Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I believe -

Mel owns the stadium but his loans from MSD used this as collateral

We lease the land Moor Farm is on from Derby City Council?

The training ground sits in Erewash doesn’t it? When I lived in Oakwood the border was Morley Road.

I’m now back in Erewash and remember (maybe 4 years ago?) a councillor was petitioning against an expansion to the training group… obviously not a fan.

Edited by sawley_ram

3 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

I thought someone had commented days ago that the Locko Park Estate owned the land upon which Moor Farm was built? 

No idea about lease arrangements or asset ownership, just repeating the above.... any property bods might wise us up further.

I'm sure Mel said it was 100 years. That was when Clement was here.

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Was it Doncaster who had to get rid of their stadium cos it kept sending them into administration? We probably couldnt afford pride park if we go too far down the pyramid (although we dont own it anyway)

Darlington I think. 

Some mad owner built a 30,000 + capacity stadium for a club that averaged about 3k.

27 minutes ago, Ramos said:

They said there’s two very credible interested parties already and emphasised one party has been in for the club previously. Said their job is to also wheedle out the ones who put their name forward with no credibility or funds to support. Ie you’re Alonsos. I think they said some of those already circuling have high net worth - they sounded very upbeat about getting a deal done. 

They'll hope to get well paid then! #handinhand

I know that Mel is hardly the most popular character around here at present and I'm not attempting to defend him, just asking a question of those on here with more financial expertise than me.

There is a rumour that Mel has paid off MSD and taken full control back of PPS and MF. If (huge if) that's true, is it possible that he's actually acting in the best interests if the club?

He's put the club into administration, but effectively stripped out its assets. Players can't be sold until January, so they don't offer immediate liquidity. So the unsecured creditors have very little leverage. This means they will have to accept the minimum (I think) 25p in the pound for a CVA, allowing the debts to be slashed for a new owner.

In this scenario, Mel could then sell PPS and MF to the new owners for the cost of the MSD loan.

Does that seem credible/ possible?

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

There is a rumour that Mel has paid off MSD and taken full control back of PPS and MF. If (huge if) that's true, is it possible that he's actually acting in the best interests if the club?

He's put the club into administration, but effectively stripped out its assets.

MSD put the club into admin according to the administrators.

12 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

The training ground sits in Erewash doesn’t it? When I lived in Oakwood the border was Morley Road.

I’m now back in Erewash and remember (maybe 4 years ago?) a councillor was petitioning against an expansion to the training group… obviously not a fan.

It is in Erewash and I believe I saw something the other day saying we leased the land off the Locko Estate (somebody might confirm that?).

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Don’t worry Cosmic. Morris and Pearce were closing in on a shirt sponsorship deal with a new hydrated water/drinks company. Really good deal. £7m over 3 years I heard. Simple rubber stamp for them Administrators.

47 minutes ago, observer said:

could the argument of the £80m value be used if he sold it back to the new owner for £40

surely if the main tenant is in administration the asset value reduces??

Surely they get the Stadium in the deal, won’t have to cough up for that as well as taking on the debts…

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Moor farm is owned by someone else and is on a long lease and will continue to have use of it. 

PPS is not owned by the football club but has a verbal agreement from landlord to continue to play games there. 

Not looking to get rid of Rooney. 

Positive conversations with Rooney and the coaching squad.

Opened positive dialogue with EFL. The EFL want Derby to continue but there will be further points deduction. 

Said couldn’t rule out further deductions and would be working to reduce any. Didn’t directly say there will be. That’s the way I interpreted it.