Jozwiak

vonwright

The government decided that football could largely support itself through the pandemic, despite removing the means of maintaining cashflow from around 60 EFL clubs, including DCFC. Instead, they bunged billions into the Arts. Then they harumphed about the lack of any voluntary sharing of TV money by the PL with the rest of the pyramid. 

In the light of that, complaining about one of the foreseeable consequences of their policies is risible. 

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The government is us. If we decide we don't want them, we choose another set of our representatives to do the job.

Whether the government wastes it or not is,  not paying it is not Derby County's decision. 

The government is not us and the main source of taxpayers money goes to unelected officials.

but even if I accepted your take that it is our money , the debt is about 50p per taxpayer. I ain’t too hung up about that .50p Derby owe me about £100 in season ticket refund from 2019/20 I won’t see that again I’m sure.

I care much less about either of those than the existential threat to the football club .

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through the past posts on this thread in which people defend Jozwiak and berate me.

the state of his performance yesterday, all to familiar. Deserved to be dragged off and should have happened earlier. 

Oh well, his fan club will be out in force trying to convince me he’s good, LOL. 

Edited by belperram9

4 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Reading through the past posts on this thread in which people defend Jozwiak and berate me.

the state of his performance yesterday, all to familiar. Deserved to be dragged off and should have happened earlier. 

Oh well, his fan club will be out in force trying to convince me he’s good, LOL. 

We need to try and get as much money for him in January as possible and at least replace with someone who offers the team something.

To me he is like a boy trying to play a man's game.

6 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Those who LOL last, LOL best.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

On 13/10/2021 at 09:01, Crewton said:

The government decided that football could largely support itself through the pandemic, despite removing the means of maintaining cashflow from around 60 EFL clubs, including DCFC. Instead, they bunged billions into the Arts. Then they harumphed about the lack of any voluntary sharing of TV money by the PL with the rest of the pyramid. 

In the light of that, complaining about one of the foreseeable consequences of their policies is risible. 

Don’t share this perspective. First, the government realised that to support football clubs was to put tax payers’ money into the pockets of one of the highest paid groups of individuals in the county, professional footballers. And that to do that was politically (and morally) unacceptable. So it was never going to happen. 

As for the arts, from what I saw and heard, performing musicians and actors had as hard a time in covid as anyone, because their employment arrangements are often so flaky they fell between the cracks when it came to furlough etc 

Edited by kevinhectoring

I'd like to publicly apologise for wanting Jóźwiak to be a good player. It looks like I've fallen into the trap of supporting the team and the players. 

I shall revert to slagging him off as a failure. That's bound to help. With a bit of luck we can destroy his confidence, ruin his abilities and fail to get a good return on him when we sell him on. 

Does that sound like a good plan? 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd like to publicly apologise for wanting Jóźwiak to be a good player. It looks like I've fallen into the trap of supporting the team and the players. 

I shall revert to slagging him off as a failure. That's bound to help. With a bit of luck we can destroy his confidence, ruin his abilities and fail to get a good return on him when we sell him on. 

I thought he played really well on Tuesday night, really poorly on Saturday.

He hasn't had much football lately, but he does blow hot and cold. Still trying to figure out why. 

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It’s the Derby way.

Just now, i-Ram said:

It’s the Derby way.

It’s the football fan way. I don’t think fans from any club will be any different.

Football is the most subjective topic on the planet and it is acceptable for anyone, literally anyone no matter how limited their knowledge or insight to have an opinion that can’t actually be challenged, where it is possible to challenge the virtues of the most highly skilled and highly qualified in its industry…..doesn’t happen in any other profession quite like it does football. 

However that is part of the fun……

1 hour ago, angieram said:

but he does blow hot and cold. Still trying to figure out why.

I think that's true of most players at this level. Unfortunately it is more obvious in some positions than others. Lawrence, Sibley, Kazim, Fozzy, Byrne, all our keepers. have had or are having cold spells. Even the very top managers struggle to soert it out 

Fans love a scapegoat. He was one of our best players midweek, kept battling away and stopping Luton come forward with his tackling and ground duels. The amount of runs he made midweek only to be ignored was crazy. 

Saturday, sure, he had a poor game, but who didn't in the first half? It seems certain players are allowed to have poor games and some aren't, Jozwiak seems to be one that's not allowed a poor game without being abused. Best thing for him to do is leave in January to go to a team that will actually pass to him when he makes great runs and where he's not abused by his own fanbase every week.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I thought he played really well on Tuesday night, really poorly on Saturday.

He hasn't had much football lately, but he does blow hot and cold. Still trying to figure out why. 

Agreed. Thought his work rate was excellent on Tuesday against Luton, and he started to show the ability to turn on the spot with the ball and carry it into space, skipping past the opposition. Just want more of that.

Both he and Ebosele were all over the shop on Saturday. If one good performance doesn’t make him a good player, then 1 bad one doesn’t mean he’s rubbish. Just maddeningly inconsistent

I like him as a player, but can see why people are frustrated with his return. For an attacker, he doesn't have the end product we need right now and this gives his detractors ammo for their accusations.

For me, I can see that he could be a valuable player for us if he can rack up a few assists and goals, but he seems to not receive the ball when he makes his best runs or gets in his best positions. Not sure why really. I think Morrison is the most guilty of ignoring him in favour of finding another pass. This is just something I've noticed in games and I'm sure others have too.

I don't think it's any surprise that he had his best spell for us, and looked the most threatening, when Bielik was in the team and passing to him in some good areas. I seem to remember Kaz also linking up well with him before, so hopefully his return might see him getting some better chances with the ball and an on-field improvement.

Perhaps his team mates need to trust him more, or he needs to demand the ball more from them, to show what he can really do.

I can't believe how often he falls over. It's like he has foam ankles. 

He is tidy on the ball but has little in the way of pace and so never gets away from opponents for long. 

He needs players close to him to be effective where he creates space with a bit of trickery and can then release his pass.