Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

Let anyone that isn’t 100% committed go. We saw last season how commitment can go along way. An average player that gives his all is more useful then a very good player that’s only half arsed. We’ve seen for many years what you can expect from mercenaries and I’m happy to see the back of them. 

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No big loss.

More bothered about the ever reducing squad numbers, rather than the actual quality of player.

Neither Buchanan or Ebosele I'm actually too bothered about, we don't want players who are willing to circumnavigate rules to earn themselves a few extra quid, at the expense of the club who raised them and fans who sang their name.

Then you don’t see good players in front of you then 

11 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Let anyone that isn’t 100% committed go. We saw last season how commitment can go along way. An average player that gives his all is more useful then a very good player that’s only half arsed. We’ve seen for many years what you can expect from mercenaries and I’m happy to see the back of them. 

I think this is his agent is trying it on. I did read that the EFL said his contract extension was ok but anyway we would have the option to keep him or sell him and with all that said keeping Forsyth tends to become a lot more important 

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think this is his agent is trying it on. I did read that the EFL said his contract extension was ok but anyway we would have the option to keep him or sell him and with all that said keeping Forsyth tends to become a lot more important 

I may have maid this look as if I’m aiming this at Lee, I’m not, it’s meant in general.

I hope you’re right, 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Remember when Davison turned down a move to Arsenal and a young Paul Blades turned down a move to Man Utd with Derby in Division 3 with about 6 players.  Don't get that now do you.  Another club doesn't push this unless he want's the move . Off you pop.  The club treated him very well a few years back - he owes us a year . Very disappointing.

It's a two way street though just like fattening a turkey before Xmas - you pay for its upkeep and food but when the time is right you get the money back and more when someone wants it for their dinner table.

Only issue with this here is that Buchanan (or his agent) wants him to go for free so nullifying the money and time laid out on him.

I wouldn't think it disloyal if he furthered his career with another club and we got a big transfer fee back for him, win win.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a two way street though just like fattening a turkey before Xmas - you pay for its upkeep and food but when the time is right you get the money back and more when someone wants it for their dinner table.

Only issue with this here is that Buchanan (or his agent) wants him to go for free so nullifying the money and time laid out on him.

I wouldn't think it disloyal if he furthered his career with another club and we got a big transfer fee back for him, win win.

It's the circumnavigation that bothers me.  Similar to Ebosele. If they don't want to play here, be up front. Where will Derby get the cash to spend 40-50 k on legal fees over the next few months. The agent knows it, as does the player. 

The EFL have published our retained list and Buchanan is on it so the contract has been approved by them. His agent needs to start convicing the interested teams to show how much they want him by paying enough for him not trying to wriggle out of a contract. We have turned bids down of over £1m for him previously.

So assuming we can get a deal over the line prior to the apocalypse, we will begin next season in League 1. With this in mind, why in God's name are folk suggesting that Lee isn't good enough or superfluous to requirements?

So much for getting behind the players and a united club, fans, players et al. It's not taken some long to revert to sneery cynicism and slagging off anyone whose agent spreads a bit of muck, has it! 

SMDH

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So assuming we can get a deal over the line prior to the apocalypse, we will begin next season in League 1. With this in mind, why in God's name are folk suggesting that Lee isn't good enough or superfluous to requirements?

So much for getting behind the players and a united club, fans, players et al. It's not taken some long to revert to sneery cynicism and slagging off anyone whose agent spreads a bit of muck, has it! 

SMDH

Saying someone is overrated and not good enough is hardly slagging off now is it? Nor does it mean that I, or others are not behind the players. All it means is that I, as well as others find him not to be that good, and If he leaves and we get a bit of money, that's fine by me, won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

Edited by DanS1992

55 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Saying someone is overrated and not good enough is hardly slagging off now is it? Nor does it mean that I, or others are not behind the players. All it means is that I, as well as others find him not to be that good, and If he leaves and we get a bit of money, that's fine by me, won't lose any sleep over him leaving.

Your analysis was short on detail tbf. 

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

Your analysis was short on detail tbf. 

Fair enough.

Ok so where to start. Gives the ball away on a regular basis, and doesn't have great positional sense. Not strong enough on and off the ball, gets brushed off too easily. Also crossing is pretty awful. I suppose he is good in the air, so that's a start I suppose ?‍♂️

29 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Fair enough.

Ok so where to start. Gives the ball away on a regular basis, and doesn't have great positional sense. Not strong enough on and off the ball, gets brushed off too easily. Also crossing is pretty awful. I suppose he is good in the air, so that's a start I suppose ?‍♂️

Lilly Singh No GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

13 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Fair enough.

I'll give you the first two - passing needs to improve, though I think his positional sense is pretty good when he plays as a LSCB, where he played for most of his youth career. In Rooney's system as a LB/LWB, he's required to be in an unnatural position when we're in possession, so it's inevitable he'll be out of position when we lose the ball. Strength : definitely improved over the past season, took a fair battering at times and never hid, handled Brennan Johnson as well as anyone did last season. Crossing : yes, "could do better" but I could apply that criticism to most Derby full-backs of the last 20 years, including Fozzy. Byrne is usually reliable, but also could do better.

So as a 21 year old, I think there's allot to work with and I'm not surprised that a few teams are interested. You could have made very similar criticisms of Max Lowe when he was our player, and yet he was statistically one of the best LB/LWB in the division last season. Young players need to be given time to mature. 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not at the minute, we don't have any.

That’s not true is it but if you think that it shows your level of knowledge so at least everyone wouldn’t pursue the conversation further with yourself 

21 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Then you don’t see good players in front of you then 

It's a matter of opinion of course but Ebosele is not as good as some think.

I think he has a turn of speed but no end product. Everyone watching including the coaches saw it. After a year of coaching to presumably get him to look up and cross it saw no improvement at all. He'll do nothing in his career. Buchanan though, has a bit more about him and would prefer if he stayed.

• 2 weeks later...

Nixon’s response when asked about Buchanan going to Werder Bremen, initially said it depends if they’re willing to wait then said this. Probably is Buchanan and Byrne disputing their contracts if Nixon has accurate info, which I know many doubt.

Edit - Original tweet below.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added first tweet