Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

43 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

'Mel wasn't sincere, wasn't heartfelt enough, wasn't honest' - Wayne's comments about MM's meeting with him this week.

It seems MM spoke to them all for 45 minutes, but WR says we need to 'put him behind us....'

If these two snippets are true, my estimation of Wayne Rooney has rocketed through the roof. Much more switched on than I could have ever imagined. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If it is true that the EFL knew we had changed the way we did the amortisation change and accepted it which was legal then all the common sense would suggest any point deductions related to that should be a suspended point deduction to not do it again? And in all probability that’s all it should ever had been. There is an opportunity for the EFL to call it a day.

That's certainly the DCFC viewpoint. Given the political situation and at least one breach of £4m in the reatated accounts I would be very surprised if we don't get clobbered with a hefty deduction because it's the EFL.

Wayne has set the team a challenge to make history by staying up. Evidently no team in our position has done this before but it is just about possible.

The hairs stood up on the back of neck when he said that he was willing to fight for this club and talked about how he felt for the players and all the Pride Park staff and how broken hearted he would be to see any of them lose their job. He has been helping out financially purchasing equipment that is needed in training but  I think he was very reluctant to dwell on the subject and embarrassed it had been mentioned.

I just can't get my head round the fact that MM hasn't spoken to him since 9th. August - not even a phone call. He was asked if he was upset not to receive an apology from MM but he said mm didn't need to apologise to him but said that he thought his behaviour was 'disrespectful, if I'm honest' and that he was 'a little bit disappointed'. Talk about restraint! 

Wayne Rooney is a credit to this Club.

I was pretty anti-Rooney, up until probably the middle of this summer. I couldn't understand why, with our problems, he still wanted to be here. And I was annoyed that without our problems, Mel probably would have pulled the trigger long before the crunch-match against Sheffield Wednesday.

However, as more and more has come out about what has been happening behind the scenes, the better Rooney is coming out of this. People will point to his win-record and say X amount of wins in X amount of games, but right now I don't think that matters. He has completely the right attitude, personality and resolve that we need the manager of this Club to have right now.

There is no guarantee any other manager with a proven track record would get anything more out of this team, and the players clearly want to fight for him. It's ironic that this might be one of the most united squads and coaching team we've had during Mel's tenure, given everything going on around it.

Whatever happens, Rooney should always be held in high regard by Derby County, he's a credit to himself and everybody else involved.

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He is correct but i'd rather all point deductions be applied this season than split into next year too

But if it was 12 this season and say 9 next season we could still potentially stay up for two consecutive seasons with those punishments. They won't be noteworthy seasons as a result, but we could maintain championship status and the income that it brings. 

45 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

My worry with what Rooney has said is that he will plan for League 1 if we get more points deductions, which makes sense, but he also said the EFL wont want that as it may discredit the rest of the Championship season - this may put off the EFL issuing us the additional point deductions this season and may wait until next season

This is a super bad idea as it will leave us open to more points deductions see EFL regulation 24

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Guidance

From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's certainly the DCFC viewpoint. Given the political situation and at least one breach of £4m in the reatated accounts I would be very surprised if we don't get clobbered with a hefty deduction because it's the EFL.

We have already been punished for overspending … a 12 point deduction and administration. Anything more is double counting… and Efl criticise us for our poor accounting!

6 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Guidance

From the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a League game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the League game before.

Additional EFL guidance for Championship teams with a stadium in the DE postcode area:

All outfield players will have their bootlaces tied together whilst on the field of play.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We have already been punished for overspending … a 12 point deduction and administration. Anything more is double counting… and Efl criticise us for our poor accounting!

Two separate issues. Insolvency is one, P&S issues a different thing. Yes, both linked to overspend but if you shot a guy whilst robbing a bank you'd be charged with both.

A bulldog spirit in our Gathering Storm and our Darkest Hour. Wayne Rooney's leadership so far has been quite Churchillian.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

In the face of adversity, some good emerges. He deserves to succeed at the end of all of this.

Whatever happens, I think we will always be grateful for his conduct throughout this crisis.