Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

12 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

But what would be the point?  No time - need those who want to be here, and fast. 

If he's playing consistently and well we get game time and probably more than 400k.  I just don't think it's right. We've had too many players jumping ship this summer without the facility to stop it .  This time we have. 

I've watched a lot of Bundesliga this season and think Buchanan could do well there.

He is a great header of the ball, decent going forward (could improve his end product)  but has a tendency to switch off or lose the physical battles. Will face less of those in Germany as they tend to want to play football rather than wrestling. 

Because he's a quiet lad there has been a tendency to think he hasn't given his all for the team, I just think it's his style. 

Will be interesting to see who we replace him with as we lost our two best academy prospects at left back and young Will Grewal-Pollard not quite ready imo.

Fozzy would be great if he can stay fit, but he's another that divides opinion! 

16 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Blimey, I clicked on that link the first part is about Ronaldo wanting to leave Man Utd

I thought you linked it cause he might come to us , then I saw the Buchanan piece lower down ??

It wasn’t until I’d shared the link, I realised the whole thing had copied ???

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think he was quite overrated from the get-go with fans willing him to be better than Max Lowe. 

I don’t want any player here that doesn’t want to be here so he can go for whatever for all I care. 

Thought he improved a fair bit, he was rank bad when he first started playing.

Ended up being, ‘meh’.

Think I’d still prefer Fozzy.

A shame the lads decided to jump ship. I thought he could have been an integral part of of our team this season. Good luck to him, I just hope we get reasonably compensated. 

It's hard to take our academy assets being pillaged. The retaining of Cashin and Thompson has definitely softened the blow and are arguably the ones most of us would have kept given the choice. 

30 minutes ago, cannable said:

Thought he improved a fair bit, he was rank bad when he first started playing.

Ended up being, ‘meh’.

Think I’d still prefer Fozzy.

Lowe was excellent when his first came into the side. The problem was, it then took until Cocu took charge for him to get another real chance in the side. We won the first 5 games he started - 90 minutes in all of them, including Leeds, Cardiff, Wolves and Norwich. He was the standout player in that Wolves game.

Lampard clearly didn't want him in the squad, throwing him in against Leeds (twice) to prove a point and sending him out on loan.

So much wasted potential due to poor management and bad recruitment. Warnock, Olsson, Malone, Cole. Even Anya and Weimann were used at LWB.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

I think in an ideal situation, he extends his contract, we agree to sell if a decent fee comes along. 

If no one bids, he has a year to show he's head and shoulders above the rest here and leaves on a free next season.

Unfortunately, he will have an agent throwing all these figure at him, and that's taken over.

I rate him as a prospect but I have a feeling we will be playing in the premierleague before he is

32 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

It's not jumping ship, it's progression, give the young lad a break and wish him well in his future endeavors. 

He's shat on the club and we've eaten it bizarrely.  Should have been made to stay.  Can only assume those who are staying weren't keen to play with him.  He's forced this so I wish him no luck whatsoever. And they called Rowett a snake.  This whoppers an Anaconda

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lowe was excellent when his first came into the side. The problem was, it then took until Cocu took charge for him to get another real chance in the side. We won the first 5 games he started - 90 minutes in all of them, including Leeds, Cardiff, Wolves and Norwich. He was the standout player in that Wolves game.

Lampard clearly didn't want him in the squad, throwing him in against Leeds (twice) to prove a point and sending him out on loan.

So much wasted potential due to poor management and bad recruitment. Warnock, Olsson, Malone, Cole. Even Anya and Weimann were used at LWB.

Lowe had a strange career with us. Extremely well hyped in the academy for years, even from a very young age he had a buzz about him, but took a while to get a chance and then never really showed any upside. He was extremely strong in the tackle, but he was very poor as an attacking full back - never really had any quality going forward. A lot of similarities between him and Buchanan IMO. He tried to hand Huddersfield promotion in his last appearance, but the refs didn't want their homes blowing up. 

Buchanan has played 70 Championship games now, provided 4 assists and 0 goals. I think he's probably more suited to a LCB role, but who knows - he's shown not much more than Jamie Hanson did (another limited player, albeit a different skillset).