Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I am not sure that is right...its about the change in ltd company that is set up to buy.  That's the impact of TUPE.

'THE DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' still exists, and this is the company Buchanan has/had a contract with. It's the owner of this company which has changed hands.

It was Mel's 'SEVCO 5112 LIMITED' and is now 'CLOWES DEVELOPMENTS (UK) LIMITED'

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I am not sure that is right...its about the change in ltd company that is set up to buy.  That's the impact of TUPE.

Which would say that every footballer can walk away when a new owner takes over at a club ?

The agent of Lee Buchanan has told

@BILD_Werder

that Werder are paying no fee for the 21-year-old. This comes after a report from

@reluctantnicko

earlier today saying that Derby's insolvency administrator had agreed with the league association EFL to set a £400k release clause.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Which would say that every footballer can walk away when a new owner takes over at a club ?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

'THE DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' still exists, and this is the company Buchanan has/had a contract with. It's the owner of this company which has changed hands.

It was Mel's 'SEVCO 5112 LIMITED' and is now 'CLOWES DEVELOPMENTS (UK) LIMITED'

Again, thats not the point.  So far as I understand, Clowes has purchased the business and assets.  As it was in administration a new 'company' needed to be set up as this is the only way to avoid full 'liability' to non-football creditors.  

55 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Anything to the Derby supporters ?

I wonder if DC is minded to take this to the Court of Arbitration for Sport? A contract freely entered into isn't easily disregarded. 

Sounds like his reps need a punch up the throat though. 

21 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Again, thats not the point.  So far as I understand, Clowes has purchased the business and assets.  As it was in administration a new 'company' needed to be set up as this is the only way to avoid full 'liability' to non-football creditors.  

As far as I understand, you're misinformed. 'THE DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' continues to operate and there is no change to existing contracts.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

@BILD_Werder

that Werder are paying no fee for the 21-year-old. This comes after a report from

@reluctantnicko

earlier today saying that Derby's insolvency administrator had agreed with the league association EFL to set a £400k release clause.

Did I read that Lee's agent Marco Gabbiadini?
If so, that'll be a double punch to the gut, no fee for someone that's come through the ranks on a technicality and 30 years of thinking Marco was one of the few in that expensively assembled Pickering team that actually cared about the club.

This is a thread that just keeps giving.

Derby fans getting in a stew about, and giving pelters, to a young player who (allegedly) has ‘robbed’ the Club of banking about £1m because of administrative disadvantage, just a day or two after the Club ‘robbed’ unsecured creditors of about £35m because of administration disadvantage.

Hello. This is the football industry we are discussing, not real life.

Now This News Fire GIF

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As far as I understand, you're misinformed. 'THE DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' continues to operate and there is no change to existing contracts.

Im pretty confident that I am not.  We have been sold as a 'going concern'. The administration process (due to us being insolvent) and being sold to a new owner (Clowes) brings about TUPE regs.

Take a look at this...

https://www.brabners.com/blogs/effect-football-creditors-rule-staff-wages-event-efl-clubs-insolvency

9 minutes ago, Quagga said:

Did I read that Lee's agent Marco Gabbiadini?
If so, that'll be a double punch to the gut, no fee for someone that's come through the ranks on a technicality and 30 years of thinking Marco was one of the few in that expensively assembled Pickering team that actually cared about the club.

He's the football 'consultant' for the agency who has Buchanan as one of their 'clients' 

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Im pretty confident that I am not.  We have been sold as a 'going concern'. The administration process (due to us being insolvent) and being sold to a new owner (Clowes) brings about TUPE regs.

Take a look at this...

https://www.brabners.com/blogs/effect-football-creditors-rule-staff-wages-event-efl-clubs-insolvency

TUPE only applies if contracts are transfered from 'THE DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED' to another company. This is not the case.

The ownership of 'The Club' is transferring, so TUPE does not apply.

The question remains, does Lee Buchanan have a contract which ties him to Derby County for a further 12 months???

If so then whoever he signs for has to agree a few with us for his transfer otherwise we withhold his registration.

If this is not met we should make the little turncoat play with the under 9s till next summer

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

@BILD_Werder

@reluctantnicko

This is odd, Bild is the main paper in Germany so I guess they’re fairly reliable so maybe the agent is misinformed or full of BS. Regardless of Buchanan’s contract circumstance they would have to pay us something. If this extension clause is valid they’d have to pay a fee to sign him, if the clause isn’t valid and he’s leaving as a free agent they have to compensate us as he’s under the age of 24 and has been trained by the club for a number of years up to and including his 21st year of age. There’s no scenario in which they get to pay no money, what the money is could vary depending on what is ruled regarding the contract clause, assuming the reports around all of this are accurate.