Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I genuinely believe we will get new owners, that many of the woes of daft salaries and unsustainable finances will, to a certain extent be reset. I also know we will go down, but I’ll be shouting for the team at every home game. We can ride that, they still play football worth watching in league 1 and we can come back. 

My huge huge fear is a second major deduction … so we end up in league one, on minus points with quality players leaving, the guts ripped out of us and the smell of death hanging over us. why would they stay, why would anyone want to join ? The after shocks would just go on. 

I think you highlight one of the realistic better case scenarios. I.e. We get taken over quickly, we clear or mostly clear the debt, the stuff with the EFL is resolved, we go down but retain a good amount of the current squad/academy talent and essentially hit league 1 with a clean slate. I think if that happens we could probably bounce back and rebuild fairly quickly.

The issues come if either a new buyer isn't found quickly or the stuff with the EFL continues to rumble on past this season.

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Please don’t presume to tell me what I would have said. Given what we now know about P&S, I think the 9 points offered to Mel was harsh. I think the administrators could have whittled it down to 4 or 5 points and I think it’s a grave mistake to say they will accept 9 so soon. 

If we have a buyer lined up and this will be the last points deduction we could effectively start our league 1 rebuild come jan.

It’s a shame it kills the season for us but we fight on, still many games to attend and memories to be made.

"However, Hosking also warned of more short-term pain as they prepare to agree a sanction with the Football League after previous owner Mel Morris was found guilty of breaking financial regulations.

“We’d want to have clarity with the Football League and have that effectively encapsulated,” he said.

“We wouldn’t want to be passing that on to a prospective purchaser. We want certainty and we don’t want a prospective purchaser then having to divert his attention to try and get a solution with the Football League.

“There is going to be pain for both the employees of this club and the football staff, that pain needs to be dealt with in one fell swoop.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/23/Derby-set-additional-nine-point-deduction-ending-lingering-hopes/

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think you highlight one of the realistic better case scenarios. I.e. We get taken over quickly, we clear or mostly clear the debt, the stuff with the EFL is resolved, we go down but retain a good amount of the current squad/academy talent and essentially hit league 1 with a clean slate. I think if that happens we could probably bounce back and rebuild fairly quickly.

The issues come if either a new buyer isn't found quickly or the stuff with the EFL continues to rumble on past this season.

I just feel it coming … we end up with minus 16 and just before we go down the EFL announce (regretfully ?) that after much research and diligence we are due another 9 from the beginning of next season. Surely someone dispassionate like an administrator must be able to get the EFL to be up front about what they want and what they are going to do about all sanctions for past deeds. They have months to do it. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"However, Hosking also warned of more short-term pain as they prepare to agree a sanction with the Football League after previous owner Mel Morris was found guilty of breaking financial regulations.

“We’d want to have clarity with the Football League and have that effectively encapsulated,” he said.

“We wouldn’t want to be passing that on to a prospective purchaser. We want certainty and we don’t want a prospective purchaser then having to divert his attention to try and get a solution with the Football League.

“There is going to be pain for both the employees of this club and the football staff, that pain needs to be dealt with in one fell swoop.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/23/Derby-set-additional-nine-point-deduction-ending-lingering-hopes/

Sounds like agreeing this puts it all to bed. If that’s the case then so be it. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I get this but the problem I have is that it doesn't necessarily mean that the punishment is going to fit the crime. Its just going to be that the administrators will roll over and just let the efl relegate us in order that they can sell us. 

Basically means the whole season is literally for nothing. Guess it's better than no football club but seems like it's a case of literally see you next year in league 1.

38 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Wayne has set the team a challenge to make history by staying up. Evidently no team in our position has done this before but it is just about possible.

Regarding first to stay up with 12+ points deducted? Wouldn't be the first to survive an admin deduction (Championship or EFL). Since 2008:

Bury - kicked out
Wigan - minus 12 points in Championship, 2 points away from safety.
Bolton - minus 12 points in L1, rock bottom
Coventry2 - minus 10 in L1, 4 clear of bottom 4
Coventry1 - minus 10 in L1, 7 clear of bottom 4
Port Vale - minus 10 in L2, 15 clear of bottom 2

Portsmouth2 - minus 10 in Championship, 8 points away from safety
Plymouth - minus 10 in L1, 6 points away from safety
Portsmouth1 - minus 9 in PL, rock bottom
Crystal Palace - minus 10 in Championship, 2 points clear of bottom 3
Stockport - minus 10 in L1, rock bottom
Southampton - minus 10 in L1, 7 points off playoffs, 23 clear of bottom 3
Darlington - minus 10 in L2, 7 points off playoffs, 25 clear of bottom 3
Rotherham2 - minus 17 in L2, 11 points off playoffs, 21 clear of bottom 2
Bournemouth2 - minus 17 in L2, 9 clear of bottom 2
Rotherham1 - minus 10 in L2, 14 points off playoffs, 22 clear of bottom 2

Bournemouth1 - minus 10 in L1, 2 points away from safety

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

THe most iniquitous aspect of all this is that the EFL is punishing the wrong people, i.e. the supporters. None us us got us into this mess.

iniquitousBaby Reaction GIF

I had to google the above word, I thought it was very...iniquitous...of you to post that

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I just feel it coming … we end up with minus 16 and just before we go down the EFL announce (regretfully ?) that after much research and diligence we are due another 9 from the beginning of next season. Surely someone dispassionate like an administrator must be able to get the EFL to be up front about what they want and what they are going to do about all sanctions for past deeds. They have months to do it. 

The EFL are dealing with professionals now and not Morris. They will give us due punishment and we will have it legally tied up. Personally I don’t care if it’s 4 or 44 as I think we will be in league one regardless. For the first time in months I feel the bottom of this mess may be in sight. At least when we finally get there. The only way is up COYR

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

John Percy has confirmed the players will be paid this month and the administrators are reluctantly going to accept the 9 point deductions for P&S

If they accept it, then we must have broken a written rule. Mel must have been lying that we complied with all the efl rules then.

but then again the Administrators have nothing to lose by giving in and taking the max hit.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see a simple breakdown of which rules we have broken and the penalty for breaking each.

W

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Anybody else get the feeling we might have a buyer lined up imminently? If not why else we would be so happy to rush this through, we could have dragged this out for a while longer but it seems we could be giving a new owner a complete clean slate.

wouldnt be surprised if this was MSD

They have had time to set up and orchastrate what they want??

7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Anybody else get the feeling we might have a buyer lined up imminently? If not why else we would be so happy to rush this through, we could have dragged this out for a while longer but it seems we could be giving a new owner a complete clean slate.

The administrators role is to tie it up as quickly  and neatly as possible. They realistically know they are selling a league one club with massive potential. Not saying a buyer isn’t waiting in the wings and hopefully there is but they would operate like this regardless