Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

Where do you see Rooney accommodating him into the first XI?

He looked dangerous on the LW against Birmingham and was then suddenly dropped after the defeat to SWFC and other than a couple of cameo appearances off the bench, he's not really been seen.

With Rooney seemingly preferring either the 4-3-3 or 3-5-2, could we see potentially see him depart before the window shuts? There's a bit of talk over on Twitter (Yes I know!) that Rangers are looking at him on loan with a view to making it permanent in the summer.

Could Rooney be keeping him wrapped up in cotton wool for a sale this week or does he just not fit in how to wants to set up the side at the moment?

20 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Where do you see Rooney accommodating him into the first XI?

AM in a 4231 or on the wing in any formation. He's still too defensively naïve to have in a 433 for me. Bielik, Knight and Shinnie pick themselves at the moment and have the consistency Sibley doesn't. He'll be used primarily on the wing until Lawrence returns due to lack of other options (Waghorn and Whittaker his main competition)

He looked dangerous on the LW against Birmingham and was then suddenly dropped after the defeat to SWFC and other than a couple of cameo appearances off the bench, he's not really been seen.

He put in a pretty bad performance in that game in all fairness. Sibley will know that and will have to add consistency to his game to nail down a regular spot in the team.

With Rooney seemingly preferring either the 4-3-3 or 3-5-2, could we see potentially see him depart before the window shuts? There's a bit of talk over on Twitter (Yes I know!) that Rangers are looking at him on loan with a view to making it permanent in the summer.

Not with our squad being so small. If he does go it's down to finances.

Could Rooney be keeping him wrapped up in cotton wool for a sale this week or does he just not fit in how to wants to set up the side at the moment?

Doubtful. Just other CMs showing more consistency and winger contributing more to the team overall

I said at the beginning of the season that I saw knight and Sibley job sharing this season and whilst knight has done so well it’s hard for Sibley to get a decent start but he is young and we need his shooting ability - I foresee regular involvement 

I’d be fuming if we sell Sibley.

He is the star of the academy. He was the top performer in the U18s top team. He was incredible last year, if we sold him last summer he’d have been worth 15 million plus. Was a revelation last year. A special talent. For whatever reason, injury being a key issue, it hasn’t worked for him so far this year. But Sibley is someone we should be building teams around, not selling.

If he goes, having an academy is absolutely pointless. We’d get bugger all compared to the summer if he was to go now. He’s not had a chance to fully show his potential, but he has got so much talent, with that nasty streak as well. Rooney I’m sure can relate to that. Fingers crossed it’s rubbish, I hope so, but as others have said, the vultures are circling. Sad times. 

We forget he's young and still maturing.

He's more likely a victime of circumstances where we need to claw our way out of danger we need the dependable 6-8 out of ten perfance more than we need a 9/10 but dropped a clanger or a could 9 or 10 but could be 3 or 4 performer.

I don't buy the Rangers link. They don't have a burning need and he'd be too big an investment and I don't see us wanting to loan him for the playing time, we're going to be needing him at some point.

27 minutes ago, enachops said:

He is the star of the academy. He was the top performer in the U18s top team. He was incredible last year, if we sold him last summer he’d have been worth 15 million plus. Was a revelation last year. A special talent. For whatever reason, injury being a key issue, it hasn’t worked for him so far this year. But Sibley is someone we should be building teams around, not selling.

If he goes, having an academy is absolutely pointless. We’d get bugger all compared to the summer if he was to go now. He’s not had a chance to fully show his potential, but he has got so much talent, with that nasty streak as well. Rooney I’m sure can relate to that. Fingers crossed it’s rubbish, I hope so, but as others have said, the vultures are circling. Sad times. 

£15000000 ? 

31 minutes ago, enachops said:

He's also been given very few minutes considering his ability, in my opinion.

Always irks me when people write off a player who's only being given the ends of games to show what they can do (I don't mean you).

For me Sibley is our best attacking threat we have.

I've been annoyed at the lack of playing time Sibley has been getting. Especially considering how few goals we are scoring. This lad can create and score as many of his own chances as the rest of them put together. 

Hopefully it's for his development. I've equally been frustrated at Birds lack of involvement. However it's been understandable due to how well Shinnie is doing. When Bird came on against QPR he looked physically bigger and fitter. 

Sibley is above Lawrence in the pecking order for me. Maybe after a few more wins and Rooney is confident a relegation battle is behind us, he'll drop him back in. 

13 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

He's also been given very few minutes considering his ability, in my opinion.

Always irks me when people write off a player who's only being given the ends of games to show what they can do (I don't mean you).

For me Sibley is our best attacking threat we have.

Whittaker too. Big future still for him. 

Really rate Sibley but this season is becoming a nightmare for him. He’s hardly kicked a ball and when he has he hasn’t taken the match by storm like his performances last season.

In an ideal world we could loan him out to get his confidence up but it’s all hands on deck for us so hopefully his luck changes he gets some confidence and can become the player most of us believe he can be.

24 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Whittaker too. Big future still for him. 

Weird one for Whittaker, I was never a fan after watching his performance at Forest in that diabolical league cup tie (where incidentally Sibley was the only player who played well and was dragged off after about 60 minutes...)

But Whittaker then had a run in the side where he started to look like a really promising player, seemed to be gaining in confidence, and then hasn't had a sniff since?!

I understand Rooney is going for solidity right now and for that reason we'll see far less attacking flair in our line ups until we've pulled away from the relegation zone. But it is frustrating to see Sibley in particular only given the back-ends of games to do something.

51 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Personally, I haven't seen anything in Whittaker that suggests he's got a big future.

I have. 10lbs more muscle on the lad and defenders will hate him. He can drive forward with the ball so well and has shown he's a tough tackler too. Likes a shot also. 

He just needs a consistent run of games. 

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When was he injured? Dropped by Cocu after the Blackburn defeat, then dropped from the squad for 1 game as Rooney set us up more defensively.

He had a hamstring injury earlier in the season. Recovered towards the end of Cocu’s reign.  Has struggled this season, but the talent is obvious. Was class vs Brum, poor v Sheff Wed and hasn’t featured since. Would be a big player in the second half of the season.