Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

That’s this season done then. 38 pointless games from now on then? we knew it was gonna be a tough season but duck me -21 points. Just purely ruins the championship this year. Makes us uncompetitive in the league and it’s only September 

A disaster of a league then that’s the case and I would say that if it wasn’t us even the Red dogs with Reading being given a deduction as well and let’s wait until March and see who else is in serious trouble 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A disaster of a league then that’s the case and I would say that if it wasn’t us even the Red dogs with Reading being given a deduction as well and let’s wait until March and see who else is in serious trouble 

By the sounds of it there’s a good 5 or 6 clubs that are in serious trouble. 

17 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The EFL will argue that if Covid was the Sole event that drove Derby into administration why didn’t it have the same effect on other clubs !

it a good argument.

Whether you believe/agree or not Mel tried to explain this by pointing out that a number of clubs are still in receipt of parachute payments and clubs recently promoted are not as impacted either because of the relatively low costs.

I doubt we have a very compelling case but it does make you wonder if he's going to try it given his numerous references to Covid. I seem to recall him saying we had a workable business plan if it hadn't been for the Covid restrictions.

I'm not holding my breath but might be worth a go. 

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

That’s this season done then. 38 pointless games from now on then? we knew it was gonna be a tough season but duck me -21 points. Just purely ruins the championship this year. Makes us uncompetitive in the league and it’s only September 

I disagree. This season is far from done. The outcome inevitably will be relegation but it allows us @ 10 months to prepare for next season. We can offload players we don’t want or can’t afford. Blood players who will be needed next year and scout players who will be great in league one. We can build momentum and togetherness amongst fans and staff alike and hit league one with all guns blazing!!! This is probably the most important period in our recent history, far, far from done 

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

I disagree. This season is far from done. The outcome inevitably will be relegation but it allows us @ 10 months to prepare for next season. We can offload players we don’t want or can’t afford. Blood players who will be needed next year and scout players who will be great in league one. We can build momentum and togetherness amongst fans and staff alike and hit league one with all guns blazing!!! This is probably the most important period in our recent history, far, far from done 

But the immediate football is pointless. Just a bunch on lads who’ll be playing for nothing. Knowing they’ll be relegated from the start. We’ll lose the good young players and our better players. Just seems a bit pointless us playing the rest of the season

I'm sure Mel Morris said on Sunday that if it weren't for Covid, we wouldn't now be in administration - so worth a try

If it works & the other offences end in a net 12 point deduction in total then it gives us a chance

Especially if a few other clubs get punished too

Blackpool away on 30th April may be very important & just imagine if we end up playing the last game of the season at home to Cardiff in a similar situation to last season against Sheff Wed - with everything riding on it

Oh the emotions !!!!

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

But the immediate football is pointless. Just a bunch on lads who’ll be playing for nothing. Knowing they’ll be relegated from the start. We’ll lose the good young players and our better players. Just seems a bit pointless us playing the rest of the season

Pretty sure if we don’t finish the season’s fixtures we will be massively punished. EFL won’t just let us put our feet up and start in league one next season. We will probably learn a thousand times more about the players character and ability in this time of crisis than we ever would in a season of mid table obscurity. We all know we will have to suffer as a club but personally would just like it now rather than dragging on for what seems an eternity 

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Mel will show them his bank account, or rather the lack of receipts in his DCFC bank account? Worth a go.

I’m think we should start a collection for our Mel. He’s in dire straits and has had to give up one his hobbies recently. 
hate to see him down and out and living on the breadline. We  need come together to help him  maintain the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

Any one in for a shilling or two?

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That’s not an argument - you are actually suggesting everyone needs to be in administration 

No, there’s nothing to suggest that in my post, only those clubs that suffered unsustainable financial set backs due to Covid would be in administration. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

21 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

38 dead rubbers sitting on the shelf and if one dead rubber should accidentally fall there will be 37 dead rubbers sitting on the shelf and if one dead rubber should accidentally fall there will be 36 dead rubbers sitting on the shelf - you get the drift. 

46 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The EFL will argue that if Covid was the Sole event that drove Derby into administration why didn’t it have the same effect on other clubs !

it a good argument.

It’s not. Derby were in a certain situation prior to Covid. If they can prove those circumstances were manageable but Covid was an unpredictable, unforeseen (force majeur ) spanner in the works then it fails comprehensively. Force majeur by definition is something you can’t predict for yourself in your particular circumstances.  Other club’s situations are irrelevant . E.G Derby had a financial recovery / trading plan plan in place that assumed £ 10,000,000 ticket income. This was needed but it as also a conservative and reasonable assumption based on past history. Covid came along and the 10 mill became zero … That was unforseable force majeur. 

Other clubs had different situations, they might have had more padding that allowed them to avoid our situation but that doesn’t alter the force majeur as it affected us. 

In Trevor Birch's interview with Ed Dawes, just being played on RD Sportscene, Ed asked him about the fines meted out to QPR and Bournemouth and why a points deduction wasn't applied when they came back down. 

Birch said that the rules were applied in accordance with what they were at the time. This is factually incorrect. The rules said :

Clubs promoted to the PL will have to pay a ‘Fair Play Tax’ on the excess by which they failed to fulfil the Fair Play requirement ranging from 1% on the first £100,000 to 100% on anything over £10m. See below for a comprehensive fining table.

Any proceeds will be distributed equally amongst those clubs that complied with the FFP regulations for the season in question. Clubs that remain in the Championship, who breach the FL FFP regulations will have a transfer embargo imposed. Clubs who are relegated out of the Championship will not be entitled to any Fair Play Tax payout but will not be sanctioned.

In the cases of both clubs, the EFL agreed a reduced fine that equated to approximately half of their excess losses. In QPR's case, this was halved again because the EFL allowed the owners to write-off loans of around £20M. This was done for expediency because QPR had fought the proposed fine through arbitration and Bournemouth (being in the PL) resisted settling their fine until the QPR case was settled.

The final irony is that the current version of the FFP rules were ratified at an EFL conference at PP in November 2014. I bet MM wishes he'd pissed on the sandwiches. 

30 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Spot on yoof...10 months of hard work and then...let the games begin!!

1 minute ago, jono said:

It’s not. Derby were in a certain situation prior to Covid. If they can prove those circumstances were manageable but Covid was an unpredictable, unforeseen (force majeur ) spanner in the works then it fails comprehensively. Force majeur by definition is something you can’t predict for yourself in your particular circumstances.  Other club’s situations are irrelevant . E.G Derby had a financial recovery / trading plan plan in place that assumed £ 10,000,000 ticket income. This was needed but it as also a conservative and reasonable assumption based on past history. Covid came along and the 10 mill became zero … That was unforseable force majeur. 

Other clubs had different situations, they might have had more padding that allowed them to avoid our situation but that doesn’t alter the force majeur as it affected us. 

Exactly and it’s not just one season it’s a season and a quarter and fans needed refunding etc etc - if a global pandemic where no supporters can attend for a season and a quarter doesn’t cover it then absolutely nothing ever will - forget Wigan they were shafted by  a new owner who had spent no time there at all and they only had a few weeks of a pandemic to deal with at the time.

29 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I suspect you’ll find most, if not all, professional footballers have an innate desire to win every game they play in regardless of pointless it may seem. Also, from a personal perspective, I would imagine they will want to impress in order to enhance their chances of a more favourable transfer.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

To add to that i think it adds v v strongly to our case that the first thing the independent administation team said was 

“this club has been badly effected by covid” 

so thats it efl .. a professional opinion for u to ignore .. just like the accountant on that first panel that told u to stop talking drivel 

My worry is the admin arnt there t challenge points decisions .. perhaps a new ownership would ? Or would it be too late