Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

It has been said on Twitter and DT that TUPE allows for the extension to be ripped up. I have dealt with TUPE before and have never seen such an exemption. If the extension has been exercised then I don’t see how he can sign for Bremen? 

i would thought that it is LB that is in breach of breaking his contract and that UEFA should block any transfer. 

any lawyers got a view ?

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

It has been said on Twitter and DT that TUPE allows for the extension to be ripped up. I have dealt with TUPE before and have never seen such an exemption. If the extension has been exercised then I don’t see how he can sign for Bremen? 

i would thought that it is LB that is in breach of breaking his contract and that UEFA should block any transfer. 

any lawyers got a view ?

Yes but it'll cost you - big time!

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Previous regime’s cash flow problems summed up in a tweet.

It’s not just over spending, it was the over valuation of our players too. 

To be fair, every club publicly overvalues their players just in case a Mel Morris type comes along with a fat wallet. I don't doubt in reality that, if we'd received an offer of £3-5m for Buchanan, he'd have been sold. 

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Mention of Dylan Williams coming back has got me thinking about another former LB. Come home Archie ? He’s surely had enough of Toblerone by now ?

He spent nearly the whole of last season out injured, but he posted a photo of himself out on the pitch a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully will get a full season in.

We’re awfully quiet on this one. I suspect we’re consulting the legality of it and planning our move accordingly.
The club owns the players registration and that’s transferred as part of any sale. However the player could rip up his employment contract… we can’t stop him doing that. However as we own the registration, we could theoretically prevent him from being registered with anyone until next season.
Personally I would try to come to some arrangement with WB, but £400k is too short. 

52 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

any lawyers got a view ?

happened at Glasgow rangers apparently

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

any lawyers got a view ?

I have heard we are getting £1 million for him and if true it’s a bit better