EFL appeal

Sith Happens

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Does seem odd that every time they challenge a ruling by an independent panel that the next independent panel always seem to overturn the ruling of the first.

It would appear that it may actually be better to lose the first case because this can be appealed, but if you lose the second case you cant. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Mate the identity of the people on the panels need to be published 

The panel concluded that the Disciplinary Commission was wrong to dismiss the League’s expert accountancy evidence, which demonstrated that the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of player registrations was contrary to standard accounting rules.

More specifically, the panel determined that the Club’s policy was not in accordance with accounting standard FRS102 because it failed to accurately reflect the manner in which the Club takes the benefit of player registrations over the lifetime of a player’s contract.

So that Professor Pope, was 'right', even though the original report made him sound completely stupid.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

Before we get the statement, as it won't change either way.

* Mel has done what other clubs have, just to the extreme. I wish he hadn't, but the EFL needs to take a long, hard look at why it took four years to get a grip on it, and the incentives for doing so.

* Retrospectively changing their advice and interpretation of the rules is deeply, deeply wrong.

* Rick Parry said something inane about clubs should use the pandemic to reset their business model a few months back, which was something so dumb as to surely prove conclusively he was unfit to be in the role altogether.

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The EFL are on a sticky wicket here.

They want to be very careful.

This panel that panel are they all independent.

I did ponder this last night, any punishment has to suit all parties involved or else it’ll drag on further.

The other interesting aspect is, if the EFL punish with a points deduction for next season then that could trigger legal action from Wycombe.

No clue on the outcome, but the EFL could make themselves more mess than what it’s worth 

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

"More specifically, the panel determined that the Club’s policy was not in accordance with accounting standard FRS102 because it failed to accurately reflect the manner in which the Club takes the benefit of player registrations over the lifetime of a player’s contract."

I think this is in relation to particular 4, where the Disciplinary Commision stated unreliability in predicting future values isn't against FRS 102. Interesting.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So the "EFL win" is simply that the Disciplinary Commission need to reconsider Professor Pope's evidence?

Have I understood that correctly?

certainly the EFL wording is more strident than the club's.  it would be helpful to know which of the 5 subcharges in charge 2 have been upheld.  I think they are asked to consider the penalty now Pope's views have been successfully appealed

Death by a 1000 cuts

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's the way it reads to me. The panel could easily accept his evidence and still rule in our favour.

no we are guilty, end of.  Their job is to decide on the penalty based on pleadings made by the club.  Then I guess that can be appealed also