Jozwiak

vonwright

Needs to be played on the left a heck of a lot more. Finally a game which actually suited him, first time in a long time he's been used correctly and he has a good game.

Although his chance came from the right there was some fluidity in the team's attacking areas which disappeared once he was swapped with SIbley permanently, and they both seemed far less effective once that happened.

Edited by Coconut

Just now, Coconut said:

Needs to be played on the left a heck of a lot more. Finally a game hich actually suited him, first time in a long time he's been used correctly and he has a good game.

Although his chance came from the right there was some fluidity in the team's attacking areas which disappeared once he was swapped with SIbley permanently.

The counter attacking football suited Jozwiak to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

could easily of had a couple of assists too if our finishing was better. 

Wish he had scored.  We were fluid tonight and it suits him perfectly - he wants to receive the ball on the move. Usually the cement has set around his feet when he receives it and he can’t cope with that. I’ve been losing faith in him but he showed tonight what he can do  

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wish he had scored.  We were fluid tonight and it suits him perfectly - he wants to receive the ball on the move. Usually the cement has set around his feet when he receives it and he can’t cope with that. I’ve been losing faith in him but he showed tonight what he can do  

he suits counter attacking football perfectly. The previous systems and style of play required him to be back defending too much and every time he got the ball there were too many opposition players around him. Give him a bit of space and he is electric. Yeah really wish he'd scored as well, deserved it. 

2 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

There were hints of an improvement in the cup game. He’s a confidence player. Needs supporting. 

it's not a confidence thing, it's a tactics thing.  We passed the ball forward to him quickly, meaning he actually had a bit of space rather than being surrounded by opposition players. It seems we played much more on the counter attack tonight and it suits Jozwiak (and a lot of our players actually).

On 16/08/2021 at 10:59, cheron85 said:

If that was indeed the point that people make then fine - Having read this thread and the posts within it a few times the majority of anti-Jozwiak posts just call him a bad player - That's not the same as 'the wrong fit' (which he may be)

As above - The volume of posters who claim he's poor is what I'm indicating

If there was even the slightest nuance to the posts I wouldn't have been quite so flippant - But the majority of the anti-Jozwiaks just call him poor - The fact he keeps getting picked to play for an international side ranked in the world's top 30 suggests he isn't

Ranked in the world top 30…. Oh, you mean below the mighty Iran, Ukraine, Japan, Austria, Peru, Senegal, Chilie, Switzerland and Wales…..yeah must be a great player then….

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ranked in the world top 30…. Oh, you mean below the mighty Iran, Ukraine, Japan, Austria, Peru, Senegal, Chilie, Switzerland and Wales…..yeah must be a great player then….

Yeah, international rankings are spot on. USA are definitely a top 10 international side. 

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He played well last night about time and long may it continue. But I couldn’t agree more with your post, I had a poster on here saying he was surrounded by world class players when playing for Poland, do me a favour, Lewandowski maybe but that’s it. All this if your an international then your a good player, utter nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

He played well last night about time and long may it continue. But I couldn’t agree more with your post, I had a poster on here saying he was surrounded by world class players when playing for Poland, do me a favour, Lewandowski maybe but that’s it. All this if your an international then your a good player, utter nonsense. 

Not world class, but Poland are a good team with good players. Who would expect to qualify for all Tournaments and progress to the knock out stages. It’s not like he’s an international for Malta. Every single player who starts for Poland walks into our team.

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Not world class, but Poland are a good team with good players. Who would expect to qualify for all Tournaments and progress to the knock out stages. It’s not like he’s an international for Malta. Every single player who starts for Poland walks into our team.

Joz was on the bench last week. I’m not having a go at him as I’m so happy he played well last night and long May it continue but to say every Poland player walks into our team is based on the Polish player we have, he’s not 1st name of the team sheet.