Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I honestly think Rooney has treated Sibley very very poorly. 

Yep, Rooney is being a right rick. He's regularly the most impactful sub (even when it's usually only 10 minutes he's given) and it's always, "he needs to do more." Meanwhile Waghorn, Jozwiak, Gregory etc. get much more chances than him and have been woeful for the majority of the time, yet seem to receive much less criticism than Sibley. 

Rooney seems to be holding Sibley to a higher standard than everyone else for some reason.

Its easy to say he has to do more in his cameos but we are all sitting there watching Waghorn do nothing and watching Jozwiak stand on the ball by accident a million times a game while doing nothing else so that excuse really doesn’t wash. We are completely insipid from open play and we have an exciting and creative attacking midfielder twiddling his thumbs. It’s really bizarre 

Sibley scored a hat trick v Millwall 9 month ago. It was declared that he was the player money couldn’t buy. Mel had searched Europe for a manager that would be great for the young players. Rosenior was the telly pundit that was the expert that had the knowledge of the championship. I’m sorry to say the management team has not been good for our young players especially Sibley.

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sibley scored a hat trick v Millwall 9 month ago. It was declared that he was the player money couldn’t buy. Mel had searched Europe for a manager that would be great for the young players. Rosenior was the telly pundit that was the expert that had the knowledge of the championship. I’m sorry to say the management team has not been good for our young players especially Sibley.

Or maybe our young players aren't talented enough? 

31 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I honestly think Rooney has treated Sibley very very poorly. 

Disgraceful comments from Rooney. What good will this do? A side and player low in confidence calling him out publicly is pathetic. Especially when you consider our atrocious attacking play this season. This is a major alarm bell for me. Rooney’s handling of Whittaker with the sub was questionable but possibly understandable. This is plain stupid. He’s annoying me recently. Claiming Buchanen is England potential (ridiculous claim) and now this. Sort it out Rooney. 

Unless I'm missing something, he is right, he has to do more otherwise he will continue to be on the bench. He will have told him exactly the same face to face, there is no surprise in what he is saying.

If he gets asked what any player needs to do to get a starting place, I'm sure he will give the same answer to that as well.

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

Unless I'm missing something, he is right, he has to do more otherwise he will continue to be on the bench. He will have told him exactly the same face to face, there is no surprise in what he is saying.

If he gets asked what any player needs to do to get a starting place, I'm sure he will give the same answer to that as well.

None of the other players going forward are doing anything? Sibley coming on offers more than most of our attackers does, and yet is held to a standard the starters aren't. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

None of the other players going forward are doing anything? Sibley coming on offers more than most of our attackers does, and yet is held to a standard the starters aren't. 

In what way ? He criticised the whole starting forward line in his post match comments ?

Other than hitting the bar which I personally think he should have done better with, what did Sibley actually do today when he came on? Roberts & Watson showed more when they came on than what Sibley did.

Edited by DCFC1388