Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

Thanks to Ollycutts - a very speedy and accurate summary of the press conference. The bit he missed because of the noise level was that there is a “distinct possibility” of a further points deduction. To me, that was the only downside from a very positive press conference. 

Edited by Arsene Titman

5 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Thanks to Ollycutts - a very speedy and accurate summary of the press conference. The bit he missed because of the noise level was that there is a “distinct possibility” of a further points deduction. To me, that was the only downside from a very positive press conference.

Just listening back on RD now before Rooney's presser. The emphasis was on we're in talks with the EFL but there may be ... in other words we can't speak too soon, but ??? #COYR

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ed Dawes just said when he spoke to Rooney at the weekend that he said after the interview that he hadn't spoke to Mel for 6 months, that is ridiculous!

Rooney told him that 'off microphone'! FFS Dawes.

Just had the guy talking to Dawes say 'you told me this before off mic.'

Useless!

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just a note of caution, as part of their brief is as salemen to try to say "we've got a great bargain investment here at Derby County" you've got to expect, at this point at least, that they're going to be all full of hope, strong future, lots of interest.

If they'd come right out and said "this going to be very difficult, we are going to have to see what we can do to return some value to creditors" it'd be game over.

I came to post this but figured I'd check if someone beat me to it!

People obviously want to be hopeful but I think managing expectations will be better for us as a fan base. We don't want attendances to start dwindling when we still need them months down the line, because a buyer hasn't been found yet and people had their hopes up it would be done before January...

Having spoken to pals of mine from Wigan and Bolton they said there was the exact same feeling given to them from their respective admins. Both clubs have been through a hell of a lot of pain since. 

Mel has made such a mess of Derby County as a business I personally reckon we'll still be looking for new buyers come September 2022. 

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

MSD put the club into admin according to the administrators.

Because they did a "study" and decided that administration was the best path in the circumstances

That doesn't rule out the @CornwallRam hypothesis - in fact it sort of fits

MSD just want their money back - they have zero interest in DCFC as a club

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Because they did a "study" and decided that administration was the best path in the circumstances

That doesn't rule out the @CornwallRam hypothesis - in fact it sort of fits

MSD just want their money back - they have zero interest in DCFC as a club

I've forgotten what the 'point' was that was supposedly doing the rounds. Too many other posts and Waynes presser.

28 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Said couldn’t rule out further deductions and would be working to reduce any. Didn’t directly say there will be. That’s the way I interpreted it. 

They've taken on that discussion now as they control the club. The situation is as it was before, it needs resolving. Going from Mel's interview on Sunday, we have at least 1 breach of £4m which also protentially affects things in other periods - hence the words about being punished for the same thing multipul times - but I think it's inevitable we get more points deducted this season. The key thing is going to be digesting everything that's coming in this season so next season we at least start on 0 without deductions hanging over us.

They obviously can't say anything other than what they saaid in the presser at the current moment, but my bet would be on us getting the -9.