Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

Sibley has shown what he can do, but that was last season, this season he has not shown anything that deserves a starting place. People have been asking why he hasn't been starting and he confirms this is the reason, same people then get upset at him saying this...priceless ?

Except his performance against Birmingham were he ran them ragged and won a penalty.... only to get dropped straight away.... 

“I know he’s an exciting player who can create and score goals... ” 

We’ve scored nine goals from open play in 36 games, if I was Wayne I think I’d be more willing to throw caution to the wind as we’re being dragged back into a relegation dog fight. 

Edited by Ambitious

14 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Sibley is a prospect. He dives into challenges over eager & gives away silly free kicks. Saying that id rather him play over waghorn. Id also rather see players in their best positions. Round pegs in round holes

He does dive into challenges, and he is over eager. But you know what? He actually has attacking instincts, he wants to go forward. He wants to score goals. That is *exactly* the kind of player we need in the team right now. I don't care if he isn't perfectly disciplined defensively. 

Edited by Andicis

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Except his performance against Birmingham were he ran them ragged and won a penalty.... only to get dropped straight away.... 

Wasnt straight away, he played the next game and was poor and conceded the freekick we lost the game to. He then was dropped for the next game vs Rotherham at home, came off the bench and was at fault for their goal by cushioning a header back into the 6 yard box.

He needs to earn Rooneys trust defensively and also impact the game when he comes on. Watson has had a positive impact the past couple of games, Roberts has looked lively off the bench a couple of times but I cant remember the last time Sibley has made an impact, probably Birmingham.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He does dive into challenges, and he is over eager. But you know what? He actually has attacking instincts, he wants to go forward. He wants to score goals. That is *exactly* the kind of player we need in the team right now. I don't care if he isn't perfectly disciplined defensively. 

I did say id rather see him play and in his right position ?‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Sibley has to do more to get a starting place so does Knight....and Waggers.....and Joswiak.....etc etc etc

in my view the only certain starters should be Clarke, Byrne, Wisdom and CKR....

I wouldnt include Wisdom in the list of certain starters. I would put Shinnie in there.

Knight, Waghorn & Jozwiak have all had spells out of the team too. Problem is we dont have to much competition in those positions.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Wasnt straight away, he played the next game and was poor and conceded the freekick we lost the game to. He then was dropped for the next game vs Rotherham at home, came off the bench and was at fault for their goal by cushioning a header back into the 6 yard box.

He needs to earn Rooneys trust defensively and also impact the game when he comes on. Watson has had a positive impact the past couple of games, Roberts has looked lively off the bench a couple of times but I cant remember the last time Sibley has made an impact, probably Birmingham.

I actually forgot about the Wednesday game but I can recall him being bright again there and honestly saying the goal was just down to him is probably overcooking it. But it serves my overall point, Sibley makes a mistake -> dropped to not return for an age and yet there are several worse offenders who get a free pass.

We shouldn't be concerning yourself so much with the defensive contribution of the forward line when it oh so clearly the other way that's the problem

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Or WR, everything you said above ... unable to see that in order to win games of football you need your most creative players on the pitch   - from the first whistle, not when you're already losing.

Yes, we do.

Not only do you need your most creative players on the pitch, You also need someone to score those opportunities that those creative players create.

Both PC and WR have played Sibley...our goals for record is a paltry 25 in 35 games, A manager sees players in training, Sibley according to WR isn't doing enough to get in the starting 11, Should he pick him because he's a fans favourite, Or pick him and HOPE he can create those chances for our goal shy forwards to miss.

How many goals have we scored from open play...Rowett said 9, That's a shocking stat, We're putting to much pressure on a young man shoulders in the position we're in.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wouldnt include Wisdom in the list of certain starters. I would put Shinnie in there.

Knight, Waghorn & Jozwiak have all had spells out of the team too. Problem is we dont have to much competition in those positions.

Shinnie has had some pretty dreadful performances that been given a complete pass, not to mention how stifled our ability to play through midfield and through the lines becomes when both he and Knight start in the middle.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Shinnie has had some pretty dreadful performances that been given a complete pass, not to mention how stifled our ability to play through midfield and through the lines becomes when both he and Knight start in the middle.

I think Knight has gone off the boil recently, Shinnie has been our most consistent centre mid, granted he isnt the most creative but for me he start every game, this season anyway.

28 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

What's really really odd about these comments is Sibley gets what 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there shoved out wide and even when he does start and does well (Thinking of the Birmingham game particularly) he's prone to getting dropped anyway. What's he supposed to do ? Why is the onus on him to do something the minute he gets on the pitch but several players don't produce anything for weeks running and yet get pick regardless of form ? 

If one forward player isn't performing to their standards then it's on them, if all of them aren't then the problem lies elsewhere.....

That's a difference of opinion though about who he feels is the best player in that position. It's a different argument to what was being said, that he is picking on Sibley, because his full quote is just saying what he needs to do better. As he has said about other forwards as well.

2 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Not only do you need your most creative players on the pitch, You also need someone to score those opportunities that those creative players create.

Both PC and WR have played Sibley...our goals for record is a paltry 25 in 35 games, A manager sees players in training, Sibley according to WR isn't doing enough to get in the starting 11, Should he pick him because he's a fans favourite, Or pick him and HOPE he can create those chances for our goal shy forwards to miss.

How many goals have we scored from open play...Rowett said 9, That's a shocking stat, We're putting to much pressure on a young man shoulders in the position we're in.

Yes, so we will carry on playing Waggy instead then, who is doing so much better......

Give Sibley a run in the team and he will not only create chances, he'll score his fair share too.

Frankly, I don't think we will see it for Derby as he will be off at the end of the season. I might join him.....

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I actually forgot about the Wednesday game but I can recall him being bright again there and honestly saying the goal was just down to him is probably overcooking it. But it serves my overall point, Sibley makes a mistake -> dropped to not return for an age and yet there are several worse offenders who get a free pass.

We shouldn't be concerning yourself so much with the defensive contribution of the forward line when it oh so clearly the other way that's the problem

I think in our current position Rooney feels like he needs to be able to trust all players will do their job defensively, because if they dont we have no chance of getting points, after all we have won 1 point all season from a losing position.

The Sheff W goal isnt solely down to Sibleg but he does commit a lot of silly/needless fouls that puts us under pressure defensively.

Personally I think Sibley shouldnt be being played out wide, he should be in the 10 behind CKR so he has less defensive responsibility and in a position to create chances and run into the space Jozwiak & Lawrence create when the come inside. Play 4231, Shinnie Beni in the 2, Lawrence Sibley Jozwiak in the 3. I dont like Knight in the 2, Bird & Shinnie together doesnt work so go with a right footer in Beni & a left foot in Shinnie for balance. Maybe Bird for Shinnie if we are playing a game we have more possession in.

One of Cocu's few positives when he was here was that he definitely improved the academy players. I don't think it's a coincidence that since he's left , Sibley and Bird have struggled. You could say Knight's form has possibly slipped a bit recently. Having said that, I don't know how Waghorn is starting over Sibley. Waghorn's offered almost nothing in recent weeks apart from the occasional set piece.

Sibley's only been given 6 starts all season. Back to back starts only once  thanks to his standout display against Birmingham... then dropped again after being one of several to put in bad performances (other bad performers remained in the sqaud).

It's no secret we've struggled to score all season, partly because we don't shoot often enough. Check this list of our top shooters out:SmartSelect_20210313-212914_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3aec5aebbe92ec275ba77ae52be7d12.jpg

Only 1 of the top 10 is playing regularly, with another 2 used in rotation. We need the likes of Sibley in the team

25 minutes ago, James Pond said:

'We're' not putting any pressure on him. 'We' would simply like to see him given game time in light of how poorly those 'in front' of him are playing and for the manager to save any criticism for private conversations. If anyone is pressurising the kid, it's Rooney.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, so we will carry on playing Waggy instead then, who is doing so much better......

Give Sibley a run in the team and he will not only create chances, he'll score his fair share too.

Frankly, I don't think we will see it for Derby as he will be off at the end of the season. I might join him.....

angie we've most likely been watching DCFC for about the same time period, My 1st game was in 1966 well over 1500 games since then, You'll not pack in with DCFC, Players come and go, Supporters stay for life, I'm no fan of Waghorn, He'll be offloaded when his contract is up...with a host of others, I've had my favourites not picked over those years, I've belittled managers because of their choice of the starting 11...Lampard when leaving Marriott out at Wembley who won us the game at Leeds was my last verbal onslaught.

Can you imagine the furore if Sibley starts on Tuesday against Brentford and he has a stinker...I can, The boy has a huge talent/potential, When he starts or comes on as a Sub he has to show what he's worth whether out of position or not, If he's of a strong character he'll make a very good living in the next 15 years, If not he'll fall by the wayside.