Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Think some of its timing  as his hat-trick was against Millwall. Highlights the regression

Was Cocu manager. 

Derby

Formation 4-2-3-1

12Hamer

37Bogle2Wisdom16Clarke3Forsyth

32Rooney41Bird

23Holmes40Sibley10Lawrence

9Waghorn

The team when Sibley got his hat trick 

See Rooney helped him then 

Edited by Curtains

I get it now 

It’s all down to Owen Bradley saying “a Star  is Born at Pride Park Stadium.”

”Louie Sibley has arrived “

“The boy is special “

Waghorn pass and Sibley smashed it 

“Pride Park is a fortress for the Rams this season “

Never mind Cocu 

Edited by Curtains

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I get it now 

It’s all down to Owen Bradley saying “a Star  is Born at Pride Park Stadium.”

”Louie Sibley has arrived “

“The boy is special “

Waghorn pass and Sibley smashed it 

“Pride Park is a fortress for the Rams this season “

Never mind Cocu 

They certainly like to tempt fate in their commentary. Good to have proof of the demons they can unleash!!!! 

The problem is it's not just Sibley.

It was only a few weeks ago Rooney backed Buchanan to play for England one day. He's now found himself dropped from the first team.

Last year, Rooney was quoted as saying "Bird will be pushing for an England place in a year". Under Rooney, he's only retained a starting spot on 3 occasions.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was only a few weeks ago Rooney backed Buchanan to play for England one day. He's now found himself dropped from the first team.

Last year, Rooney was quoted as saying "Bird will be pushing for an England place in a year". Under Rooney, he's only retained a starting spot on 3 occasions.

You think he should play them just because they are from the academy then ?

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

You think he should play them just because they are from the academy then ?

No. I think we should play them because they're better than the alternatives.

Buchanan is already better than Forsyth in every aspect of play already.

Bird the only player we have that can play as a sole DM.

Sibley is one of the few players we have who can score from nothing. He's one of those players who instantly draws the opposition towards him, opening up space for others.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No. I think we should play them because they're better than the alternatives.

Buchanan is already better than Forsyth in every aspect of play already.

Bird the only player we have that can play as a sole DM.

Sibley is one of the few players we have who can score from nothing. He's one of those players who instantly draws the opposition towards him, opening up space for others.

With the exception of Sibley he has been playing then. We have had two games every week, yesterday he dropped Wisdom for example, we are going through a bad patch, do we continue to play them even though they are performing ?

You make it sound as though he is picking on the academy players, yet it's not really the case is it, Byrne, dropped, Jozwiak, dropped, Waghorn dropped.

Sibley can create something out of nothing, Rooney said that, but if he isn't creating something out of nothing then he needs to add something else to his game, because that alone isn't good enough. 

I am a huge Sibley fan and am really fed up that he is not given more match time. He has obvious ball skills and a natural ability which is more than can be said for some and is an exciting player to watch. If he hardly ever plays with the first team how are Derby and Sibley going to learn to play as a cohesive unit. A good team will know where to pass the ball to for certain players but unfortunately we are still in chop and change mode with players making inaccurate and ill judged passes . It doesn't work! 

38 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

With the exception of Sibley he has been playing then. We have had two games every week, yesterday he dropped Wisdom for example, we are going through a bad patch, do we continue to play them even though they are performing ?

You make it sound as though he is picking on the academy players, yet it's not really the case is it, Byrne, dropped, Jozwiak, dropped, Waghorn dropped.

Sibley can create something out of nothing, Rooney said that, but if he isn't creating something out of nothing then he needs to add something else to his game, because that alone isn't good enough. 

Byrne didn't play because he had a knock. 

Jozwiak has started all but 5 under Rooney (2 if those Rooney's first 2 games)

Waghorn's played badly for most of the season but has still had a 5 or 6 game run of starting - something Bird and Sibley haven't had.

If I remember correctly, Bird was the only player to get dropped after the 3-0 defeat to Rotherham. Bird and Sibley (and te Wierik and Marriott) the chosen players to deserve dropping after the early season 4-0 defeat to Blackburn. Sibley was arguably our best player in that game!

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or arguably the worst treatment; Whittaker. I still stand by the whole Stoke debacle was terrible management.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Byrne didn't play because he had a knock. 

Jozwiak has started all but 5 under Rooney (2 if those Rooney's first 2 games)

Waghorn's played badly for most of the season but has still had a 5 or 6 game run of starting - something Bird and Sibley haven't had.

If I remember correctly, Bird was the only player to get dropped after the 3-0 defeat to Rotherham. Bird and Sibley (and te Wierik and Marriott) the chosen players to deserve dropping after the early season 4-0 defeat to Blackburn. Sibley was arguably our best player in that game!

If there has been one consistent thread this season is the academy players getting the short end of the stick, not enough time and often taking the fall for players being nowhere near to standard around them.

There are numerous examples like it as well whereas senior players seemingly are allowed to play through dips in form. Knight is the only exception but he tends to play the role of the fill in the gaps utility man.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If there has been one consistent thread this season is the academy players getting the short end of the stick, not enough time and often taking the fall for players being nowhere near to standard around them.

There are numerous examples like it as well whereas senior players seemingly are allowed to play through dips in form. Knight is the only exception but he tends to play the role of the fill in the gaps utility man.

More academy players have played this season than in any other since the Academy was formed.

Some players need a kick up the harris and some players need an arm round the shoulder. I have no idea which motivation Sibley will respond to and I doubt anyone on here does too.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

More academy players have played this season than in any other since the Academy was formed.

Some players need a kick up the harris and some players need an arm round the shoulder. I have no idea which motivation Sibley will respond to and I doubt anyone on here does too.

Whilst that's true what I'm referring to is how little slack they often get, especially there are several senior players afforded a hell of a lot more or they can even play well and get dropped afterwards.

10 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst that's true what I'm referring to is how little slack they often get, especially there are several senior players afforded a hell of a lot more or they can even play well and get dropped afterwards.

I would suggest that only Sibley has been underplayed. Knight has been over played. 

Bird was a little unlucky to be dropped after the Coventry game, but that was due to a change of system. Whilst Watson has done well, coming on as a sub in a stretched open, game against tired players is different to starting. I can't see Watson starting unless we play 433.