Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

£5 Million for a player who constantly kicks it out of play.

Forsyth would be my first choice LB (If both are here).

I'd take 500k plus future incentives for Buchanan.

Couples Therapy Reaction GIF seriously?  WTF

7 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I’m not a big fan of Buchanan, I’d like to see him sold this year anyway, but EFL shouldn’t really be stopping us taking up options for the good of the club. As long as we get a fee I’m happy 

Genuinely  believe if Fozzy had played more at the end of the season we’d have had a a few more points. He gave us an out ball when that Buchanan can’t. 

Fozzy had some shocking performances along with the good ones though. Deserved to be dropped for Buchanan on a few occasions

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

Good job your not our manager, you'd bankrupt us with your decisions.

He will not be sold for that derisory amount.

I wouldn't bankrupt us. 

I wouldnt hvae bought Anya and Blackman

Buchanan has something at both left back and centre half.

If we weren't in such a mess he may well have spent a season out on loan and developed further, especially his consistency. Although it does seem from the outside pressure and uncertainty got to him as well.

If he's here next season he needs to show up from day one of preseason or he's better off moved on. With a year left we either need to change that to a key player tied down for a few years, or to be cashing in whilst we can.

Would take low fee hefty add ons as the interested sides seem the type who could really boost his value again.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Buchanan has something at both left back and centre half.

If we weren't in such a mess he may well have spent a season out on loan and developed further, especially his consistency. Although it does seem from the outside pressure and uncertainty got to him as well.

If he's here next season he needs to show up from day one of preseason or he's better off moved on. With a year left we either need to change that to a key player tied down for a few years, or to be cashing in whilst we can.

Would take low fee hefty add ons as the interested sides seem the type who could really boost his value again.

Hell no

We need high fee for him and hefty sell on fee on him.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Nixon claiming that Buchanan’s agents think they can get out of the contract extension and that other clubs want him.

If true, then I think we can safely say the whole club wanting to stay is quickly coming apart.

Takeover required this week! 

As far as I know it was only Nixon who reported that Buchanan had been extended.

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just because we extended his contract doesn’t mean he can’t go?  Just means we get a bigger fee? Surely he wouldn’t begrudge the club that?

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

As far as I know it was only Nixon who reported that Buchanan had been extended.

On his latest post it looks like there’s an argument of if the extension can be exercised given our current situation and his agents think he’s available for free.

18 minutes ago, Mckram said:

On his latest post it looks like there’s an argument of if the extension can be exercised given our current situation and his agents think he’s available for free.

If they succeed in having the contract extension declared invalid by the EFL, I think the club should consider taking it to Arbitration or Court. They're trying to use a technicality to wriggle out of an agreement that their Client signed willingly and I think it's worth fighting. 

6 minutes ago, alram said:

just what the club need, another legal battle

The club needs money, and sometimes you have to fight to stop people lining their own pockets at your expense. They may not think its worth fighting, but if we can learn anything from Gibson at Boro is that standing up for what you think is right sometimes pays off. 

Remember when Davison turned down a move to Arsenal and a young Paul Blades turned down a move to Man Utd with Derby in Division 3 with about 6 players.  Don't get that now do you.  Another club doesn't push this unless he want's the move . Off you pop.  The club treated him very well a few years back - he owes us a year . Very disappointing.

No big loss.

More bothered about the ever reducing squad numbers, rather than the actual quality of player.

Neither Buchanan or Ebosele I'm actually too bothered about, we don't want players who are willing to circumnavigate rules to earn themselves a few extra quid, at the expense of the club who raised them and fans who sang their name.