Jozwiak

vonwright

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I thought he was very unfortunate to be substituted this afternoon.  Morrison had exhausted himself first half (he was everywhere).

Jozwiak was excellent. 

Yeah I thought the sub was going to be for either Sibley or Morrison both of whom looked knackered. Jozwiak still looked bright at that point. 

My take was it tactical with the fact forest we’re starting to have some joy with pace down their left. Definitely Joz’s best form for the club at the mo. I think our current approach suits him much better than lumping it randomly (unsurprisingly). Hope it continues as he’s had a bit of a baptism of fire to english football, but comes across as a nice guy, with talent that just needs unlocking.

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Is the reason he's not starting any games anymore because he's leaving/the club wants him to leave in January? Similar to what they've done to Marshall?

Maybe Rooney needs warriors at this moment and Joz is a bit lightweight.

Plus, if we do need to sell to buy in Jan, I think he’d make a good return.

No hard feelings, it’s not his fault he joined a club that turned into a freak show.

I think he's not in the team because he hasn't nailed down his spot and earned the shirt. He's been a bit better but not amazing and he's got to work his way back into the side.

He'll be back, it's just a "who do you drop for him?" And if you do, looking at Wednesday's lineup, why would it be him over Sibley?

Simplest answer is often the closest to the truth, he's fallen down the pecking order and needs to work his way back up

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

He was on international duty, returned but the next League game was too soon afterwards (Friday after Poland's game on the Wednesday). The team played well and the forward players kept their places.

Simple as that. No conspiracy. Just hasn't forced his way back in yet.

I agree with that hypothesis, however I would of thought he would of played some mins today but Rooney brought Ebosele on instead. So in reality he just not that good? Is he the Solis to Wanchope for Bielik? 

On 01/10/2021 at 18:04, Boycie said:

Maybe Rooney needs warriors at this moment and Joz is a bit lightweight.

Plus, if we do need to sell to buy in Jan, I think he’d make a good return.

No hard feelings, it’s not his fault he joined a club that turned into a freak show.

Probably get back what we paid, and we ain't paid that off yet according to reports 

5 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Nothing against him, you don’t command a £4million price tag if you’re no good, but a totally unnecessary signing at a time when we already didn’t have a pot to relieve ourselves in.

He was a signing we made with one eye on selling him for a profit.

Likewise Bielik.

They’re the type of signings Mel Morris should have targeted back in 2015. 

By the time we finally looked to sign players with the future in mind, it was too late for Mel.