Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

On 19/06/2022 at 17:45, DCFC1388 said:

The EFL have published our retained list and Buchanan is on it so the contract has been approved by them. His agent needs to start convicing the interested teams to show how much they want him by paying enough for him not trying to wriggle out of a contract. We have turned bids down of over £1m for him previously.

Cough - Cough !! .......Didn't they approve something else a bit back ? 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Not bothered if he goes. I'd try to keep Fozzy and just use another youth player as backup.

I think Fozzy might struggle to manage 46 plus games. Can be a decent first choice but need need a back up better than a youth player…

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Fozzy might struggle to manage 46 plus games. Can be a decent first choice but need need a back up better than a youth player…

I disagree. Fozzy will be fine for a good chunk of games and we need to concentrate on more important areas for improvement. A youth player will be more than adequate cover for him. For me Buchanan is no different to another youth player. He barely played last year when we had a ragtag team of freebies and youth and I don't think we will particularly miss him.

We're under very strict limitations and need to build an entire squad from scratch. Left back can be covered by a youth player and Fozzy. We have far more pressing concerns further up the pitch that need to be rectified first and we don't have a vast wealth of resource to do so.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

I disagree. Fozzy will be fine for a good chunk of games and we need to concentrate on more important areas for improvement. A youth player will be more than adequate cover for him. For me Buchanan is no different to another youth player. He barely played last year when we had a ragtag team of freebies and youth and I don't think we will particularly miss him.

We're under very strict limitations and need to build an entire squad from scratch. Left back can be covered by a youth player and Fozzy. We have far more pressing concerns further up the pitch that need to be rectified first and we don't have a vast wealth of resource to do so.

Which youth player?

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Derby fans never cease to amaze me. 21 year old who has represented England at U19, U20 and U21 level, and he’s not considered good enough by many for our forthcoming season in League 1. I do hope we can hold onto him, and he matures into a quality defender for us over the next few years along with Cashin.

I think its just that people see him as disloyal. Unfortunately fans don't get it that players are in it for the money, they do have loyalty to a degree but not like fans do