Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

14 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s not. Derby were in a certain situation prior to Covid. If they can prove those circumstances were manageable but Covid was an unpredictable, unforeseen (force majeur ) spanner in the works then it fails comprehensively. Force majeur by definition is something you can’t predict for yourself in your particular circumstances.  Other club’s situations are irrelevant . E.G Derby had a financial recovery / trading plan plan in place that assumed £ 10,000,000 ticket income. This was needed but it as also a conservative and reasonable assumption based on past history. Covid came along and the 10 mill became zero … That was unforseable force majeur. 

Other clubs had different situations, they might have had more padding that allowed them to avoid our situation but that doesn’t alter the force majeur as it affected us. 

Then Covid is just a contributing factor to the clubs demise, that word SOLEY in the EFL rules has been drafted to make the force Majeur event the single one event that is wholly attributable to the clubs fall into administration.

12 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Then Covid is just a contributing factor to the clubs demise, that word SOLEY in the EFL rules has been drafted to make the force Majeur event the single one event that is wholly attributable to the clubs fall into administration.

If what mel said is true (big if) It took 20m off our 30m revenue streams… id say thats pretty conclusive 

15 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Please give an example of what you consider to be force Majeur in football terms ?

Wazza Rooney is a Ram, is a Ram,

Wazza Rooney is Ram, He hates Morris !!!

Great to hear someone taking ownership / leading the club.

Not bothered about the prospect of league one, a dominion of vocal chairpersons, a spineless, structureless  entity that is the EFL will endevour to relegate us regardless of results on the pitch.

Feeling much more positive following the events of today and the unity being displayed by fans has really shown that we are a prospect for potential buyers. More importantly, a step forward to securing the future of Derby County FC.

COYR 

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I’ll be intrigued now if previous years accounts are released and show the P&S position and if the 9 points actually equals the level of spend over the £39 million.

Probably not - anyway Trevor Birch of the EFL just said we agreed to the 3 point suspended penalty for not paying our players for two weeks when the sale didn’t go through in January so we couldn’t complain what the other team got for not paying players for four months ( Sheffield Wednesday) I did say when that was announced that the wording was important - anyway if the administrator accepts a 9 point deduction expect a different penalty for Reading FC in comparison to our potential breach 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Please give an example of what you consider to be force Majeur in football terms ?

Any single event which would drive a club into administration.

The most extreme would be a bomb attack on a ground which destroyed the ground and killed the staff. 

A single event, solely has a clear definition which is why it was included in the EFLs rules

not involving anyone or anything else; 

I hope the club doesn’t incur the -9 points but I think it’s unlikely due manner in which the EFL rule is drafted.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Probably not - anyway Trevor Birch of the EFL just said we agreed to the 3 point suspended penalty for not paying our players for two weeks when the sale didn’t go through in January so we couldn’t complain what the other team got for not paying players for four months ( Sheffield Wednesday) I did say when that was announced that the wording was important - anyway if the administrator accepts a 9 point deduction expect a different penalty for Reading FC in comparison to our potential breach 

...yeah....that's kind of missing the point Trev.

5 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Any single event which would drive a club into administration.

The most extreme would be a bomb attack on a ground which destroyed the ground and killed the staff. 

A single event, solely has a clear definition which is why it was included in the EFLs rules

not involving anyone or anything else; 

I hope the club doesn’t incur the -9 points but I think it’s unlikely due manner in which the EFL rule is drafted.

So like a covid pandemic then

41 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Nope ! As I said before … they had a reasonable plan that was working. It was entirely and singularly derailed by Covid. That is force majeur 

where do you get your “contributing factor” 

Sorry I struggle to see your logic …

Functioning entity with reasonable plan to resolve acknowledged  difficulties.

The only thing that interrupted that plan was Covid. It didn’t “contribute” … you died when you fell in the sea. The fall didn’t kill you, there was a bit of drop, but people were there with ropes and life rafts .. but then a shark ate you … Force Majeur 

A pandemic of a type that is at best a once in 100 year event ( and before Spanish flu we are talking once in 300 years ) This event reduced club income  income by 90% 

its force majeur .. not a contributing factor 

Edited by jono

3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

THe most iniquitous aspect of all this is that the EFL is punishing the wrong people, i.e. the supporters. None us us got us into this mess.

Are you sure? I seem to recall thousands singing at GSE and then wanting “local” ownership. 

be careful what you wish for! (Not you personally as I don’t recall your stance)

10 minutes ago, jono said:

Nope ! As I said before … they had a reasonable plan that was working. It was entirely and singularly derailed by Covid. That is force majeur 

where do you get your “contributing factor” 

Sorry I struggle to see your logic …

Functioning entity with reasonable plan to resolve acknowledged  difficulties.

The only thing that interrupted that plan was Covid. It didn’t “contribute” … you died when you fell in the sea. The fall didn’t kill you, there was a bit of drop, but people were there with ropes and life rafts .. but then a shark ate you … Force Majeur 

A pandemic of a type that is at best a once in 100 year event ( and before Spanish flu we are talking once in 300 years ) This event reduced club income  income by 90% 

its force majeur .. not a contributing factor 

Force Majeur Doug McClure it’s just semantics.