Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

If anyone is pressurising the kid, it's Rooney.

What utter tosh, He's 19 years old, Playing in a rather poor team, He's not a wonder kid, He's a boy with a bit of talent...no more no less, Lets pamper our young players behind closed doors, Why do you think WR singled him out, Is it because he thinks he's a pretty poor player or do you think that when WR does play him he may not be doing as WR asks, There comes a time when a manager has to speak out...it was only a week or 2 that posters on here were enthusing about how WR portrays himself infront of the camara, Sometimes there's a reason why managers "pick" on players...maybe it's because they are not listening.

46 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

but he didn't get dropped straight away did he ?

Yeah got that one wrong, I just plain forgot about the Wednesday game but as I said elsewhere it's not exactly a run is it? He was bright as well against Wednesday but seems to be judged by a different stick to most.

3 minutes ago, James Pond said:

What utter tosh, He's 19 years old, Playing in a rather poor team, He's not a wonder kid, He's a boy with a bit of talent...no more no less, Lets pamper our young players behind closed doors, Why do you think WR singled him out, Is it because he thinks he's a pretty poor player or do you think that when WR does play him he may not be doing as WR asks, There comes a time when a manager has to speak out...it was only a week or 2 that posters on here were enthusing about how WR portrays himself infront of the camara, Sometimes there's a reason why managers "pick" on players...maybe it's because they are not listening.

Where have I said he's a wonder kid? As for talking tosh, best leave it there if you can't keep a civil tongue in your head mate. 

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Knight has gone off the boil recently, Shinnie has been our most consistent centre mid, granted he isnt the most creative but for me he start every game, this season anyway.

Whilst I thought he played a lot better today and deserves his place off the back of it most likely, Shinnie is not good enough to be guaranteed a place in the side. For the run of games from Forest through to Coventry he was poor and any other player would have been dropped. And he does have major issues in his all round game that do really effect us. The problem isn't the lack of creativity it's the lack of offering for the ball, getting into space and moving the ball reliably onto another white shirt quickly.

17 minutes ago, James Pond said:

angie we've most likely been watching DCFC for about the same time period, My 1st game was in 1966 well over 1500 games since then, You'll not pack in with DCFC, Players come and go, Supporters stay for life, I'm no fan of Waghorn, He'll be offloaded when his contract is up...with a host of others, I've had my favourites not picked over those years, I've belittled managers because of their choice of the starting 11...Lampard when leaving Marriott out at Wembley who won us the game at Leeds was my last verbal onslaught.

Can you imagine the furore if Sibley starts on Tuesday against Brentford and he has a stinker...I can, The boy has a huge talent/potential, When he starts or comes on as a Sub he has to show what he's worth whether out of position or not, If he's of a strong character he'll make a very good living in the next 15 years, If not he'll fall by the wayside.

That's fine when those starting are playing well. Have any of our attacking options looked like scoring or even creating anything in recent weeks? Sibley's been closest to hitting the back of the net since Kazim scored his wonder goal against Forest. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's fine when those starting are playing well. Have any of our attacking options looked like scoring or even creating anything in recent weeks? Sibley's been closest to hitting the back of the net since Kazim scored his wonder goal against Forest. 

You didn't see Shinnie hitting the post against Barnsley then?

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah got that one wrong, I just plain forgot about the Wednesday game but as I said elsewhere it's not exactly a run is it? He was bright as well against Wednesday but seems to be judged by a different stick to most.

So where is the problem in your opinion, Rooney not starting him or Rooney saying why he isn't starting him ?

Personally I would start him, I think he has great potential, Id put him above Knight but can understand what WR thinks knight brings to the team above Sibley for example. 

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

That's a difference of opinion though about who he feels is the best player in that position. It's a different argument to what was being said, that he is picking on Sibley, because his full quote is just saying what he needs to do better. As he has said about other forwards as well.

But there is definately an element of singling him out for special attention, there was zero need to bring up a lot of what he did.

The issue with Sibley highlights one the main issues I have and why I am rapidly losing interest in Derby under Rooney.

We had nearly got ourselves out of this mess and rather than try to add more creativity we went the other way. It is rubbish. We have just slammed into reverse.

Our manager pushes the need for players to be positive, be proactive. Yet, our team is picked to stop the opposition. Our subs reactive and often too late. He wants more creativity yet the few who have such skills are mere cameos. Is Sibley expected to win the game in 5 mins?

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

But there is definately an element of singling him out for special attention, there was zero need to bring up a lot of what he did.

I'd disagree on that, only my opinion of course, but he rounded on all the attacking players today. On Sibley he just stated that he needs to do more than he is, he has a point, the same as the rest of them have to.

12 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

The issue with Sibley highlights one the main issues I have and why I am rapidly losing interest in Derby under Rooney.

We had nearly got ourselves out of this mess and rather than try to add more creativity we went the other way. It is rubbish. We have just slammed into reverse.

Our manager pushes the need for players to be positive, be proactive. Yet, our team is picked to stop the opposition. Our subs reactive and often too late. He wants more creativity yet the few who have such skills are mere cameos. Is Sibley expected to win the game in 5 mins?

Exactly this. 

Just like Rooney praising Watson but never starts him. 

All of the players we have with any sort of imagination going forward is always on the bench. 

Rooney seems too negative, which surprises me. 

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sibley is seen all week every week by the manager. Do any of us on here have more information as to when, if and why he should play? Also do any of us know Sibleys personality well enough to know how he best responds? If not on what basis are the assumptions made? 

That's fine but you could say the same about any player in any squad. The manager always sees more than the fans, but they still sometimes get things wrong.

Completely disagree with Wazza there but what do I know. 

Another big fat red flag IMO, unless this is all part of a bigger plan to get the best out of Sibbers. Judging by his little playing time I wouldn’t like to bet on it. 

Having witnessed some performances from “seasoned pro’s” in recent games I can’t actually believe he’s called him out in public though.

If the club doesn't have the financial resources to recruit players without selling, I would like to see Sibley and Knight as a midfield pairing next season. We've been screaming out for goals from midfield and them pair I believe could be very successful. Yes they need to work on their discipline however they are young men who want to get involved and get stuck in. Wasn't Rooney a little card happy in his younger years? Shinnie can play in that midfield three too for extra solidity. I think the balance especially playing at home would be ideal. 

Rooney's being harsh because I think he knows Sibley has the ability to be a Premier League player and wants to see consistent performances. Most players now need to be cuddled because they can't take a little criticism every now and then. I think Sibley is one of them rare players who wants a kick up the arse because he's got fire in the system. I hope once we're mathematically safe, we can look at using Sibley in midfield more because he needs more game time.