Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Derby fans never cease to amaze me. 21 year old who has represented England at U19, U20 and U21 level, and he’s not considered good enough by many for our forthcoming season in League 1. I do hope we can hold onto him, and he matures into a quality defender for us over the next few years along with Cashin.

Who are you and what's happened to the acid tongued, razor witted i-Ram? ?

His agent will be saying he’s too good for league one. Which is probably right, but it seems loyalty is worth nothing nowadays.

Sign a two year deal, play yourself into a move away that benefits the club that trusted you.

I remember his game away to Forest under cocu, looked totally out his depth.  If it wasn’t for our situation he would still be in the stiffs with no first team experience.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

His agent will be saying he’s too good for league one. Which is probably right, but it seems loyalty is worth nothing nowadays.

Sign a two year deal, play yourself into a move away that benefits the club that trusted you.

I remember his game away to Forest under cocu, looked totally out his depth.  If it wasn’t for our situation he would still be in the stiffs with no first team experience.

I'm disappointed as the club showed a lot of loyalty to him a few years back that maybe wouldn't have been shown elsewhere.  Opens the floodgates mind if the action re the extension comes into play.  All those clubs struggling for money with players on a one year extension will be telling them there not having it due to a new legislative benchmark.  Works both ways .  The EFL/FA won't be keen on this, so my gut feeling is that it's a play to make his position untenable at the club and force a move .  I'd suggest one to the U23's.

Nixon reporting a compensation package has been agreed, with the player disputing his contract extension. 

£400k - which is applicable to both domestic and overseas moves. Not bad, all things considered. 

Disappointed he’s gone about it this way, but that’s the business. The fan in me wants nothing but the worst for him going forward.

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Nixon reporting a compensation package has been agreed, with the player disputing his contract extension. 

£400k - which is applicable to both domestic and overseas moves. Not bad, all things considered. 

Disappointed he’s gone about it this way, but that’s the business. The fan in me wants nothing but the worst for him going forward.

Ahh ok so he's saying that rather than both sides get involved in a lengthly legal dispute they've agreed to insert of buyout of £400k into the contract, is that the jist of it?

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think that’s nathan byrne 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Always came across as a bit lightweight to me….if we can get £400,000 for him great. Might need to loan a decent left back. Is Fozzy staying?

Agree with others about keeping players who want to be here and give something back, if Buchanan wants to move on then it’s thanks and goodbye time. Just have to trust/hope we’ve got a plan or at least options to replace him as left back isn’t one of the positions covered by any of the rumours so far, if Fozzy re-signs it’s less of an issue but we would need another option and there doesn’t seem to be as many left backs out there in the lists of free agents. Maybe a loan, a prem academy cast off or a small fee purchase from a league 1/2 club if allowed to reinvest some of the fee from Buchanan/Ebiowei? 

Want to add there’s no bitterness on my part, ideally would want to keep him as he’s been recognised by the England youth set up so must have something about him and I think he’s good at lb and a cb option. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram