EFL appeal

Sith Happens

Not sure who on our side is responsible for submitting what we think a reasonable punishment is, but I would certainly be asking for the bare minimum based on the absolute joke of a process.

The fact the EFL allowed another club to delay this for 5-6 months with pointless time wasting which will have increased the amount of money spent, generated huge amounts of uncertainty for other clubs and materially impacted our ability to conduct our season properly in the mean time is absolutely astonishing. Especially when the owner of said club has previously sold their clubs tax bill to one of his other businesses to avoid having to account for it. Hypocritical.

I guess we have finally solved the one outstanding question from the Morris reign. What the hell is 'The Derby Way'?

Take a bow Mel. Quality stuff. Step forward the 20/21 season.

Just reading the excellent 'Pride' history of DCFC and there are so many similarities to previous messes that we have got ourselves into.

?

My reading of the 2 staements (EFL vs DCFC) based on zero knowledge of the actually facts:

The EFL needed a win for it's own credibility as much as anything else and are being pretty triumphalist about it.

DCFC also needed a win to get out of the poo.

The result is actually somewhere in between. It's a qualified win for the EFL, but given the orginal panel's pretty scathing verdict of the EFL's case, I don't think they will be inclined to go all guns blazing at us, especially as the part that the appeal overturned was one the original panel were detailed in why they found in our favor.

It's a win for the EFL, but not the big one they want everyone to believe. There's going to be some consiquences for DCFC, but yet to see what. Almost certainly won't be applied this season.

3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Parachute payments skew the viability of the entire Football League structure and are at the core of all of the problems within the EFL right now. Championship clubs stretch themselves to offer playing budgets to compete with the recently relegated PL cohort which pushes up the average earnings of the players in the division and, in turn pushes up the demands of those playing in the divisions below causing the entire pyramid to totter in the 99th percentile of viability.

But what is the other option? To close off the Premier League and allow them to eat themselves? It would bring back sporting integrity to the EFL, but no-one would vote for capping ambition.

Relagated clubs don’t have to accept the parachute payments - make any club accepting them have a minus 16 point starting position

fairness restored 

Just now, Angry Ram said:

I guess we have finally solved the one outstanding question from the Morris reign. What the hell is 'The Derby Way'?

Take a bow Mel. Quality stuff. Step forward the 20/21 season.

Just reading the excellent 'Pride' history of DCFC and there are so many similarities to previous messes that we have got ourselves into.

?

And somebody earlier in this thread got all worked up when the club was referred to as a 'basket case'

53 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Pearce if guilty of knowingly false accounting, should be fired immediately.

If it’s taken about 2 years, an inquest and appeal then it can’t be that black and white.  Hope I’m right but sounds like a bit of a storm in a tea cup..... hopefully a fine will be seen as appropriate punishment which was initially reported when the appeal was first made.

2 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I hope so .. Would prefer a local consortium to anything else. A board of good figures as opposed to 1 man deciding everything. Lets just hope this come to fruition and quickly.

By the sounds of it, they won’t be pumping money into the club, but they will balance the books each year.

I actually rate the job the GSE did for us, they managed to get the club in to a very financially secure position, paid off the stadium got rid of all the high earners and in the end they had us very competitive under Mac, who knows how it may have turned out had they had continued? We would have sold out best players but probably have spent wiser knowing that what is spent must come back in. 

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure who on our side is responsible for submitting what we think a reasonable punishment is, but I would certainly be asking for the bare minimum based on the absolute joke of a process.

The fact the EFL allowed another club to delay this for 5-6 months with pointless time wasting which will have increased the amount of money spent, generated huge amounts of uncertainty for other clubs and materially impacted our ability to conduct our season properly in the mean time is absolutely astonishing. Especially when the owner of said club has previously sold their clubs tax bill to one of his other businesses to avoid having to account for it. Hypocritical.

F the lot of them.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No way it applies this season. If they relegate us with a three point deduction for example, then we win the appeal what happens?

We just swap places with Wycombe five games in to next season when the process finally concludes?

Sounds like sod all to me anyway having read carefully through that statement. I don't think anything will happen, it will certainly not be this season. Maybe a fine or just a slap on the wrist. 

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It took the EFL about two years to reach this point. I suspect writing out a statement might take another week or so. 

The timing might follow whatever happened to Wendies last year, because following precedent puts the EFl on safer ground vis a vis that US lawyer who owns Wycombe

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Jeez Nick! @Ambitious wanted him to die! I just wanted him to eat poo. 

Haha! Personally find it very hard to criticise him. local man that ploughed alot of dough into Boro, brought them some good years in the Premiership, new stadium and took them into Europe... Derby meanwhile.....

19 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Not lead to believe it will be anything different to that... Are you?

Said this on another thread. Reassurance that the club is going to be okay. Why haven't neither of them spoke to the fans? They are hiding. That statement wasn't from them. May well be titled that but nothing personal in there.

If you feel they should stay quiet then this convo doesnt need to go on as going round in circles.

No but Im not led to believe it will be a points deduction either, other than by the media who also were saying we had lost the original case and were going to be deducted 21 points.

MM said in his only interview with the national media that he would continue to fund the club until a buyer was found, not sure what more you want him to say? Does he have to keep on saying it every payday?

There isnt really a circle for the conversation to go round in, you want people to help you protest but you dont really say what they are supposed to be protesting against or exactly what it is you want, other than what has been said already?

I'm not sure any director of a company could guarantee things will be alright when there are so many unknowns in the current situation. 

If the EFL’s number one priority was the safeguarding and governance of the football clubs it regulates it would :-

1. Insist that the fit and proper test as a potential director and proof of funds in a UK bank account were proved before negotiations started between a potential buyer and a club.

2. Have lighter touch regulation, where the welfare of the club came above draconian sanctions, celebrated in the press.

3. Campaign against FFP, as in the Championship for example,at least three of its member clubs have an unfair advantage each season due to parachute payments.

4. Not be influenced by outside agendas which are basically a revenge mission by one club against another.

5. Stop diving, dissent and gobbing on the pitch