Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Admin points deduction can be appealed if shown to be force majeure and out of their control. I think this explains Mel repeatedly blaming COVID and saying we would have been able to trade through but for the pandemic. I note that the administrators statement yesterday made the same argument in the very first paragraph. 

We will now also be able to cite Stoke writing down their player value as precedent that the impact of COVID has been accepted as “extraordinary circumstances” that can impact trading. 

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Admin points deduction can be appealed if shown to be force majeure and out of their control. I think this explains Mel repeatedly blaming COVID and saying we would have been able to trade through but for the pandemic. I note that the administrators statement yesterday made the same argument in the very first paragraph. 

I think this too. 

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm pretty sure they're gonna try it. Whether they succeed is another matter.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

If these two snippets are true, my estimation of Wayne Rooney has rocketed through the roof. Much more switched on than I could have ever imagined. 

If the address given by Mel to the staff at Pride Park was almost verbatim to his interview to Radio Derby then it was business like, but hardly heartfelt and personal. It is so refreshing to hear the honesty and caring approach of Wayne. Someone who really cares about the staff and is hands on and not at all remote.

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

The EFL rules state that a Force Majeure event can only be considered if it was the SOLE event that caused administration, were we already in financial trouble before Covid ?

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure they're gonna try it. Whether they succeed is another matter.

And if they are bright then it’s leverage … sort the lot out, give us a closed deal for all past sins that we can use to cement prospective buyers and we won’t make trouble. 

3 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The EFL rules state that a Force Majeure event can only be considered if it was the SOLE event that caused administration, were we already in financial trouble before Covid ?

Yes, but we were still able to 'trade' whilst looking for new owners.

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I strongly suspect we'll try it and it'll fail, but the administrators will say "well, we had to try it" and not really be surprised.

As has been pointed out, COVID hit every organisation and every other football club, but it's Derby who are in administration. Plus, the EFL will rightly be concerned that if they give DCFC a respite on this, it might encourage futer insovlancy events from clubs who otherwise would trade through if they think there's no penalty if they cry covid.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

He has invested a fortune. 

No doubt about it Mel Morris put his money where his mouth is and backed Derby to make the Premier League

Going into admin doesn't change that. Neither does the fact he spent huge amounts of his own money on Derby change the fact that we are now in administration and suffering because of his management 

As often is the case in the real world people aren't always angels or demons. 

People have to be mature enough to judge people as they see them and not get caught up in any hysteria. Don't start doing stupid things. 

Morris's behaviour over the last 12 months is irredeemable, regardless of how much money he pumped in earlier.

6 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Not true. It says that the force majeure event must have caused administration directly and the owners must have used all reasonable efforts to stop admin from happening.

whatever mess we were in before COVID happened is irrelevant , it’s what happened after then did the owners do enough to stop admin happening ? 

13 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It was - however it’s flowered up - without covid we wouldn’t be in administration - we probably would have been sold to whoever by now 

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It’s worth a try but the club would need to prove that Covid wasn’t just a contributing factor that hastened the clubs final and inevitable journey into administration 

Mel will show them his bank account, or rather the lack of receipts in his DCFC bank account? Worth a go.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I strongly suspect we'll try it and it'll fail, but the administrators will say "well, we had to try it" and not really be surprised.

As has been pointed out, COVID hit every organisation and every other football club, but it's Derby who are in administration. Plus, the EFL will rightly be concerned that if they give DCFC a respite on this, it might encourage futer insovlancy events from clubs who otherwise would trade through if they think there's no penalty if they cry covid.

It’s where we are - covid is the reason administration has come about - the team need to have no more than 9-12 point deduction or there is simply no point playing half of them especially if they get appearance money win bonuses etc. We have been forced to play 18/19/20 year olds - we will be playing 16/17 year olds if relegation is an absolute and no one could blame us 

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The EFL will argue that if Covid was the Sole event that drove Derby into administration why didn’t it have the same effect on other clubs !

it a good argument.

That’s not an argument - you are actually suggesting everyone needs to be in administration