT THE LAND REGISTRY WITH TITLE NO.
DY489060
Contains fixed charge(s).
Contains floating charge(s) (floating charge covers all the property or undertaking of the company).

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They've taken on that discussion now as they control the club. The situation is as it was before, it needs resolving. Going from Mel's interview on Sunday, we have at least 1 breach of £4m which also protentially affects things in other periods - hence the words about being punished for the same thing multipul times - but I think it's inevitable we get more points deducted this season. The key thing is going to be digesting everything that's coming in this season so next season we at least start on 0 without deductions hanging over us.

They obviously can't say anything other than what they saaid in the presser at the current moment, but my bet would be on us getting the -9.

I genuinely believe we will get new owners, that many of the woes of daft salaries and unsustainable finances will, to a certain extent be reset. I also know we will go down, but I’ll be shouting for the team at every home game. We can ride that, they still play football worth watching in league 1 and we can come back. 

My huge huge fear is a second major deduction … so we end up in league one, on minus points with quality players leaving, the guts ripped out of us and the smell of death hanging over us. why would they stay, why would anyone want to join ? The after shocks would just go on. 

34 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

This is a super bad idea as it will leave us open to more points deductions see EFL regulation 24

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Guidance

From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.

He will be forced to sell his most valuable players at Xmas if League 1 is unavoidable, so they wouldn't be available for selection in March.

Just now, jono said:

I genuinely believe we will get new owners, that many of the woes of daft salaries and unsustainable finances will, to a certain extent be reset. I also know we will go down, but I’ll be shouting for the team at every home game. We can ride that, they still play football worth watching in league 1 and we can come back. 

My huge huge fear is a second major deduction … so we end up in league one, on minus points with quality players leaving, the guts ripped out of us and the smell of death hanging over us. why would they stay, why would anyone want to join ? The after shocks would just go on. 

Yes, the key thing is to have it all deducted this season and we can start afresh in league one. If we start next year with more points deducted it could be a death spiral.

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

For those asking who we lease Moor Farm from, I've pasted this from the charge details on Companies House.

Charge code:    0004 9139 0035
Persons entitled:    MSD UK HOLDINGS LIMITED (AS LENDER)
Brief description:    LEASEHOLD LAND ON THE EAST SIDE OF MORLEY ROAD,
CHADDEDSON HELD UNDER A LEASE DATED 14 JUNE 2002 BETWEEN
(1) THE TRUSTEES OF THE LOCKO SETTLED ESTATES AND (2) THE
Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED REGISTERED AT THE
LAND REGISTRY WITH TITLE NO. DY351091 AND A LEASE DATED 21
NOVEMBER 2014, MADE BETWEEN (1) TRUSTEES OF THE LOCKO
PARK 1991 SETTLEMENT AND (2) THE Derby COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED REGISTERED AT THE LAND REGISTRY WITH TITLE NO.
DY489060
Contains fixed charge(s).
Contains floating charge(s) (floating charge covers all the property or undertaking of the company).

Quick Administrators, Claim Moor Farm FOC! The charge details are null and void - there is no such place  in Derby called 

"CHADDEDSON".

That's one property sorted  ?

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I didn't expect Frank to say anything else. At the time everything was good. Mel Morris on the pitch at Leeds, starting the bounce. As soon as it went pear shaped, he disappeared. 

That's just reminded me of something. When was the last time that Harry Redknapp left a club and it didn't implode afterwards?

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I didn't expect Frank to say anything else. At the time everything was good. Mel Morris on the pitch at Leeds, starting the bounce. As soon as it went pear shaped, he disappeared. 

Yeah, he was brilliant bankrolling your baby steps as manager before you shot off at the first sign of the big time....

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh for goodness sake. If he'd have said well we'll just accept it then you'd have said 'not showing much fight'!

Please don’t presume to tell me what I would have said. Given what we now know about P&S, I think the 9 points offered to Mel was harsh. I think the administrators could have whittled it down to 4 or 5 points and I think it’s a grave mistake to say they will accept 9 so soon. 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't one of the criticisms of MM that he was too hands on and should have someone else running the club ie a CEO?

If so, why are people bow criticising him for not speaking to Rooney? Surely this should be done by Pearce?

there is a middle ground between storming into the dressing room and not speaking to the manager for months on end... 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Please don’t presume to tell me what I would have said. Given what we now know about P&S, I think the 9 points offered to Mel was harsh. I think the administrators could have whittled it down to 4 or 5 points and I think it’s a grave mistake to say they will accept 9 so soon. 

Please don't you presume either. Did anyone actually verbatim say that, I must have missed it.

He has invested a fortune. 

No doubt about it Mel Morris put his money where his mouth is and backed Derby to make the Premier League

Going into admin doesn't change that. Neither does the fact he spent huge amounts of his own money on Derby change the fact that we are now in administration and suffering because of his management 

As often is the case in the real world people aren't always angels or demons. 

People have to be mature enough to judge people as they see them and not get caught up in any hysteria. Don't start doing stupid things. 

Edited by Alpha