EFL appeal

Sith Happens

17 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

MM probably hasn't got the will or energy to argue anymore,he just wants rid.

Well if I was mel I would argue it and if last act for Derby county I make sure we get away with it. I keep beating efl you signed it off I got in writing and signed off by efl.

17 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's about 400 pages. 

Intangible assets (values of rights etc) is about 7 pages. 

And like all such documents, amortisation is tackled obliquely in bits by going on about the measurement of value on acquisition, and subsequently. What the term of amortisation should be etc etc

What I think you would like to point to is section 18.22, which is basically writing down what amortisation is, states that you should amortize using a systematic method based on consumption of economic benefits and only at the end states that "if the pattern cannot be determined reliably then the straight line method will be used". 

Lots of undefined terms. Systematic method. Reliably. Economic benefits. 

So no, I see no codification of amortisation rules in any of that. Lots of principles, scope for opinion and judgement and therefore differences in interpretation to emerge. 

That's really the essence of the EFL's problem. Virtually everyone else uses the straight line method but, as you say, other methods can still comply with FRS102. The EFL could have, and should have, specified a method in the FFP rules so as to provide conformity when dealing with what are clearly large numbers. We didn't do it wrongly (per our auditors), just differently, but that was enough for Gibson to perceive it as cheating and pressure the EFL to take action against us.

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

That's really the essence of the EFL's problem. Virtually everyone else uses the straight line method but, as you say, other methods can still comply with FRS102. The EFL could have, and should have, specified a method in the FFP rules so as to provide conformity when dealing with what are clearly large numbers. We didn't do it wrongly (per our auditors), just differently, but that was enough for Gibson to perceive it as cheating and pressure the EFL to take action against us.

Indeed! Let's be honest here, the EFL are only pursuing this to save face and to appease twits like Gibson who have got it into their heads that we've somehow hoodwinked the DC. They'll know that if they try and apply any meaningful sanction, we'll immediately appeal it and most likely win, so my hunch, as it has been from the start, is that we'll be given a nominal fine and the EFL will shout 'justice has been served' from the rooftops while little Stevie goes into full meltdown mode as he realises that one of the next clubs under scrutiny is quite likely to be his own.

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

EFL will shout 'justice has been served' from the rooftops while little Stevie goes into full meltdown mode as he realises that one of the next clubs under scrutiny is quite likely to be his own.

Now that would be a brilliant ending to  the DCFC Netflix drama!!!!

Who could play the part of Gibson? Woody Allen?

Edited by Ruud Aralliss

In honesty, this has to be closed out soon. The EFL can’t hold Derby to ransom over this and not let them plan for the new season. That’s just a recipe for a huge counter-claim.

Ae soon as it is … suddenly Derby become very investible. Wages are really very low and at some point fans will return. Plus we have a great academy set up. What a great place to invest! It’s literally a waiting game and we’re out of this mess. That’s my hope. That’s my belief. 

Then suddenly we won’t be a relegation team instead we’ll be back on the championship roller coaster that we all know and love!!

Just a thought, but maybe we already know the outcome, but have had to change the way we do things, hence the reason we are being linked with the likes of Crooks etc, who will not a fortune and will fit into a more stringent wages structure. The big problem is the likes of waggy, Curt and Andre are on far bigger wages than we can now afford and there hoping for a better offer elsewhere, which we can’t match.